[1.10.2] Age of Engineering

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Thanks for the tip, I was trying to work out a neat way of auto breaking the melons, a compacting drawer will do nicely, what did you use to extract these from the drawer? I'm thinking of a item puller going into a dropper or something like that.

The cables are from solar core I think, made with 6 glass and 3 restonia crystals, I had a few lying around, going into an LV capacitor bank that's up against a wall, just reduces the amount of wires, though they look a little out of place, might replace with wires.

At the moment I've taken some of the cloches offline due to the massive output of items, as you have said before I found that potato's need about 4 or 5 to keep up with the fermenter. I'm going to build the second generator tonight and switch to melons.

Now I need some way of storing MASSIVE amounts of RF, enderIO capacitors, or build an out-building filled with HV-Capacitors from Immersive Engineering?

I might retire my simple smooth-stone factory and investigate other sources of resource generation now, and automating things like EnderIO capacitors, that will free up a huge amount of floor space.

-Wuffle!
My cloche setups are like this: The cloches output onto conveyor belts and the output is transported to dropping conveyor belts placed on drawers with void upgrades (optimally the cloches output directly on the dropping conveyor belts, but that's not always possible depending on your layout). That way all excess production will be voided. From the drawers I pull out items with EnderIO item conduits which go directly into the Fermenter/Squeezer. The conduits will pull out items only if there is space in the destination inventory. For the melons just replace the relevant drawer with a compacting drawer and use an EnderIO conduit filter to draw out melons slices instead of whole melons. The following screenshot shows the setup, with an additional normal drawer since I didn't know if I could place a void upgrade in a compacting drawer. I still don't know, maybe you need to do the same. For the hemp, you'll need two drawers. one for the seed and one for the fibre, both with void upgrades.
601_Melons.jpg

C

Closet Gamer

Thanks for the tip, I was trying to work out a neat way of auto breaking the melons, a compacting drawer will do nicely, what did you use to extract these from the drawer? I'm thinking of a item puller going into a dropper or something like that.

The cables are from solar core I think, made with 6 glass and 3 restonia crystals, I had a few lying around, going into an LV capacitor bank that's up against a wall, just reduces the amount of wires, though they look a little out of place, might replace with wires.

At the moment I've taken some of the cloches offline due to the massive output of items, as you have said before I found that potato's need about 4 or 5 to keep up with the fermenter. I'm going to build the second generator tonight and switch to melons.

Now I need some way of storing MASSIVE amounts of RF, enderIO capacitors, or build an out-building filled with HV-Capacitors from Immersive Engineering?

I might retire my simple smooth-stone factory and investigate other sources of resource generation now, and automating things like EnderIO capacitors, that will free up a huge amount of floor space.

-Wuffle!
I wouldn't make too many capacitors, if you can get by until the nuclear age they are dead cheap to make with UU matter buddy

------------------------
*Never be afraid to ask when you do not understand*
------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
My cloche setups are like this: The cloches output onto conveyor belts and the output is transported to dropping conveyor belts placed on drawers ...

Thanks! I forgot all about ender IO conduits... been so long since I used them.

I sincerely appreciate the tips, I'll neaten up my environment and post pics :)

Ok, finally got that compacting drawer built. And yes, void upgrades do work with it, for the hemp production, I used a 2 x 1 drawer with a void upgrade, which works nicely.

How does this look so far? I'm very much appreciating the tips, this is my first foray into 'Big Power' with IE. My build is very much inspired by leldra's screenies.

Going for a semi-retro look, i'll be adding in some factory blocks (if I can build them) as ther's some fans and yellow markings that might be nice.

2017-11-20_21.22.23.png

Above, I tidied up the conveyers into a single drawer for hemp fibre/seed. Under the floor to the left is my first batch of item conduits (I can't believe I had forgotten about them), leading over to the squeezer. Over to the right are the three coches with melons (spent ages but finally found some) going into the compacting drawer, with conduits sending melon slices into the fermenter.

2017-11-20_22.21.02.png

Here's the refinery setup, a bit easier to see from above the storage drawers. The fermenter is to the left, the squeezer is to the right, I hadn't noticed until now that IE's graphics had changed so much, I like the animated multi-block machines, they look very 'industrial'!

To the back, is the fuel refinery, which takes in both fluids and sends the biodiesel up to the platform above, where two diesel generators are producing power.

2017-11-20_22.21.22.png

And here they are, you can see them at the back corner of the room.

