[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

YaNKee

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone - Big fan of this modpack. Kinda crazy though how simple Plastic sheets require Enderium nuggets? WOW! Anyway, quick question about in game navigation. Since Mystcraft is not in here, what would people suggest is the best method for in game teleportation (not using waypoints and that cheaty way)?

Cross dimensional would be preferable. Any help is much appreciated.

aa123aa789

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone - Big fan of this modpack. Kinda crazy though how simple Plastic sheets require Enderium nuggets? WOW! Anyway, quick question about in game navigation. Since Mystcraft is not in here, what would people suggest is the best method for in game teleportation (not using waypoints and that cheaty way)?

Cross dimensional would be preferable. Any help is much appreciated.
For me, im building a enderio enderrail-computercraft train station for world teleporting, it use up some power, but dont worry about it, after you have infinity lava.(sorry for my bad english)

YaNKee

Jul 29, 2019
For me, im building a enderio enderrail-computercraft train station for world teleporting, it use up some power, but dont worry about it, after you have infinity lava.(sorry for my bad english)

That sounds really cool, and likely way beyond my skillset to setup :) It also sounds like you need a lot of ender pearls, which is another resource I am very short on. One of the main reasons I wanted a way to teleport was so that I could go to the end, and then get back without having to deal with the dragon (still weak defence/offence wise and was looking for a good enderpearl source).

I will definitely look into the Ender rail idea though. Thanks!

aa123aa789

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds really cool, and likely way beyond my skillset to setup :) It also sounds like you need a lot of ender pearls, which is another resource I am very short on. One of the main reasons I wanted a way to teleport was so that I could go to the end, and then get back without having to deal with the dragon (still weak defence/offence wise and was looking for a good enderpearl source).

I will definitely look into the Ender rail idea though. Thanks!
Sometimes I find it boring hunting for ender pearls in the end, so in this survival i try to use a different methods for my ender pearls production. Any interesting ideas? =]
(It really need a lot of work to have a rail station, my friend suggested that i can use the computercraft to reduce the amount of ender pearl for almost a half:))

chucknorris

Jul 29, 2019
I've read people use steelworks for early game steel, but my high oven doesn't allow steel to be made. Yes I have the correct ingredients. Was it changed/disabled?

plagie006

Jul 29, 2019
I've read people use steelworks for early game steel, but my high oven doesn't allow steel to be made. Yes I have the correct ingredients. Was it changed/disabled?
This modpack was my first time with steelworks, I was stuck until I supplied my controller with a redstone signal.

plagie006

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes I find it boring hunting for ender pearls in the end, so in this survival i try to use a different methods for my ender pearls production. Any interesting ideas? =]
(It really need a lot of work to have a rail station, my friend suggested that i can use the computercraft to reduce the amount of ender pearl for almost a half:))
I like dungeon crawling to get ender lillies. Once you have lillies you'll want to rush to get end stone via ticon's smeltery. Last step is automation, and that's very easy with the EnderIO farming station.

chucknorris

Jul 29, 2019
This modpack was my first time with steelworks, I was stuck until I supplied my controller with a redstone signal.

It's not that. Iron being smelted with proper steel ingredients simply won't melt into steel, it freezes at the completely hot stage. Then remove one if the steel ingredients and it instantly becomes molten iron.

YaNKee

Jul 29, 2019
I like dungeon crawling to get ender lillies. Once you have lillies you'll want to rush to get end stone via ticon's smeltery. Last step is automation, and that's very easy with the EnderIO farming station.

