[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

tclord

Jul 29, 2019
Do deserts exist in this worldgen? I looked at the config for extrabiomes and vanilla.desert seems to be enabled but hell if I can find one after flying around for a real life day. I need some desert bees, dang it.

I found my desert (modest) bees in a wastelands biome. I have yet to find a desert biome in my world either.

Koky_g

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I am trying to update from 1.0.6 to 1.0.7. The downloading goes all the way down and at the end a message pops up and says "Error downloading modpack!!!"

I have tried downloading 1.0.6 again, as I thought there is problem with all the downloads but it was downloaded correctly. Then tried 1.0.7 but got an error again.

Am I doing something wrong or there is a problem with the download of the version?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I found my desert (modest) bees in a wastelands biome. I have yet to find a desert biome in my world either.

I found desert eventually, wasn't that hard once I made a decent jetpack. It was a pretty long distance away.

Tyrope

Jul 29, 2019
[Pack version: Recommended as of January 21st 2015]
Both ops and the server console(!!) gets "You do not have permission to use this command' when issuing "gamerule mobGriefing False"

taveric

Jul 29, 2019
also now realized even though there are recipes for the time and text card. You cant craft them. So nuclear control 2 seems unusable

aa123aa789

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I am trying to update from 1.0.6 to 1.0.7. The downloading goes all the way down and at the end a message pops up and says "Error downloading modpack!!!"

I have tried downloading 1.0.6 again, as I thought there is problem with all the downloads but it was downloaded correctly. Then tried 1.0.7 but got an error again.

Am I doing something wrong or there is a problem with the download of the version?

For those who have this porblem, try to disable fastcraft first and that will be solved. Enable it after the update process finish. =]
(I was just keep pressing the 'update' button until i found this solution 15 minutes later...)

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
In case anyone is interested on other projects and packs I develop for FTB have a look at this subform. I will soon be posting updates on a new pack that is in development.

Wilcon88

Jul 29, 2019
I do
For those who have this porblem, try to disable fastcraft first and that will be solved. Enable it after the update process finish. =]
(I was just keep pressing the 'update' button until i found this solution 15 minutes later...)
I dont have fast craft installed and it still wont let me update to 1.0.7? It is saying Error Downloading Modpack. In the consol its saying the modpack is out date? What do I do? I do not have fastcraft installed and ive tried pressing force update 10 times and still get the error. 1.0.6 downloaded fine 1.0.7 gives me the error. The server I want to join is on 1.0.7.

Wilcon88

Jul 29, 2019
Actually since i downloaded 1.0.6 and then tried to download 1.0.7 it is no longer saying out of date in the consol. Now its not giving me a reason for why it cant update? I just get the error still?

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Actually since i downloaded 1.0.6 and then tried to download 1.0.7 it is no longer saying out of date in the consol. Now its not giving me a reason for why it cant update? I just get the error still?
Change your server location in advanced options and do a force update.

jstn

Jul 29, 2019
I'm loving this pack. Currently running it on a server and I've had complaints from users, who want to exclusively use TE, about IC2 items needed in the crafting recipe for Thermal Expansion energy items. Is there something in the config files I can change or do I need to tell them to deal with it.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
I'm loving this pack. Currently running it on a server and I've had complaints from users, who want to exclusively use TE, about IC2 items needed in the crafting recipe for Thermal Expansion energy items. Is there something in the config files I can change or do I need to tell them to deal with it.
It's not a config its a part of the pack. Recipes are supposed to be cross mod.

Wilcon88

Jul 29, 2019
Change your server location in advanced options and do a force update.
I went to options on the FTB launcher, then went to advanced settings, but did not see anything about server location. The server I want to join is not mine. I can't get the pack 1.0.7 to install from FTB launcher. If i wanted to play single player I couldn't because When I select 1.0.7 and click launch it just says Error downloading Pack. Sorry If I am not understanding what you were trying to tell me but I see nothing in the options tab/advanced options tab about server location. I tried different Download locations but that didn't help either. I can launch any of the other packs on the launcher but not this one for some reason.

iglou_bc

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there I've been playing around with this modpack for a little bit and I'm finding some of the Harvestcraft trees to be scarce (like bananas, coconuts, and others I can't find) I've tried bonemealing the grass and using the watering can to produce saplings but no effect.

I also couldn't find a desert for the life of me in my current seed. I'll probably start again once again since I keep finding I need the cactus. I'm hoping that's just bad luck?

Any advice/suggestions?

Bomanski

Jul 29, 2019
Currently playing 1.0.7 and I love that the recipes are a little bit harder then other packs and that mods are crossing each other. I have a smallish problem and i dont know if its my computer or the modpack but i get some wierd graphic glitches and missing chunks. I never had that problem with other modpacks. Graphic glitches can be that the sky is "rendering" like a big triangle shape of flickering lines and if i move it flickers more. Sometimes I get lava and stone rendering on the surface and if I blockupdate the area it dissapears. I using Invictus texturepack aswell. Can't take a SS atm since im a work.

Wilcon88

Jul 29, 2019
Currently playing 1.0.7 and I love that the recipes are a little bit harder then other packs and that mods are crossing each other. I have a smallish problem and i dont know if its my computer or the modpack but i get some wierd graphic glitches and missing chunks. I never had that problem with other modpacks. Graphic glitches can be that the sky is "rendering" like a big triangle shape of flickering lines and if i move it flickers more. Sometimes I get lava and stone rendering on the surface and if I blockupdate the area it dissapears. I using Invictus texturepack aswell. Can't take a SS atm since im a work.
Those glitches and missing chunks comes from optifine.