[0.5.1] Technomancy Discussion-Ore processing like a boss

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't say it is a dick thing, but rather that it breaks the feel of Thaumcraft. Now that I am thinking about it, if the machine had a fairly large RF cost, that would make the process seem more balanced.
Eh allot of the theme of this mod kinda clashes against thaumcraft in it's ways. Combining magic and science was probably something he wasn't exactly looking into, but it doesn't mean we can't enjoy them. And while he did say essentia could never revert to vis, the scientists of old said the earth was flat and that the notion of the earth being round was blasphemy. Just a matter of time.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Patience is a limited resource, unfortunately.

Also, personally I agree with the previous sentiment that turning vis into essentia, but not essentia into vis would be a fine thing to do. If so, 5-10 vis into 1 essentia is quite enough...
And if you REALLY wanna do essentia into vis, it should be much more expensive, something like 50 essentia into one vis...
Though, honestly, there's already aspect orbs dropped by mobs for vis without nodes. Mob grinders aren't THAT hard to make, especially with Thaumcraft. The only thing we lack is an automated or at least semi-automated way to collect them.

Reactions: YX33A

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Patience is a limited resource, unfortunately.

Also, personally I agree with the previous sentiment that turning vis into essentia, but not essentia into vis would be a fine thing to do. If so, 5-10 vis into 1 essentia is quite enough...
And if you REALLY wanna do essentia into vis, it should be much more expensive, something like 50 essentia into one vis...
Though, honestly, there's already aspect orbs dropped by mobs for vis without nodes. Mob grinders aren't THAT hard to make, especially with Thaumcraft. The only thing we lack is an automated or at least semi-automated way to collect them.
50 vis? that's cute
I was contemplating something similar but with a large amount of loss. As in 1000 vis = 1 essentia.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Why not have an vis-to-essentia machine that only makes certain types of essentia depending on node type? For example, a standard node would give Aurum (like, maybe 1 every 10-30 vis of any type), a tainted one would give Vitium, Pure -> Vitreus, etc. That way we can still generate useful essentia that's hard to get otherwise, but we don't create insane infinite loop scenarios with lamps or essentia dynamos or whatever.

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
Oooh, ooh, how about a Vis fabricator that takes essentia piped into it, stirs it judiciously with some RF, and then puts the vis into a little mini-node inside the block that you can draw from by hand with a wand or use with a wand recharging station? The more highly compounded the aspect, the more RF it takes, which should encourage people to have multiples of them churning out primal aspects instead of one churning out fabrico or meto, or whichever aspect it is that traces back to all six primals. You could even have wand cores be upgrades for it. Greatwood being the base, silverwood being good for compounds, and the elemental ones being good for their respective primals.

Last edited:

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Oooh, ooh, how about a Vis fabricator that takes essentia piped into it, stirs it judiciously with some RF, and then puts the vis into a little mini-node inside the block that you can draw from by hand with a wand or use with a wand recharging station? The more highly compounded the aspect, the more RF it takes, which should encourage people to have multiples of them churning out primal aspects instead of one churning out fabrico or meto, or whichever aspect it is that traces back to all six primals.
So, the sideways tables?

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Have you people even tried the bloody thing? It drained two of my resonant energy cells, and half of a third one. It's also extremely volatile. If you go overboard and don't manage how big you make the node, it'll become a hungry node devouring anyone or anything near it.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Have you people even tried the bloody thing? It drained two of my resonant energy cells, and half of a third one. It's also extremely volatile. If you go overboard and don't manage how big you make the node, it'll become a hungry node devouring anyone or anything near it.
Balance ☺

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Balance ☺
That's my point. Everyone is writing it off without actually trying it out. It's eating more than one million rf. You'd need two netherstars and a steam boiler to generate the power per super node. It has the potential to be a bit unbalanced sure, but at what cost to the player? high amounts of power, and potentially anything built around the node unless you make a proper set up. Even then have fun trying to jar the thing, it can be done, but it isn't fun.

Also reqiuring essentia types that aren't that easy to get early game, in large quantities.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
The Node Fabricator is a lot less OP than it seems. I beefed up the fabricator recipe to cost a redstone energy cell to deal with some of that initial cost, but the amount of taint you need just to get a normal node is rather ridiculous. You need 75 taint just to make one of the damned things, and you need two, plus the taint to actually make the node, which is another full warded jar, totalling up to 214 vitium for a normal node. It isn't nearly as easy as it initially appears to be, especially with the fact that you dont' know exactly what you're going to get out (unless you're me and wrote the code).

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Any recomendations on what to implement next? Not quite sure if I want to work on the mannequins or something else entirely

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Any recomendations on what to implement next? Not quite sure if I want to work on the mannequins or something else entirely
Dunno, next release? *shot*
Or maybe the mannequins, assuming they don't end up looking creepy as shit.