[0.5.1] Technomancy Discussion-Ore processing like a boss

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Flying golems would be awesome. Not only could I make flying alchemy golems that filled up 5-high stacks of jars on a wall, I could make phalanxes of flying thaumium war golems to take down withers. Cue epic music.
And now I have Ride of the Valkyries stuck in my head, which isn't all that bad actually.

Reactions: Padfoote

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
2014-02-21_19.02.25.png

Yes, that is 255, yes, it is pure, and yes, you can get it legitly.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Must. Have. Shiny thing. Is that the 'make a node out of whole cloth' machine? Also how hard is it to get that large of a node?
Yes, the sideways tables are node generators.

As far as achieving that size of a node, you're going to have to supply it with adequate amounts of aurum and taint while also supplying a grand total of 100M RF. The size of the node is determined by the combined amount of aurum and taint divided by 2. The type and modifier of the node are determined by how much aspects are in each generator. Having too much aurum or too much taint in one node generator will cause some bad side effects while also putting too much or too little total essentia can cause a nice disaster too. I haven't determined the power draw for smaller nodes yet, but they will be sigificantly less than this. The smallest node you can make with this will have a 32 vis base (with 32 of each type of essentia) and won't cost too much power, although I wouldn't recomend this as side effects will occur that you aren't going to want.

No, I will not tell you what aurum+taint combinations create what type/modifiers. You're going to have to expirement.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, the sideways tables are node generators.

As far as achieving that size of a node, you're going to have to supply it with adequate amounts of aurum and taint while also supplying a grand total of 100M RF. The size of the node is determined by the combined amount of aurum and taint divided by 2. The type and modifier of the node are determined by how much aspects are in each generator. Having too much aurum or too much taint in one node generator will cause some bad side effects while also putting too much or too little total essentia can cause a nice disaster too. I haven't determined the power draw for smaller nodes yet, but they will be sigificantly less than this. The smallest node you can make with this will have a 32 vis base (with 32 of each type of essentia) and won't cost too much power, although I wouldn't recomend this as side effects will occur that you aren't going to want.

No, I will not tell you what aurum+taint combinations create what type/modifiers. You're going to have to expirement.
@Succubism Cheat sheet? ;)

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's late and kind of obnoxious, but does it really make sense to have essentia based engine? It's quit a bit like making an engine that runs on speed- essentia is an aspect of something, rather than energy (that would be Vis). It's your mod, your hard work, and your say, but maybe it"ll make more sense to have essentia-assisted dynamos that consumes essentia to increase power and efficiency rather than the purely essentia-run one? perhaps spreading the essentia types assistance across the other dynamos (humanos type for the golem dynamo, the energy and plant types for the thaumotive dynamo, primal and cosmic types for the node dynamo...)
I feel as though essentia is the liquid counterpart of vis, somehow liquefied energy. Thus you would be transforming the liquid energy back into energy, but a different kind of energy.
EDIT: Also it would be hard to make 50+ dynamos

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Essentia is not liquid energy (that's the vis, which comes from nodes), but magical aspect, which are something like a description, affinity, or makeup. Also, what i meant is for the other dynamos to be able to consume a verity of essence to increase their speed and efficiency so that most essentia would have a use in the other three engines.

(Golem dynamos, for example, taking Cognito, fabrico, lucrum, etc for efficiency, iter, instrumenum, bestia, etc for power, the golem's own material (flesh-corpus, wood-arbor) for golem durability, humanos for all, or thaumotive dynamo taking ignis, potentia, precantatio, motus, herba, arbor, etc for power, ordo, permutatio, machina, tempus, etc for efficiency... )
Vis is not a liquid. Essentia is. That's my point. Is turning liquid into energy so far-fetched?
I mean, it's pretty common..

EDIT: Also, how would an aspect turn to liquid? It's not an aspect, it's a part of that object. Anyway, we should stop now because Thaumcraft is really, really weird

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
No, i'm very wrong, I've missed the last part of the "aspects of magic page". I'm deleting the posts.

Last edited:

Sephlington

Jul 29, 2019
Could you possibly put the crafting recipes in the OP in a spoiler? Until searching through this thread a bit ago, I was utterly clueless as to how to craft your stuff, I hadn't realised you'd posted them at all :p

Would you consider some form of magical fuel box for Railcraft's steam boilers, so we could burn essentia instead of solid or liquid fuel for steam? It feels like it'd be in the same vein as this mod, unless you're just planning on sticking on RF power systems.

Reactions: YX33A

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Could you possibly put the crafting recipes in the OP in a spoiler? Until searching through this thread a bit ago, I was utterly clueless as to how to craft your stuff, I hadn't realised you'd posted them at all :p

Would you consider some form of magical fuel box for Railcraft's steam boilers, so we could burn essentia instead of solid or liquid fuel for steam? It feels like it'd be in the same vein as this mod, unless you're just planning on sticking on RF power systems.
Liquid magic!

And I will definitely post recipes in the OP.

Luminus

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious if this has updated to the Thaumcraft 4.1 API. If it has, I'm gonna see about adding it to my server pack just for the golem hamster wheel. :D That made me laugh harder than it probably should have.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious if this has updated to the Thaumcraft 4.1 API. If it has, I'm gonna see about adding it to my server pack just for the golem hamster wheel. :D That made me laugh harder than it probably should have.
The recent build[0.0.2] isn't 4.1 compatible but the next one will be. As of right now there is no research and there will be very little research later consisting of an opening research and a few others that will require researches like infusion to make the item, hence why they need that research.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
So far the following has been bumped up to 4.1 compatibility.
  • Thaumic Exploration
  • Thaumic Tinkerer
  • Player Beacons
  • Advanced Thaumaturgy
  • Forbidden Magic

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
And what do you people think about a "tube" system that uses something like a tesla coil to transport essentia between jars?