Exactly as leldra stated, the melon slices are keeping all inventory slots on the squeezer filled with melon slices, so it's able to keep up supply. This was my big problem in my previous foray into IE power generation in I.E, traditional farms I built were never able to keep the fermenter supplied, it really does need to be going flat out, and with all slots at 64 melon slices, it's able to keep the refinery going.

Here's a shot of the refinery.

2017-11-20_22.38.39.png

Not moving at all, completely stable. Can confirm that this design keeps both the fermenter and the squeezer completely filled with raw materials.

I will read up on the generators, make sure that those MV connectors actually allow all the power to be transmitted, I might need to go to HV connectors.

Next... I think it's time to maybe... set up some spawning rooms? Maybe some Mushroom cloches for that fluid the killer Joe uses :)

-Wuffle!

P.S...

Thinking of building the grinder from IE... I wonder if that can be also put to dual use as a mob grinder? If I somehow build a powered spawner and have it spawn Endermen who fall into the grinder... will they drop ender pearls?? That way I can have the grinder in a pit, and just drop ores / mobs and things into it to meet their grisly fate....

Last edited:

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
So what are people up to in AOE now? Or have people finished it?

I'm kind of wondering what to get stuck into next...

Bees? Trees? EnderMan Farm for EnderPearls? Void mining?

I am keen on more resources, so I think i'll see if I can scrounge up the materials for a tier 1 void miner.

-Wuffle!

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015

I am keen on more resources, so I think i'll see if I can scrounge up the materials for a tier 1 void miner.

-Wuffle!
If you can get a void ore miner that would be a good idea - you can just let it tick away - but upgrade it to tier 2 as soon as you can, as I believe that the cost per ore decreases fairly dramatically. Tier 2 is pretty expensive - you'll need vibrant alloy and a fair few diamonds, so if you get your tier 1 one built and stick a cyan lens in (I'm pretty sure its cyan that improves chances of diamond) that will help with that.

You CAN use the IE crusher as a mob grinder, I don't think it destroys the drops, but I'd give it a test and see. It probably won't keep endermen from teleporting. As an alternative, if you use a Killer Joe (from EnderIO) and give it The Ender sword, I think that stops them teleporting away once stricken by the blade, so that could be an idea. Obviously you've got to get the endermen in range of the Killer Joe, I'm not sure what its range is but I think there's a button on the GUI which allows you to show/hide it.

I love the look of your factory by the way Wuffle, its awesome! :D

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Far from finished, though I'm close to advancing to age 14, which I want to do before I rebuild my base as a space station. All that's left to make is the tungstensteel.

ATM, I'm fighting with an intractable problem: automating the production of quantum-entangeld singularities is easy, but integrating with AE2 results in a problem: I can craft them on demand as usual, *and* the so crafted singularities can be used by AE2 in the recipes that need them, but AE2 does not recognize that they have been crafted since as opposed to the items that go *into* a recipe, AE2 can't be set to ignore NBT on items that are autocrafted by it.

The result is that I can't make autocrafting chains that have QESs somewhere in the middle. I can make them, and I can have them used, but only in different autocrafting processes, and I have to cancel each autocrafting job that makes them manually. Very annoying. If someone has a solution for this I'd like to hear it.

Also, making singularities (the non-QE precursor of the above) has been too slow, even with my 20 matter condensers. Fortunately, there is a much faster way which annoyingly, I didn't think of on my own. Well, at least my way of making QE singularities is refreshingly simple.

-Wuffle!
Void miners are good, but I recommend advancing to age 6 and making an RFTools builder quarry first. That's ultra-fast and will take care of most metal and gem resource shortages. Also, you'll get the diamonds and the huge amount of gold you'll need for tier 2 void miners. Just don't be afraid to mine large areas, and use storage filters to exclude stone, dirt and other stuff you don't need. That will drastically reduce power requirement, as opposed to the built-in voiding function that voids superfluous stuff after it has been mined (and the power to mine it has been spent).

Also, I found being able to fly is a very high priority, so you might consider going to the End and collecting an Elytra - you'll need End stuff to advance to age 6 anyway. After that, you can collect some blaze spawners from the Nether for the spawner shards they drop (and the spawner itself of course), create an AA spawner changer and make a resturbed Enderman spawner for an Ender Pearl farm.

