[1.10.2] Age of Engineering

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Hmm....how do I get to Saturn's Moons? I warped to Saturn but its moons couldn't be selected as a destination, neither with a rocket nor with the warp drive. They appear in the selection window, you can click on them but after you hit "select", the destination stays "Saturn", which of course is unreachable since it's a gas giant.

Edit:
Never mind, it was an interface problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: WuffleFluffy

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Build lots of Cloches leldra said...

'Sounds like a good Idea', said Wuffle... hoisting his trusty pick axe and hammer as he headed off to the mining dimension.... :)

(Many, Minecraftia days later)

Oh my Goodness.. now that's what I call a rabbit hole, FINALLY made all these cloches for growing the stuff to fuel my bio-disel, in the previous pack I played IE in, I never used cloches.. I was trying to use MFR and farmland to keep up. I read that cloches are pretty damned awesome :)

Felt good finally being able to make 11 of these rather expensive machines.

2017-11-18_21.55.08.png

Bear in mind, not done yet, that's just the farmer machines, now need to turn these into cloches :)

I have about 1200 iron on me at the moment and a couple hundred steel, hope it's enough :)
to make all those blocks for the:

> Fermenter
> Squeezer
> Oil Making thing
> Diesel generator

Will be fun!!

-Wuffle!

C

Closet Gamer

Build lots of Cloches leldra said...

'Sounds like a good Idea', said Wuffle... hoisting his trusty pick axe and hammer as he headed off to the mining dimension.... :)

(Many, Minecraftia days later)

Oh my Goodness.. now that's what I call a rabbit hole, FINALLY made all these cloches for growing the stuff to fuel my bio-disel, in the previous pack I played IE in, I never used cloches.. I was trying to use MFR and farmland to keep up. I read that cloches are pretty damned awesome :)

Felt good finally being able to make 11 of these rather expensive machines.

View attachment 35123

Bear in mind, not done yet, that's just the farmer machines, now need to turn these into cloches :)

I have about 1200 iron on me at the moment and a couple hundred steel, hope it's enough :)
to make all those blocks for the:

> Fermenter
> Squeezer
> Oil Making thing
> Diesel generator

Will be fun!!

-Wuffle!
Make sure you make a set of ear defenders, those biodiesel generators are noisy as heck!

------------------------
*Never be afraid to ask when you do not understand*
------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
C

Closet Gamer

As a point on this: I believe you can combine the Ear Defenders with the EnderIO dark helmet, which is handy.
No way! I had been switching them every time I went near my generator. Man, we need to team up, it would be great (for me at least, for you it may be like care in the community)

------------------------
------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Heh....age 11 lasted about a week, age 12....about an hour. Build the three Mekanism machines you need to make refined obsidian ingots...poof. I must say Mekanism has an unfortunate place in the pack. I would've loved having many of the Mekanism machines for what they can do back in age 5, but as of now most of them are surplus to requirements. I'll upgrade my powergen to be based on acetylene and automate the machines I have, then I'll move on. Space travel was fun btw.. Maybe I'll build a space base, though atm I'm lacking motivation, since the next step involves things I don't want to do (Tech Reborn) and things I don't need (Extreme reactors).

BTW, does anyone know if the central block of the draconic energy core retains the core' stored power if you dismantle it and break the block? If I'm going to do Extreme Reactors, I'll need that thing because otherwise I don't know what to do with all that power, but I'm not yet at my base's final location.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Heh....age 11 lasted about a week, age 12....about an hour. Build the three Mekanism machines you need to make refined obsidian ingots...poof. I must say Mekanism has an unfortunate place in the pack. I would've loved having many of the Mekanism machines for what they can do back in age 5, but as of now most of them are surplus to requirements. I'll upgrade my powergen to be based on acetylene and automate the machines I have, then I'll move on. Space travel was fun btw.. Maybe I'll build a space base, though atm I'm lacking motivation, since the next step involves things I don't want to do (Tech Reborn) and things I don't need (Extreme reactors).

