[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
there has to be some kind of config in the mod that has the dehy change depending on the biome? Can we just set that to a flat 5% over all since we have only 1 biome anyway?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
We don't need to change dehydration/water for the beginning of a game, just need something for mid/end game to let you last longer.
Idea: Find (add?) an item that needs 4000mb of water to make; let it stack; then add in recipe for empty camel pack + new item = full camel pack
Sorry, because of the durability on the camel pack, getting a Minetweaker recipe working is a pure headache. I had to make some tradeoffs to make this modpack work together. I know it is not perfect, but trust me, trying to change anything will likely break more than it helps.[DOUBLEPOST=1405993666][/DOUBLEPOST]
Special AI and Special Mobs are good until there are special creepers that will create an excavation or blow 70% of your ship out. I've tested the recent map (big ship) without Zombie Awareness, it is possible to survive with that little amount of mobs. :)
No, there is an option to make non-special creepers vanilla. And I set creepers to be 99% vanilla and 1% mini creeprs. I am aware ofthe issue, and I have turned off quite a lot of the Special mobs for a variety of reasons.[DOUBLEPOST=1405993779][/DOUBLEPOST]
there has to be some kind of config in the mod that has the dehy change depending on the biome? Can we just set that to a flat 5% over all since we have only 1 biome anyway?
No, sorry. Yes, I know it is a bit annoying mid/late game but it works well in the early game. Again, tradeoffs. I did the best I could, and the balance is the best it gets. I had to stop tinkering with it because I was at the point I was making things worse, not better.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
For the creepers just make sure to test that the vanilla don't destroy anything. Whenever I tried to use any special creepers, even the vanilla ones destroyed stuff. Hopefully you got it to work but double check before you release it.

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone please explain this nonsense to me.

Hungry, food in hand, can't eat, hunger timer is on a loop, lose a world because of it...

Making something challenging is one thing. Making it stupid is another.

Which reminds me of another point. Drinking a bottle of water every 30-60 seconds or dehydrate is not realistic. In fact if that is how harsh the climate is, then we should die instantly upon spawning.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
No, there is an option to make non-special creepers vanilla. And I set creepers to be 99% vanilla and 1% mini creeprs. I am aware ofthe issue, and I have turned off quite a lot of the Special mobs for a variety of reasons.

I'm gonna use the glass blocks on the ship as a glass cage and find me a mini-creeper so it's gonna be an adorable pet.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Drinking a bottle of water every 30-60 seconds or dehydrate is not realistic. In fact if that is how harsh the climate is, then we should die instantly upon spawning.
The very first quest gives you a Camel Pack, some cold water and regular water bottles. The Cold Water refills 25% hydration. Then the Camel Pack will become your bestest friend. Fill it up with water bottles and it will keep you hydrated almost a full day.

Hungry, food in hand, can't eat, hunger timer is on a loop, lose a world because of it...
Not sure what problems you had, what is this "hunger timer"? SoL makes it so, that you have to rotate between different kinds of food.

In the beginning you can make Zombie Jerky, cook silkworms or hang Rotten Flash on a drying rack. Sifting dirt gives you a chance for several seeds, some of them can be grown and turned into a seed soup. You get a Grape Sapling early on, which means juice and fruit salat. You get rice very early and Rice Soup is a pretty good early meal. Or turn it into flour and bake bread and toast.

You know the old saying "Live and learn"? Here it's more "Die and learn", the important part being the learning. ;)

I'm gonna use the glass blocks on the ship as a glass cage and find me a mini-creeper so it's gonna be an adorable pet.
Does that mean, you are going to make another Let's Play? Pretty please? :)

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013

Which reminds me of another point. Drinking a bottle of water every 30-60 seconds or dehydrate is not realistic. In fact if that is how harsh the climate is, then we should die instantly upon spawning.

No idea of the first. Well, wait. Did you heatstroke? I bet you heat stroked. Don't cool off quick and it will do that. Or eating rotten flesh, that hunger debuff is not worth the risk.

For the second, a) wear the camel pack that the first quest gave you. And b) please read the quest book thoroughly, ok? Camel packs need refilling every ten to fifteen minutes, unless you insist on sitting right on top of lava or anything else hot.