As for bees, you'll need to get into bee breeding, and that's best done early. Bees are...contentious. Bee production and procreation logistics are not hard, and automatable, but bee breeding is a lot of manual work spread over several biomes with low chances of success for any single step, *and* long waiting times in-between, and I find that very annoying. I say we play this to be enjoyable, and if it isn't, don't be too proud to cheat. Having said that, IMO everyone should breed bees up to Industrious/Imperial without any help from mods like Gendustry (which isn't in the pack) at least once, just to experience what incredibly frustrating and boring chore they'll be avoiding by cheating - or installing some mod that makes the process less frustrating.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks leldra :)

Before reading your post I embarked on making all the bits for void miners, when I realized that I needed vast amounts of triple compressed cobblestone I also realized (with some dismay) that my trust void charm had been happily zapping all my mined cobblestone into oblivion...

I decided to automate this, so I made a cobble machine that I found in the pack, and made a Tier 5 cobble generator.

Then... I made three powered crafters, at diamond tier, each machine the next tier of cobblestone, ending up in a chest.

It's probably going to take a good day or so to slowly make all the Tripple Compressed Cobble Stone I will eventually need.

In regard to your crafting issue... maybe.. could you have a auto crafter set up that has something piping those items into it? Then use a crafting recipie (I can't remember which one, but it's the one you use to make the crafting patterns for machines where it's not a shaped crafting recipie), and point that to the auto crafter machine sans the item that doesn't cooperate?

That way you can maybe have your AE2 environment just keep putting those item into the crafter (or use an inventory monitor to always keep a set number in it) and then pipe in the rest of the recipie?

Not sure if I'm making much sense but I did things like that with AE2 back in 1.7 for those recipies that used IC2 energy crystals.

I'll start bees and then head off to the end, will look at getting into Age 6 tomorrow night :)

2017-11-22_21.44.33.png

Here's the cobble generator and crafters, slowly making those Triple stacked CobbleStone....

2017-11-22_21.55.39.png

Going to take a while....

-Wuffle!

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Thanks leldra :)
In regard to your crafting issue... maybe.. could you have a auto crafter set up that has something piping those items into it? Then use a crafting recipie (I can't remember which one, but it's the one you use to make the crafting patterns for machines where it's not a shaped crafting recipie), and point that to the auto crafter machine sans the item that doesn't cooperate?

That way you can maybe have your AE2 environment just keep putting those item into the crafter (or use an inventory monitor to always keep a set number in it) and then pipe in the rest of the recipie?
-Wuffle!
The thing is, I can make a setup that holds a specific amount of QESs in stock, but it can't be controlled by an AE2 autocrafting job (for instance no "interface with a crafting card" setup), since then the problem kicks in: the crafting jobs are never marked as finished and will occupy my crafting CPUs until I manually cancel them, in spite of all the items having been correctly made.

Which means I need to re-create some of the item logistics otherwise so neatly provided by AE2 by other means. For instance, have an interface always export a number of Ender Pearl Dust, Singularities and TinyTNT, let a level emitter read the number of QESs in stock and emit a redstone signal once the number is lower than 16, then make a SuperCircuitMaker circuit that transforms that redstone signal into a pulse. On the pulse, one conduit with an item speed downgrade pulls TinyTNT into a phantom placer and two other non-upgraded conduits 4 Singularities and 4 Ender Pearl Dust into a precision dropper. The placer places the TinyTNT which is immediately triggered by a constant redstone signal, and while it preps for the explosion the other stuff gets dropped.

Yeah, that might work. Thanks for thinking about it. Now let's see if I can fit this into the existing space.

BTW, did I say I dislike Tech Reborn? Too much stuff identical to IC that's not ore-dicted. Too many ultra-slow nachines, some of them even multiblocks. I just automated the crafting of TR Fusion Coils with the exception of one component: nichrome coils - I'd need RFTools Control to automate the TR rolling machine (which *of course* can't do the same stuff as the Advanced Rocketry Rolling machine), and that's not worth it for the one stack of nichrome coils you'll need since the recipe is very simple. I think you'll need 34 fusion coils eventually - 10 for Draconic Evolution fusion crafting and 24 for the TR fusion reactor you'll need to run to make heliumplasma cells, a component for....I think it was the Dimension Builder.

Also, I have started filling the last of my 32 ME interfaces connected to molecular assemblers. Standard autocrafting recipe #280 (machine processing recipes not included). I wonder if this will be the first pack where I'll need a second autocrafting complex. In addition, I really miss Extra Cells and the ME Block Container. A wall of drawers doesn't look futuristic enough for my taste and takes up a lot of space, and storing 524288 items of the same type in AE2 cells is considerably more expensive without the Block Container. Well, at least voiding excess is easier with drawers.

