[1.7.10] The Dark Trilogy [PUBLIC BETA]

mr_e12345

Jul 29, 2019
I give this pack for what ive played and looked though the recipes, a A- Overall... Biggest issue for me and its a pack breaking issue is, I hate Ic2, Forcing the majority of tier 1 of IC2 in (Generator, Blast furnace, Compressor, Metal former) to get the T1 of say thermal expansion (Pulverizer & Powered furnace).
I thought the same at first, but I instead just did a bit of exploration in the Overworld and Nether so that I could build a Railcraft Coke Oven + Blast Furnace in order to get my steel. I built a whole reactor with that tech line. Yes, tech is a bit cumbersome to get started with, but it is a solid accomplishment just getting a pulverizer or SAG mill.

I did have to go through IC2 a bit later in order to get my Ender-Thermic Pump, but that's more of an optional block at least.

BruceLeeWannaBe

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having the issue of no Vacuous on bowls or chests. I can see the Aspect when i scan it but if I throw it in a Crucible it shows Vacuous with a small 0.

micmou

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
I have a small issue: I can't pastebin any programs into my turtle...has it been disabled or something?
I checked the CC cfg, http is enabled...
I use the modpack with Enderzoo enabled and with the addition of Fastcraft

tnx
Get rid of everything except a * in the whitelist make sure you don't have "* as well some people for some reason have that should be =*

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
Using spatial IO Enhanced Portals Isn't in here nor any others except Industrial Craft Experimental which is horribly inefficent

Have you tried the Bloodmagic teleposers? They should be able to teleport players but not across dimensions.

micmou

Jul 29, 2019
See I know but cross dimension is hard right now even adding enhanced portals three would please me I just have a really cool DHD dialer program from CC I just would like some better Teleporting and LanteaCRaft would be cool mainly because I need cross dimensions as we have a multi world setup unfortunatley

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, is there a way I could power an MFE or MFSU with RF in this pack? I prefer RF but need some EU.

Last edited:

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
See I know but cross dimension is hard right now even adding enhanced portals three would please me I just have a really cool DHD dialer program from CC I just would like some better Teleporting and LanteaCRaft would be cool mainly because I need cross dimensions as we have a multi world setup unfortunatley

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-1-6-4-or-1-7-2-or-1-7-10-forge-spawncommands This is what I'm using to allow players to set homes. If you don't want players to be able to set homes, you can set it so that only Ops can set shared locations others can tp to.

Vinnie_F

Jul 29, 2019
Tfox, after playing your pack for about 5 weeks, I thought I'd just toss out some observations.

1. Mining wells are an easy way to automine. They are as cheap on a carriage as an IC2 miner, but much, much more efficient. Cheaper than a steves carts miner too. It is much easier to make 5 of these and some carriages than it is to make a quarry or ender quarry. No need for ender chests either really, just fill up a diamond chest or two right on the rig, then dolly it home. Most packs that nerf quarries and have RIM or Funky Locomotion nerf mining wells.
  2. Soul Shards appears to be set to 'easy mode'. According to the new developer, the mod can be set in the config back to 'the old way' which means Soul Shards 1, where you made a shard out of corrupted essence, etc. On our server a guy killed the ender dragon 3 days after we started, plus with the recipe for end stone, making a shard is very easy. The older method takes longer. People assume SS1 was the most OP, but it was only OP due to a bug with anvils that let you kill 11 mobs and create a tier 5 shard.
  3. The recipe change for the Mining World portal greatly affects servers that don't want people digging huge holes in the Overworld. Was this intentional? You can make mining wells or an IC2 miner, but on a server with those rules (pretty common to see this) you can't actually auto mine. I assume this was not meant to balance mining wells, as anyone on ssp can do whatever they want. What it accomplishes is to make it so people only ever use quarries or Ender Quarries, unless they want to do something for the lolz. Very few people will make a quarry to get to the mining world, and then set up a steve's carts miner. And no one is going to use a steves carts miner in the Underdark.
Totally love this modpack, and after 5 weeks in a world I am still having loads of fun. Thanks for the great pack. :)

micmou

Jul 29, 2019

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Do deserts exist in this worldgen? I looked at the config for extrabiomes and vanilla.desert seems to be enabled but hell if I can find one after flying around for a real life day. I need some desert bees, dang it.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Another fairly large update went into testing stages today, lots of bug fixes mainly. If all goes well my plan will be to push the update live when I get back from PAX South, so a little over a week from now. I do not want to push just before I leave in case something goes wrong I will have a hard time fixing it while traveling.

plagie006

Jul 29, 2019

Using ender rails only requires a single server-side config change. http://imgur.com/a/7hLs4

LC14199

Jul 29, 2019
I have heard of some people being able to use Optifine and Fastcraft in this modpack, I however cannot play with optifine due to constant crashes. Is there anything I'm doing wrong here. 1.7.10 Ultra B4 Optifine, and Fastcraft 1.12 (I'll try updating fastcraft and see if that helps)

Tenandra

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be unable to craft a CESU the recipe for the empty Advanced RE battery seems to be missing in NEI tried using a batbox to charge but batbox wont accept the item does anyone have any ideas that may help?

Death_Rictus

Jul 29, 2019
I have heard of some people being able to use Optifine and Fastcraft in this modpack, I however cannot play with optifine due to constant crashes. Is there anything I'm doing wrong here. 1.7.10 Ultra B4 Optifine, and Fastcraft 1.12 (I'll try updating fastcraft and see if that helps)

I was using fastcraft 1.09 with no problem... it's up to 1.16 now but I have yet to drop it in this pack.

eadmund

Jul 29, 2019
I'm unable to use 'pastebin get' in ComputerCraft. I've played around with the whitelist in the config, but so far to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this, and even better found a fix?