This modpack is designed intentionally to challenge the usual routine and to force you to be creative and think of new solutions to old problems. Quite simply, I have invalidated one way or another as much as the boring old ways of doing things as I could. The infinite lava trick for effortless no thought power? No, not available. But hey, did you no you can turn a mob farm into a self sustaining power generator? Melons or bread or baked potatoes as your only food source? Not happening. But, hey Harvestcraft provides literally hundreds of alternative food choices. Explore NEI a bit. Infinite water springs? Hell no. But hey, I provided several other ways of getting water, most of which can be automated eventually. Every change I've made serves this purpose. Be willing to rethink the usual way of doing things and you thrive. Refuse to be creative and die.

That said, Crash Landing is also as fair as I could make it. You will probably die several times as you learn, but in almost all cases those deaths can be traced to mistakes you made, not just because the map decided to kill you. Every problem has a solution. Just don't go outside at night. You will die.

If you want ideas on how to survive, I have a video section in the first post. That should get you past the first few days.

Reactions: Catfather12

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome that there is now a set of server files available, I got the multilayer server working with 1.1.0 but it took some tinkering with configs.
Now that 1.1.1 is out, I'll be restarting my Let's Play with the new pack updates and map Wednesday. Also tomorrow I'll update my SMP server for my Twitch broadcast. The way the new quests are set up make SMP much easier since each player can get there shell chamber legit through the book and the larger ship means there is space inside for 2-5 crew to set up there shell chambers and still have some space to work at night if you don't want to make a trench.

Deathmint

Jul 29, 2019

Hunger debuff is balanced so that you can't just munch your way through it. It's supposed to be punishing. Yes, I lost a world to hunger debuff too. I'm probably well over a dozen deaths in at this point (mostly from learning to perfect my early-game mob farming) and I'm having a blast.

This is the sort of modpack that's for the resourceful survivalist, and I find dehydration and hunger are set up logically for it. I would recommend the Agrarian Skies pack for awhile until you get used to using the quest book, Ex Nihilo, Ex Aliquo, and Hunger Overhaul to see how they all work together first. It's far less punishing in the early game, and the quests set up a good foundation for resource management. Or, if you'd like to keep cutting your teeth on this one, there's a great guide here that I've been following: [1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

mrnorrisman

Jul 29, 2019
Is this modpack multiplayer?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned (I didn't want to scroll through everything to find out).

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
If you want ideas on how to survive, I have a video section in the first post. That should get you past the first few days.
Do you mind telling me the title of that specific video I am feeling like such a noob with how often I have to start over.

Last edited:

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Testing the new map... seems something was forgotten- the quest delivery system block should be in one of the supply chests

since the recipe for it requires glass and wood it's hard to make one that early in the game (unless it's intentional that you use some of the glass in the ship to make one, and in that case you will need to oreDict with glass to work in the recipe)

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Testing the new map... seems something was forgotten- the quest delivery system block should be in one of the supply chests

since the recipe for it requires glass and wood it's hard to make one that early in the game (unless it's intentional that you use some of the glass in the ship to make one, and in that case you will need to oreDict with glass to work in the recipe)
I'm aware. I'll fix it before the next update.

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019
Is this modpack multiplayer?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned (I didn't want to scroll through everything to find out).

you can duo-trio it without a problem .. or maybe some: who will eat tonight ? :p
more people means very difficult start because of the few food and water, however it also means more man power so faster quest completion and faster stable resources supply.
You can definitely do it multiplayer now that the hard and easy route is player choice in the quest book/

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason i can't download this pack. Everytime the download complete it will show up mod pack failed to download. Any suggestion?

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason i can't download this pack. Everytime the download complete it will show up mod pack failed to download. Any suggestion?
There was a problem with the release that showed up in the launcher, don't know if they got that fixed yet. You could try private pack code "boom" and see if that works.

And as an example for what I'd mentioned before about having a way to refill the camel pack easier:
recipes.addShapeless(tile.sponge, [WaterBottle,WaterBottle,WaterBottle,WaterBottle]);
recipes.addShapeless(tile.sponge, [Dirt,Dirt,Dirt,Dirt,<263:*>]);
That lets you craft a sponge. Sponges stack so you can carry a stack when you get automation going.
263 is coal/charcoal, but less efficient then in a furnace.
Using the waterbottles doesn't give you back empty bottles.

recipes.addShapeless(item.camelPack.withDamage(0), [item.camelPack.withDamage(100),tile.sponge]);
That lets you craft a sponge with an empty camel pack to get a full one. It has to be an empty pack, but worth it the effort so you don't have your inventory clutter with a lot of stuff to keep hydration.

Last edited:
Reactions: cannajan