Edit:
I looked at your compressed cobble producers. Did you not place your autocrafters directly on top of the cobblestone generators? With tier 5 cobble generators the stuff you need should be produced in no time at all in just one crafter. I'd give you a screenshot but I dismantled mine.

Last edited:

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is, I can make a setup that holds a specific amount of QESs in stock, but it can't be controlled by an AE2 autocrafting job (for instance no "interface with a crafting card" setup), since then the problem kicks in: the crafting jobs are never marked as finished and will occupy my crafting CPUs until I manually cancel them, in spite of all the items having been correctly made.

Thankyou for your kind comments and helpful advice, Let me know how it goes, sometimes I had to step some things out of my AE2 network when I last played through a pack, I hope my vague ramblings were of some assistance.

I moved the cobble generator to being on top of the first auto-crafter (the tooltip for the cobble generator actually says it will direct output to it's underside).

Have boosted production substantially, I'm about to make 64 x Basalt Machine Base blocks, already made the laser focuser and other laser bits.

You know, one of the things I'm consistently running short of? Wood.. of all things!

I really should get a timber farm going with Forestry.

I'm going to need to do something about my IC2 power generation soon... this is just being mean to my poor old MFE's....128 EU/t just aint gonna cut it if I keep doing this....

2017-11-22_23.36.54.png

-Wuffle!

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015

Which means I need to re-create some of the item logistics otherwise so neatly provided by AE2 by other means. For instance, have an interface always export a number of Ender Pearl Dust, Singularities and TinyTNT, let a level emitter read the number of QESs in stock and emit a redstone signal once the number is lower than 16, then make a SuperCircuitMaker circuit that transforms that redstone signal into a pulse. On the pulse, one conduit with an item speed downgrade pulls TinyTNT into a phantom placer and two other non-upgraded conduits 4 Singularities and 4 Ender Pearl Dust into a precision dropper. The placer places the TinyTNT which is immediately triggered by a constant redstone signal, and while it preps for the explosion the other stuff gets dropped.

Yeah, that might work. Thanks for thinking about it. Now let's see if I can fit this into the existing space.

BTW, did I say I dislike Tech Reborn? Too much stuff identical to IC that's not ore-dicted. Too many ultra-slow nachines, some of them even multiblocks. I just automated the crafting of TR Fusion Coils with the exception of one component: nichrome coils - I'd need RFTools Control to automate the TR rolling machine (which *of course* can't do the same stuff as the Advanced Rocketry Rolling machine), and that's not worth it for the one stack of nichrome coils you'll need since the recipe is very simple. I think you'll need 34 fusion coils eventually - 10 for Draconic Evolution fusion crafting and 24 for the TR fusion reactor you'll need to run to make heliumplasma cells, a component for....I think it was the Dimension Builder.

Also, I have started filling the last of my 32 ME interfaces connected to molecular assemblers. Standard autocrafting recipe #280 (machine processing recipes not included). I wonder if this will be the first pack where I'll need a second autocrafting complex. In addition, I really miss Extra Cells and the ME Block Container. A wall of drawers doesn't look futuristic enough for my taste and takes up a lot of space, and storing 524288 items of the same type in AE2 cells is considerably more expensive without the Block Container. Well, at least voiding excess is easier with drawers.

Edit:
I looked at your compressed cobble producers. Did you not place your autocrafters directly on top of the cobblestone generators? With tier 5 cobble generators the stuff you need should be produced in no time at all in just one crafter. I'd give you a screenshot but I dismantled mine.
I think your suggested idea for the QES should work. Unfortunately you're right, there doesn't seem to be a simple way to just get them to autocraft on demand; keeping a certain amount in stock, and getting them to be crafted entirely separately from the AE2 system with the exception of a level emitter and import bus, seems to be the best workaround.

What solution did you find for the singularities? Did you go with the one DW20 went for?

Thankyou for your kind comments and helpful advice, Let me know how it goes, sometimes I had to step some things out of my AE2 network when I last played through a pack, I hope my vague ramblings were of some assistance.

I moved the cobble generator to being on top of the first auto-crafter (the tooltip for the cobble generator actually says it will direct output to it's underside).

Have boosted production substantially, I'm about to make 64 x Basalt Machine Base blocks, already made the laser focuser and other laser bits.

You know, one of the things I'm consistently running short of? Wood.. of all things!

I really should get a timber farm going with Forestry.

