1.5.2 pack..

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
I have been working on my own 1.5.2 pack for a while now and I have to say the FTB team has had a few major road blocks to the update. NEI has issues and still does as of right now. Finally chicken bones fixed most of it but in doing so nei plugins needs updating. extra bees is behind forestry and xycraft doesn't have a 1.5.x update out at all. Mystraft is not ready for 1.5.2 so there are a lot of road blocks. IMO we should see a pack out soon without mystcraft. Probably when the nei plugin is fixed. Modular power suits is the primary drive imo for 1.5.2. A lot of features were added and its amazing. Power suits needs forge 700+ and nei plugins isnt working with a version of nei that works with forge 700+ Its a real issue imo. I am using a custom chickencore made by a fan from the minecraft forum. Its letting me use the latest forge but its far from perfect. Definitely not major release ready... So basically what I am saying is be patient and dont underestimate the difficulty in getting everything perfect.

Reactions: The Mobius Archives

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I made my own 1.5.2 pack and it's working fine. It's not nearly the amount of mods that Ultimate is, though.

That said, most everyone is being awesomely patient. It's been nearly a month since the pack was supposed to come in a week. Most everyone understands that it takes time for these things to be released and that the team is working to release a stable pack.

Reactions: The Mobius Archives

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty happy with Kirin's 1.5.1 pack. I see no need to rush to 1.5.2, as there's nothing that vanilla has added (or mods have added) between 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 that is super amazing omg want nao!

It's all pretty meh.

Reactions: RedBoss

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running out of audio books.

Listened to John Ringo's Live Free or Die: Troy Rising and Citadel ... Now listening to Mogworld - Yahtzee Croshaw author.

I could read, but that takes 100% attention, audio book lets me play and listen... Though I have noticed creepers have an easier time killing me.

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019

Listened to John Ringo's Live Free or Die: Troy Rising and Citadel ... Now listening to Mogworld - Yahtzee Croshaw author.

I could read, but that takes 100% attention, audio book lets me play and listen... Though I have noticed creepers have an easier time killing me.

The Stand (really, anything by King), The Hunger Games, The Pillars of the Earth, anything by Harlen Coben. I could go on ;)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

Mogworld was nice. It does feel like Yahtzee was Gray Stewing it a bit in it though.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
I got one called Swan Song by Robert McCammon ... seems like a variant of The Stand so far, but it's really long and dark.

I'll look into Harlen Coben, not heard that one before so might be all new. :)

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I got one called Swan Song by Robert McCammon ... seems like a variant of The Stand so far, but it's really long and dark.

I'll look into Harlen Coben, not heard that one before so might be all new. :)

Oh I enjoyed that one. If you like post apocalyptic stuff, The Passage was good, too.

Coben is great - there is always a twist you don't see coming.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
lets see I've read the harry dresdan series, game of thrones, and the inhearitance series is also good

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
lets see I've read the harry dresdan series, game of thrones, and the inhearitance series is also good

Harry was good. But only to a point after a few books it just started getting... I don't know what but it was getting boring for me.[DOUBLEPOST=1369361236][/DOUBLEPOST]In that same vain Anita Blake is good for about the first three before it turns into everyone wanting to have sex with her and her becoming god like.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
well the first book of that series was actually the eighth book so his character development in the series was a little more better.

Bloodfrost

Jul 29, 2019
Imo wheel of time series was good...
Dresdan was... i dunno, seemed amature... more kids books to me.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Imo wheel of time series was good...
Dresdan was... i dunno, seemed amature... more kids books to me.

You do know he started that on a bet. The first book was supposed to be the only book (which is why it has the opening and closing the way it is) and it was to try and prove that the 1st person detective trope would not work well for modern fantasy.

Of course he was wrong people ate that up. And like many authors if you throw money at them they are more then happy to keep writing stuff.

Bloodfrost

Jul 29, 2019
You do know he started that on a bet. The first book was supposed to be the only book (which is why it has the opening and closing the way it is) and it was to try and prove that the 1st person detective trope would not work well for modern fantasy.

Of course he was wrong people ate that up. And like many authors if you throw money at them they are more then happy to keep writing stuff.
Power to him then, i didnt say i didnt like it ;) however i suppose that was implied. It was just odd going to that series from some other excellent series and it seemed.. ... odd lol.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
well thats kind of what happened to the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy series.

yeah and boy did he want to kill it. He really was not feeling the setting after the third book and really really wanted to close the setting off in a way that was imposable to come back from.

And then his family rapes his corpse and makes the salmon of doubt from random stuff they found on his pc.[DOUBLEPOST=1369362035][/DOUBLEPOST]
Power to him then, i didnt say i didnt like it ;) however i suppose that was implied. It was just odd going to that series from some other excellent series and it seemed.. ... odd lol.

Yeah and now you know why. it was his 'lets have fun with this' series. It has many good bits. But to me it got a bit old after awhile.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
currently reading (for the second time) the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. Atm I'm on the 9th of 11 books.