BTW, does anyone know if the central block of the draconic energy core retains the core' stored power if you dismantle it and break the block? If I'm going to do Extreme Reactors, I'll need that thing because otherwise I don't know what to do with all that power, but I'm not yet at my base's final location.
Now, I'm quite surprised to hear you say that! What ore processing do you have? I'm impressed that it's better than what Mekanism has to offer - the enrichment factory and smelting factory are BEASTS when upgraded to Ultimate tier (9 slots?) and with full speed and energy upgrades! Plus I think they can deal with certain ores that only the IE stuff or similar tier can, can't they? Things that need the crusher.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Now, I'm quite surprised to hear you say that! What ore processing do you have? I'm impressed that it's better than what Mekanism has to offer - the enrichment factory and smelting factory are BEASTS when upgraded to Ultimate tier (9 slots?) and with full speed and energy upgrades! Plus I think they can deal with certain ores that only the IE stuff or similar tier can, can't they? Things that need the crusher.
I have a well-functioning ore processing system based on IE (I have a crusher) and EnderIO, and ore processing speed was never more than a minor concern for me. Alloying speed, yeah, for that I would still build major infrastructure, but Mekanism doesn't do any alloys but its own, and it can't make chrome or titanium, nor can it process draconium ore nearly as well as a setup with a mechanical user with a Fortune'd pick, so I'd still need almost all the machines I already have. Sure, it would be convenient, but I don't feel its worth it given I have a well-functioning system, especially if I'd need to upgrade YET ANOTHER power system to the point where it can support nine-slot factories. If at least Mekanism could *export* RF power, but not even that is allowed. Mekanism, I feel, is a self-contained system that doesn't connect very well with the rest of the pack. So far, anyway. Note that I really like this mod and have played with it extensively in 1.7.10 modpacks. I'm disappointed by its place in this pack, that's all.

G

Grasenrack

I appear to have broken the trophies/achievements and am uncertain how to get back on track. Short version: I built the Atomic Calculator when I was still in Age 5. When I made it up to Age 7 and was ready to advance I broke my Atomic Calculator and picked it back up... sadly this did not trigger the achievement or trophy. Thinking maybe it was based upon me crafting it I decided I could burn some of my still precious Iridium to craft a second one to get back on track. Frustratingly this also did not work. I crafted it in an RFtools tablet in case that breaks it. I figured I should at least ask before wasting more resources on things that don't work.

Any thoughts?

Really liking the pack. The glider/staff of travel and RFtools storage system/tablet have never felt so rewarding.

EDIT: Found my answer on the Discord. For people who don't know the crafting triggers you can place it in crafting grid by itself and it will craft into the same item, worked for me and put me back on track. I believe there was also talk about removing an achievement in case of a more complex issue but that wasn't needed for me.

Again thanks all.

Last edited:

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick question ...

I am trying to find the way to build the industrial squeezer and fermenter from IE... yet I can't locate the blocks needed to make them in JEI?

I have made all of the light engineering blocks, but cannot for the life of me figure out why the squeezer block and fermenter blocks aren't craftable...

Am I doing something wrong?

-Wuffle!

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
squeezer block and fermenter blocks

Maybe I've misunderstood your question, but there aren't specific blocks called squeezer blocks and fermenter blocks.

The squeezer requires 6 Steel Scaffoldings, 4 Wooden Barrels, 3 Steel Fences, 2 Fluid Pipes, 2 Light Engineering Blocks, 1 Redstone Engineering Block and 1 Piston (wiki entry).

The fermenter requires 6 Steel Scaffoldings, 4 Cauldrons, 4 Iron Sheetmetals, 2 Fluid Pipes, 2 Light Engineering Blocks and 1 Redstone Engineering Block (wiki entry).

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I've misunderstood your question, but there aren't specific blocks called squeezer blocks and fermenter blocks.

The squeezer requires 6 Steel Scaffoldings, 4 Wooden Barrels, 3 Steel Fences, 2 Fluid Pipes, 2 Light Engineering Blocks, 1 Redstone Engineering Block and 1 Piston (wiki entry).

The fermenter requires 6 Steel Scaffoldings, 4 Cauldrons, 4 Iron Sheetmetals, 2 Fluid Pipes, 2 Light Engineering Blocks and 1 Redstone Engineering Block (wiki entry).

Thanks! :)

I just realized I was looking at pre 1.8 recipies, the link I got before wasnt' working for me (404 error).

I hope those light engineering blocks come in handy somewhere lol.

-Wuffle!

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I Finally got the power plant phase #1 built.

Following the advice kindly provided here, I have built the diesel power plant.
At the moment I am working to tune the fuel production, I need four or so cloches to provide enough
potato's for the fermenter.