-Wuffle!
Wood is a useful thing to have, as are saplings - especially if you're going to go with something like forestry biofuel. I believe the EnderIO farming station is a good alternate option for a tree farm; I'm not sure how it compares resource wise to the Forestry one, but I suspect its quite favourable.

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm afraid that I've never done much with singularities before in AE2... or if I have, I've forgotten about them.

Ender IO farming stations are very handy, for some reason weeks ago I made a paper mattock with 5 levels of reinforcement on it, so I've got a ready
made tool for putting into it.

I really need to get an EnderMan death chamber set up soon for Ender Pearls, something tells me i'm going to be using a lot of them soon.

onto another topic...
Found a temple in the desert... came across these weird upgrade things for EnderIO...

Plugged one into my Alloy Smelter... oh my!

2017-11-22_23.51.26.png

We're talking about just over 4 seconds to smelt electrical steel... not bad!

I'm not watching ahead too far in DW20's AOE series, dont' want to spoil things, I know he's blown up his base like he usually does at the end of his videos and is on his new
mod pack.

Well, after a bit of effort, Wuffles void miner is built, with clear line of site to the bedrock...

I plugged in a HV cable connected to both of my diesel generators, within moments it hit 1M RF in power...
Magnificent machine....

2017-11-23_01.19.26.png

Sitting there, looking awesome... not doing much.

I'm sure there's an 'ON' switch somewhere.. I put a lever on it but that made no difference. Hmmmm.. i'll need to read up on this.

Being a multiblock, assuming the ore can be piped out somehow?

(EDIT) EnderIO conduits suffice for now, but will use conveyer belts to then bring the ore underground into the basement for processing, in keeping with the IE theme :)

Now.. to build the ore grinder :)

-Wuffle!

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to automate this, so I made a cobble machine that I found in the pack, and made a Tier 5 cobble generator.

Then... I made three powered crafters, at diamond tier, each machine the next tier of cobblestone, ending up in a chest.

Just in case you want/need to use those crafters elsewhere, there is a pretty simple method for getting compressed cobble using compacting drawers (and a couple of enderio conduits).

Putting cobble from the generator into the first compacting drawer gets you compressed and double compressed, extracting double and putting that into a second compacting drawer gets you triple and quadruple etc. No power needed either.

EDIT: upgrading the conduits can make it go pretty fast too.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
You know, one of the things I'm consistently running short of? Wood.. of all things!..
You know why I use jungle wood? A tree grown from four jungle saplings is big enough for more than a stack of wood. I never felt the need for an automated farm, I just have one tree that I occasionally cut down and re-plant. You can also use firs, they generate almost as much wood and more saplings - with jungle trees you occasionally get less than 4 saplings back, although on average it's more than enough.

This will only be economical with a lumber axe from TiCo.

As for Ender Pearls, I ran into the following message about Ender Pearls yesterday:

"Required: 1192; missing: 71"

This was when I attempted to craft the 10 TR fusion coils you need for the fusion pedestals of Draconic Evolution. Granted, there was an alternative to these Ender pearls, but 968 emeralds is hardly a better proposition. Ender Pearls take less time to replace so I went with that option.

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
What solution did you find for the singularities? Did you go with the one DW20 went for?
I'll be using the solution DW20 developed in his AOE series - with an improvement in dealing with the excess bits I'll still have to test. I had actually thought of using Chisel&Bit bits for this before, but couldn't think of a way to pipe them into the condenser fast enough to matter. I hadn't thought of translocators since I never had a good use for them before.

Regarding DW20's LP videos, I'm curious if he'll use his old design for automated Wither killing. I always found it too complicated. I recall he once said phantom placers didn't work for this, but they do. No need to waste additional space with the DE gate.

*goes off to swith off the Wither Skeleton spawner. 1550 skulls should be enough for now*

Wood is a useful thing to have, as are saplings - especially if you're going to go with something like forestry biofuel. I believe the EnderIO farming station is a good alternate option for a tree farm; I'm not sure how it compares resource wise to the Forestry one, but I suspect its quite favourable.
EnderIO tree farms are cheap in resource investment (except for the two diamonds), but their power requirement is high in comparison. Forestry farms are more resource-intensive to make and time-consuming to set up, but are cheap to run, power-wise. Both have ongoing material costs (tools for EnderIO and fertilizer and soil for Forestry), but you can get around EnderIO's if your pack also has TiCo and you can make unbreakable paper tools :D

Last edited:

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Well, here's the basic ore operation going.

2017-11-23_02.12.42.png 2017-11-23_02.12.49.png

Using conveyer belt (Covered) to come in and drop things right into the grinding machine.

