[0.5.1] Technomancy Discussion-Ore processing like a boss

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
So... what if I were to.. you know.. beef up taint biomes so they were a legitimate threat. Such as adding golems that spawn from tainted nodes, small tainted nodes to spawn in taint biomes to help spread the taint, increase the rate at which taint spreads. Any objections or ideas?

Reactions: Padfoote

NullMagic

Jul 29, 2019
my only suggestion at the moment is make it so it can be turned on or off in the config, as some people might not want to deal with more invasive taint. Honestly my only real fear is that someday I'm going to log on and find that the entire world is overrun with taint because some silly bugger let it go too long XP.

CascadingDragon

Jul 29, 2019
I was so excited to replace my golem, I encased it in glass, and made it watch as I placed the coils, I swear I seen it cry.
Also, side question, what is the intended setup for the coils?

EDIT:
Why can't we empty vials into the Quantum jars?

Last edited:
Reactions: CreepaCatcha

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
my only suggestion at the moment is make it so it can be turned on or off in the config, as some people might not want to deal with more invasive taint. Honestly my only real fear is that someday I'm going to log on and find that the entire world is overrun with taint because some silly bugger let it go too long XP.
It would definitely be a config option. Default on of course. I, and many others, find taint as a minor nuisance more than an actual threat. Beefing it up a bit might be a bit fun as well as adding a few more things that could possibly fight/aid or even use it to aid you.
I was so excited to replace my golem, I encased it in glass, and made it watch as I placed the coils, I swear I seen it cry.
Also, side question, what is the intended setup for the coils?

EDIT:
Why can't we empty vials into the Quantum jars?
There's a lot of setups you can use for the coils.
This does actually work. If you filter the coils connected the the first, they will drain the essentia you want.

The phials into jars is just a bug. Gotta fix that.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Can we have a cheap block that deletes essentia? Please? It would help so, so much with mass crucible work.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Entirely.

I'm mainly thinking of the automatic crucible thing and the setups it needs.
If we're talking about liquid essentia, the essentia dynamo is a good option. It's fairly cheap and it'll get you some power out of what you're voiding.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
This does actually work. If you filter the coils connected the the first, they will drain the essentia you want.
I'm not quite sure what you mean. If you are telling me I need to filter the coils on top of the jars, then it's not working because they already were filtered according to the jar below.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not quite sure what you mean. If you are telling me I need to filter the coils on top of the jars, then it's not working because they already were filtered according to the jar below.
I'm going to have to test this now..

On a bright note, I posted Technomancy on MCF and someone replied with this.
vmwR5c7.png

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Don'tcha just love how many drawfags are out there? They really are some of the best.
d7PBLMQ.gif

I did some testing. Seems to work pretty well for me. How are you filtering?
2014-03-11_19.02.46.png

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
New version. Just a few bugfixes and a couple changes.
0.2.2:
  • Fix: Quantum jars work properly with labels and phials.
  • Fix: Tesla coils dont' crash when trying to remove the aspect filter.
  • Fix: Pen cores use the ore dictionary (for reals this time).
  • Change: Added config option to turn off essentia coil particle effects.
  • Change: Nerfed the hell out of essentia dynamos. Blame @YX33A and @trajing.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
0.2.2:
I find something profoundly wrong that lets me run a quarry with only sacrificing trash items for it.
EDIT: Spelling (My iPhone doesn't like me.)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
0.2.2:

Reactions: abculatter_2

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
So... what if I were to.. you know.. beef up taint biomes so they were a legitimate threat. Such as adding golems that spawn from tainted nodes, small tainted nodes to spawn in taint biomes to help spread the taint, increase the rate at which taint spreads. Any objections or ideas?
My suggestion: Ugh, as much as I hate taint due to the squishy sounds it makes when I'm walking on fibrous taint, this sound sound cool. I would suggest that the tainted nodes actually grow in tainted trees, ala silverwood trees. Also would be cool if breaking leaves in tainted Biomes could get you a special type of sapling that grows a tainted tree(and if planted outside of a tainted Biome, tends to cause a bit of a taint'splosion).

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
I'm all for making the Taint biome itself more dangerous, however I am against making it spread faster. The spread is honestly a complete pain as-is.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
My suggestion: Ugh, as much as I hate taint due to the squishy sounds it makes when I'm walking on fibrous taint, this sound sound cool. I would suggest that the tainted nodes actually grow in tainted trees, ala silverwood trees. Also would be cool if breaking leaves in tainted Biomes could get you a special type of sapling that grows a tainted tree(and if planted outside of a tainted Biome, tends to cause a bit of a taint'splosion).
i c wut u did thar
I'm not changing how taint spreads, it does that fine on its own. I want to actually instill fear when someone sees a taint biome creeping up on them, make it dangerous to try and fight it. Purifying it means going in and placing blooms, but that would mean having to fight everything that thrives there.