The rest are on the Squeezer with hemp seeds.

So far this setup is easily coping with one diesel generator.

Still making steel, I'll need to move to a blast furnace soon.

I am also going to redo the conveyors and maybe use some item routers to tidy up the movement
of items.

But.. plenty of power now! When enough steel is made, second generator goes in, then a neaten up and
tidy up of the cloches.

2017-11-19_20.58.18.png 2017-11-19_21.30.31.png 2017-11-19_21.30.59.png 2017-11-19_21.30.38.png

Any advice appreciated :)

2017-11-19_21.30.38.png 2017-11-19_21.30.59.png

-Wuffle

Attachments

• 2017-11-19_23.09.48.png
    2017-11-19_23.09.48.png
    878.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 2017-11-19_23.09.50.png
    2017-11-19_23.09.50.png
    1,021.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Any advice appreciated :)
-Wuffle
Looks nice :) This is getting a nice retro-industrial appearance. What are those red energy cables on the cloches? I don't think I know these.

As for advice, my setup works with three cloches for the fermenter only because I use melons. They're about 2-3 times more effective than most other stuff, because the cloche grows whole melons which I can turn into 9 slices each with a compacting drawer. If you use potatoes, most likely four cloches won't be enough to make the resources for two Diesel generators if they run constantly.

C

Closet Gamer

Looks nice :) This is getting a nice retro-industrial appearance. What are those red energy cables on the cloches? I don't think I know these.

As for advice, my setup works with three cloches for the fermenter only because I use melons. They're about 2-3 times more effective than most other stuff, because the cloche grows whole melons which I can turn into 9 slices each with a compacting drawer. If you use potatoes, most likely four cloches won't be enough to make the resources for two Diesel generators if they run constantly.
Agree with this, I wasn't sure about potatoes as I hadn't checked the recipe but melons into a compressing drawer works well for Ethanol - 3 cloches growing melons and 4 growing industrial hemp should be plenty

------------------------
------------------------

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Agree with this, I wasn't sure about potatoes as I hadn't checked the recipe but melons into a compressing drawer works well for Ethanol - 3 cloches growing melons and 4 growing industrial hemp should be plenty

------------------------
------------------------
Four cloches with hemp is definitely not enough for two Diesel generators. You might get away with seven, but even six is not enough if the generators are running constantly.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I'm having trouble crafting the RF power tap for Extreme Reactors. You need several power storage devices from other mods for it - IE HV capacitor, MFSU, Mekanism powercell and EnderIO Vibrant capacitor bank. I first thought the problem lies with having capacitors with RF in them, but I cheated empty ones in for testing and they don't work either. When I try to make an AE2 crafting pattern the power tap actually appears in the result box, but I can't make the pattern - hitting the arrow does nothing. Crafting it in the crafting terminal doesn't show the power tap in the output box even though I have everything set correctly, even took the crafting recipe over from JEI and everything was set up correctly without need for manual change. Very weird. Does anyone know a solution?

Also, it appears I can't breed a Miry bee. My bee breeding has so far worked very well if I used mutating frames, but this one just doesn't want to appear even after about 10 attempts. The chance should be 15% times 9 (x3 from each mutating frame), so it should be certain that a mutating occurs, but it doesn't, and I'm trying both in the swamp with a Marshy princess and a Noble drone and in plains with a Noble princess and a Marshy drone. I'm really tempted to install Gendustry...

Last edited:

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks for the tip, I was trying to work out a neat way of auto breaking the melons, a compacting drawer will do nicely, what did you use to extract these from the drawer? I'm thinking of a item puller going into a dropper or something like that.

The cables are from solar core I think, made with 6 glass and 3 restonia crystals, I had a few lying around, going into an LV capacitor bank that's up against a wall, just reduces the amount of wires, though they look a little out of place, might replace with wires.

At the moment I've taken some of the cloches offline due to the massive output of items, as you have said before I found that potato's need about 4 or 5 to keep up with the fermenter. I'm going to build the second generator tonight and switch to melons.

Now I need some way of storing MASSIVE amounts of RF, enderIO capacitors, or build an out-building filled with HV-Capacitors from Immersive Engineering?

I might retire my simple smooth-stone factory and investigate other sources of resource generation now, and automating things like EnderIO capacitors, that will free up a huge amount of floor space.

-Wuffle!