Outside from above, the void miner is using more conveyers to move things underground.

2017-11-23_02.33.36.png

I'll make this an out building of some sort and attach it to the main building.

The conveyer belts took a bit of smacking with the hammer to have them descend but eventually I got them organised.

All very industrial :)

-Wuffle!

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Hehe....it appears I have improved on DW20's singularity production design. He has excess bits in a wrong place in his system that he routes into a trashcan with conduits. The solution to not producing any excess bits is to use enough buckets that there is always a bucket in every slot, so that at any time a water-filled bucket is emptied, it immediately gets replaced by a filled one from the tank below. Here is a screenshot. The production facility consists of the EnderIO fluid tank, set to push/pull to the Mechanical User above it, that Mechanical User set to "Activate Block with Item"/Right-Click/Random Slot, the Chiseled Fluid Bit Tank, the ME storage bus, the ME interface, the translocators connecting the interface with the condenser, the condenser itself and the conduits pulling the singularities into the interface to be stored in the ME system. The tank is fed from the reservoir I made for my carpenters. Uh...I guess I must now make a drawer for the singularities. This production line creates one singularity every 3.5 minutes.

Note that the creosote oil tank is not part of the production line.

601_Singularities.jpg

And...I had to make a change to the setup since it appears conduits can't pull stuff out of an ME condenser, but translocators can. So this is how it looks now:

601_Singularities2.jpg

Also, my plans with created entangled singularities didn't work out since a redstone pulse is not enough to trigger conduits. I'll have to think about something else. Grrr.

Last edited:

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
This evening... I went and made the big one..

2017-11-23_18.08.59.png 2017-11-23_18.09.09.png

Tadaaa! That's right, Wuffle's gett'n serious about melting things...

I know, there's probably better things to make but this machine is .. big, has lots of 'stuff' going on and frankly I think it's pretty cool to look at :)

So I decided to fill it with piles of grit and see what happened... oh my.

2017-11-23_18.08.47.png

This thing is an absolute monster, even two diesel generators can just keep up if all the input slots are filled with items to process. But my goodness, the speed with which this thing can spit out ingots and alloys is just incredible.

Only worry I have though, I can't figure out how to make steel with it... I hope I don't need to build another improved blast furnace just to make steel.

Figured it out, coking coal goes into the IE Crusher machine, then into the 'alloy' box of the Arc Furnace :)

So now, my basement, filled to the brim with Immersive Engineering is happily growing, squeezing, fermenting, processing, crunching and smelting all by itself. Thanks leldra and the others with all your tips and advice!!

Storage... storage is now something I absolutely need to get ontop of, even a Tier #1 void miner has rapidly filled two medium crates so far with things.

With a tree farm to be build, a cobble generator, piles of resources.. I suspect it's time to build a LOT of compacting drawers and a new basement storage area for it.

This is insane though... 24 hours of the void miner ... :)

2017-11-23_18.32.16.png

So many Diamonds and Emeralds!

I have another question.. I remember from a while ago now (was it an expert mode pack in 1.7?) that in Immersive enginnering, there was this very, very large multiblock structure for turning coal into coke coal, I remember having to set up conveyers, and item routers to be able to feed in all of the coal, it could process quite a lot of coal at once. But I don't see it on the website.

I just see this https://ftb.gamepedia.com/Coke_Oven_(Immersive_Engineering)

I cannot remember what It was called. Will check to see if I can find a post I made of it.

-=Wuffle=- !

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I have another question.. I remember from a while ago now (was it an expert mode pack in 1.7?) that in Immersive enginnering, there was this very, very large multiblock structure for turning coal into coke coal, I remember having to set up conveyers, and item routers to be able to feed in all of the coal, it could process quite a lot of coal at once. But I don't see it on the website.

I just see this https://ftb.gamepedia.com/Coke_Oven_(Immersive_Engineering)
The bigger coke oven you're referring to was the Industrial Coke Oven from Immersive Integration, an IE addon.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
The bigger coke oven you're referring to was the Industrial Coke Oven from Immersive Integration, an IE addon.

Ahhh, Thanks, I had no idea it was an addon to IE, shame really it's not in this pack / version. It was a lot of fun, I've automated coke coal production as much as possible, but it is an extremely slow process. I am short on ender pearls, so I think i'll focus on EnderIO a bit more and get some mob spawning / killing going on, build up ender pearls and so forth, then head off to the end, where i'll need to obtain things for moving onto the next age.

-=Wuffle=- !