What I am doing for Pearls now (on a very small scale) is I have 2 ender lily seeds. I lived with the slow growth but used a watering can to speed it up somewhat. Once I had a few pearls, I made Ender Cores and planted the Ender Lillies on those. With a watering can, you can water them for about an hour real time and you should have a new pearl. Maybe it is more, but it GREATLY speeds it up. The other thing I am contemplating is that I make End Stone by melting pearls in TiC and since you get 250mb for each, and dumping 50mb on obsidian in a Casting basin makes EndStone, this could be used instead of the Ender Cores to plant on (not as fast, but better than dirt). I also made a Soul Shard and am currently hunting Enderman to make a free spawner. They are hard to find though, so getting a Tier 1 is even difficult (have to kill 64 of them). Once I have that, just a simple drop mob trap into a water block with a hopper underneath should work wonders.

orranmargath

Jul 29, 2019
It's not that. Iron being smelted with proper steel ingredients simply won't melt into steel, it freezes at the completely hot stage. Then remove one if the steel ingredients and it instantly becomes molten iron.

did you remove the molten iron from the high oven?? it can only hold one type of metal, so if there is still iron in it, it wont make steel until it is empty

Tyrope

Jul 29, 2019
Are many of the useful (mining/engineering) turtles disabled on purpose? The recipes show up in NEI but don't work in either the ME crafting terminal or TiCon Crafting Station (half-size)

aa123aa789

Jul 29, 2019
Are many of the useful (mining/engineering) turtles disabled on purpose? The recipes show up in NEI but don't work in either the ME crafting terminal or TiCon Crafting Station (half-size)
I think the new mechanic of cc is that you can't craft them anymore, instead you have to put the turtle down and 'armor' them though a commend from turtleAPI.(just forgot what the commend is)

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
Just tested it, I was able to craft a mining turtle with ME crafting terminal.

plagie006

Jul 29, 2019
What I am doing for Pearls now (on a very small scale) is I have 2 ender lily seeds. I lived with the slow growth but used a watering can to speed it up somewhat. Once I had a few pearls, I made Ender Cores and planted the Ender Lillies on those. With a watering can, you can water them for about an hour real time and you should have a new pearl. Maybe it is more, but it GREATLY speeds it up. The other thing I am contemplating is that I make End Stone by melting pearls in TiC and since you get 250mb for each, and dumping 50mb on obsidian in a Casting basin makes EndStone, this could be used instead of the Ender Cores to plant on (not as fast, but better than dirt). I also made a Soul Shard and am currently hunting Enderman to make a free spawner. They are hard to find though, so getting a Tier 1 is even difficult (have to kill 64 of them). Once I have that, just a simple drop mob trap into a water block with a hopper underneath should work wonders.

I don't know if it's the pack configs or if the mechanics of the mod changed, but in my experience with the Dark Trilogy, lilies aren't following the rules they normally should. On end stone they grew faster than ender cores (I had a 7x7 lily farm and the 4 ender cores I had were consistently the last seeds to grow). Additionally the watering can used to/is supposed to *revert* ender lily growth (water and ender don't mix).

Also, you don't have to dump liquid obsidian into the basin you can just r-click with an obsidian block on the basin to place it in.

DaviePatriots

Jul 29, 2019
No matter what server location I try, no matter how many times I delete all the FTB files, and get a new .jar every single time I try to download version 1.0.7 of this pack I get "ERROR! Error downloading mod pack!!!". All I see in the Console is:
TheDarkTrilogy
Modpack is out of date.
Downloading Mod Pack
Local: 614827E8870C63976597B5838A8B0084
Remote: 9E60C7D024451B3B722B2A8B900A7D18
Error downloading modpack!!!

Can anyone please help me...

The only thing I can think of is that Java 1.8.31 is not compatible?

FallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
It's not that bad, just wanted to tie mods together for a sense of progression. You may or my not hate the BC quarry recipe...
just to comment on that, who in their right mind will ever touch a BC quarry. we all know what those lagmonsters are capable of

A7madG4mer

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the ModPack but Before the modpack is work but yesterday its not work i play it on cracked launcher because i don't have an account and its not working

Attachments

• TDT.PNG
    TDT.PNG
    31.9 KB · Views: 63

Kreepser

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to have a crash whenever I take damage, seemingly with a TConstruct tool. Don't know if this is a TConstruct issue or the modpack, but I just felt like notifying as I haven't seen much on it.

As of updating to 1.0.8 my game won't start.

Last edited: