[0.5.1] Technomancy Discussion-Ore processing like a boss

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
So I had a question/request about the Ecologic Transmuter thingie you appear to be working on. It looks like the plan is to make it go 'up to 300 blocks'. Is this variable? Or are there variants to the range? Cause if not I would make a small request that there be a smaller range available, as converting an area to magical forest with silverwoods is a royal pain and I would like to affect a somewhat smaller area than 300 blocks.

Also: I presume there is some way of turning the node dynamo off planned in the future/available now but I am too dense to find?

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
So I had a question/request about the Ecologic Transmuter thingie you appear to be working on. It looks like the plan is to make it go 'up to 300 blocks'. Is this variable? Or are there variants to the range? Cause if not I would make a small request that there be a smaller range available, as converting an area to magical forest with silverwoods is a royal pain and I would like to affect a somewhat smaller area than 300 blocks.

Also: I presume there is some way of turning the node dynamo off planned in the future/available now but I am too dense to find?
I reduced the Transmuter to a 200 block (square) area. A bit more maneagable, but considering how it calculates what block to change, it more or less targets a 100 block (square) area around the transmuter.

I totally forgot to add redstone control to the dynamos XD I'll add that.

No GUIs though. I frickin hate GUIs >.>

Random GIF
VeELpU5.gif

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Does this mod have it's own research page? I want to make sure it's compatible with TC 4.1. Thanks.
The recent build isn't 4.1 compatible but the next one will be. As of right now there is no research and there will be very little research later consisting of an opening research and a few others that will require researches like infusion to make the item, hence why they need that research.

InfiniWoff

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to test if I can. Usually, the crashes I had with TC 4.1 were because of overlapped research between it and Thaumcraft Extras. The only other crash I had was because of AdvancedThaumaturgy's wand in the inventory. As long as there's no research, I think it should work. BTW, when is the next build coming out? I'd like to know. I love all these concepts though. Nice mod.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to test if I can. Usually, the crashes I had with TC 4.1 were because of overlapped research between it and Thaumcraft Extras. The only other crash I had was because of AdvancedThaumaturgy's wand in the inventory. As long as there's no research, I think it should work. BTW, when is the next build coming out? I'd like to know. I love all these concepts though. Nice mod.
The next build will (hopefully) come soon and the current one will definitely not work with the changes in the way essentia is now transported *cough* I hate it *cough*.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Magiducts:
-Upgraded Fluiducts that can transport unlimited types of Essentia at once (basically the old pipes), plus standard TE duct features like per-side configs and wrenching.

Unoriginal? Maybe. 100x better than what we have now? Yup.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Magiducts:
-Upgraded Fluiducts that can transport unlimited types of Essentia at once (basically the old pipes), plus standard TE duct features like per-side configs and wrenching.

Unoriginal? Maybe. 100x better than what we have now? Yup.
So just make essentia a Forge Liquid?

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I'll consider it. I'd rather not add something just to replace Azanor's stuff. Its kind of like spitting in his face. Besides that, I'm not sure if he'll even keep the new system. It's very limited from a coding standpoint. The change alone has forced me to change a few things and entirely broke some other blocks such as the wrath cage from Forbidden Magic.

I'll let Azanor finalize 4.1 before I decide whether to add it or not.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
as much as I would love to make a pool of lux or a volitus filled balloon or a mystcraft age full of auram, making essentia into a forge fluid would be a bit much in my opinion.

Hmm, and now I cant get the image of golems in little hot air balloons and aviator goggles floating about my base.

Reactions: Padfoote

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
as much as I would love to make a pool of lux or a volitus filled balloon or a mystcraft age full of auram, making essentia into a forge fluid would be a bit much in my opinion.

Hmm, and now I cant get the image of golems in little hot air balloons and aviator goggles floating about my base.
Steam punk golem made of steel...

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
Flying golems would be awesome. Not only could I make flying alchemy golems that filled up 5-high stacks of jars on a wall, I could make phalanxes of flying thaumium war golems to take down withers. Cue epic music.