[1.1.0][JamPacked (the first one and the best one)] Hardcore Testing Mode: Golem Factory

The Paper Pilot

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really enjoying the map!
I have a balance question: Would it be possible to add more instantly repeatable turn-in quests?
The way its setup, the fastest way to get QS is to automate making as much iron as possible. Even though its inefficient (relatively), you don't benefit from mass producing a quest that you can only turn in 1/hour or similar.
Even automating every different item doesn't look like an all too consistent stream of QS.
Just my 2 cents, I'm still greatly enjoying it! (that sulfur was hard to get though >.>)

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
heheheh, sulfur.

More instantly repeatable quests is a good suggestion, I have also considered that, but there's the arguement of getting a diverse set of quests completed. However, People have been mentioning it, so I reckon I could, but which quests would be a good candidate for that? will an existing quest suffice, or should I make a few new ones?

Vectorforce

Jul 29, 2019
Nice pack, the concept is interesting and has a lot of potential. Though it seems to still have some problems.
  • Whenever I exit and open the map the gate system resets and I cant access the machines I bought.
  • The cool down for the quest doesn't seem to work, every time I open my quest book the time changes to a random number, sometimes it goes from 2 hours left to 3 days or so.(This happened with the first 2 iron quests with cool down, not sure about the rest.
  • I cant seem to find a Quest book, I had to cheat in one to do the quest.
So far this pack looks promising and unique, but with several bugs that could affect the gameplay.(Understandable, the pack is in early development stages)
Keep up the good work! You are doing a great job Panda and I hope to see this pack getting the attention it deserves.

Reactions: Pyure

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Hey, good to hear from you.
1. I have no idea about that, except I think I may have messed up the configs somewhere. I'll be shoving another update in about 10 minutes or so.
2. I've heard of that, apparently they will reset properly, but HQM is bugged it seems. Probably best to keep trying new quests/instant repeat quests until it does eventually reset or you can move on.
3. New build in 10, you'll get it soon.

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
You could totally do something like this except with Pam's HarvestCraft and have it as like a restaurant.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Is there a way for the repeatable quests reset instead of continually just counting down??
They should reset, it's kind of the point of repeatable quests. However, as mentioned several times over, it should reset as per normal? It's a bug with HQM, there's not much I can do about that I'm afraid.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Well, if anyone is feeling rather ambitious with their modding skills, can you try HQM 4.0.6 and see if that fixes the problem? I've been using 4.0.5 since that's what we've been given at the start, but if the newer version fixes it, I'll be sure to add that.

If it doesn't fix, then I suppose I'll put the quests on interval repeat, so they repeat daily. So then, can you do this for me?

Sparklepire

Jul 29, 2019
I just have to drag and drop it into the mods folder yeah?

So, I replaced 4.0.6 version with the 4.0.5 one and it seems to be working as intended now xD

Okay, so a few hours later and the quests and gone back to the way they were as in not properly resetting.

Last edited:

Rhenomaster

Jul 29, 2019
They reset properly i tested it .The numbers go crazy but the time it says it needs to reset is still true. Example: If you complete a Quest that has a 4 day Cooldown you have to wait 1 hour and 20 minutes reallifetime for it to reset.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
I just have to drag and drop it into the mods folder yeah?

So, I replaced 4.0.6 version with the 4.0.5 one and it seems to be working as intended now xD

Okay, so a few hours later and the quests and gone back to the way they were as in not properly resetting.

no, you reset 4.0.5 with 4.0.6!

They reset properly i tested it .The numbers go crazy but the time it says it needs to reset is still true. Example: If you complete a Quest that has a 4 day Cooldown you have to wait 1 hour and 20 minutes reallifetime for it to reset.

So it still resets? This is kinda confusing for me, people saying it does reset, some say it doesn't. What's happening? is it resetting once and then not resetting again?

Rhenomaster

Jul 29, 2019
i tried with 2 quest so far the cooldowns all work like for 4 days you need to wait 1:20 and for the 10 days one you wait 3:20 just the time left thats displayed does not work (for me).
(maybe people are not patient enough :$)

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
I'm not exactly sure what to think of the name of this pack :/
patent pending.

I can change the name if you want, I was mainly goofing around. I'm thinking after Jampacked I could do a 'learn a mod' pack, where the name would be more appropriate.

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
I would love a golem accessory shop for golem accessories and upgrades. I also think there should be some minigames or something for us to do during the wait. I dont want to afk.