[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
How goods your internet connection?

Good enough finished downloading the pack in 2 minutes

There was a problem with the release that showed up in the launcher, don't know if they got that fixed yet. You could try private pack code "boom" and see if that works.

And as an example for what I'd mentioned before about having a way to refill the camel pack easier:

That lets you craft a sponge. Sponges stack so you can carry a stack when you get automation going.
263 is coal/charcoal, but less efficient then in a furnace.
Using the waterbottles doesn't give you back empty bottles.

That lets you craft a sponge with an empty camel pack to get a full one. It has to be an empty pack, but worth it the effort so you don't have your inventory clutter with a lot of stuff to keep hydration.

Not sure if you have the wrong quote as well or it is intended for me about the camel pack :p

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019
And as an example for what I'd mentioned before about having a way to refill the camel pack easier:

That lets you craft a sponge. Sponges stack so you can carry a stack when you get automation going.

That lets you craft a sponge with an empty camel pack to get a full one. It has to be an empty pack, but worth it the effort so you don't have your inventory clutter with a lot of stuff to keep hydration.

Nice idea when the exploration quests start coming, or get a luggage and fill it with water bottle or your hydratation things.

Or you can automate with SFM to auto fill your pack and even put it on your back when you step on the advanced inventory relay.
I did that in my play through, the recharge fountain, every time i step on that block it fills my camel to full no matter how depleted it is and auto put it back on my chest.
No tedious manual refill with whatever items. I agree i need to step on it but as of now the adventure stays in my base, easy to go step on that block.

Last edited:

Unata

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to disable the visual effects of nausa? I don't mind having an illness or weakness that goes along with the mod's format but the actual visual isn't something my head can handle at all (I've a vertigo problem and the visual sets it off big time), if the warping of my screen can't be stopped then this mod isn't one I can play unfortunatly.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
I really wanna play it.
But I got an error when I download the modpack.
http://gyazo.com/ad8a8a1921cc7893fff3f473c57d5852

I was unable to download 1.1.1 from the site Atlanta-2 yesterday, I was able to download 1.1.0 successfully and then I decided to go into the advanced FtB launcher settings and changed the site to to Atlanta or was it Atlanta-1 and I was able to download version 1.1.1 successfully.

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to disable the visual effects of nausa? I don't mind having an illness or weakness that goes along with the mod's format but the actual visual isn't something my head can handle at all (I've a vertigo problem and the visual sets it off big time), if the warping of my screen can't be stopped then this mod isn't one I can play unfortunatly.

I think nausea is only visual effect no other impairment associated to it. Can't think of any mean to disable it. Try not to get nausea, if you get to that point you probably missed something out. I'm sorry that i don't have other solution that not to get nausea. :([DOUBLEPOST=1406045073][/DOUBLEPOST]
So i didnt play AS all the way through but i have heard of it.... How do i get smashing?

Smashing modifier for Tic Tools ... Diamond hammer :p

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019

recipes.addShapeless(tile.sponge, [WaterBottle,WaterBottle,WaterBottle,WaterBottle]);
recipes.addShapeless(tile.sponge, [Dirt,Dirt,Dirt,Dirt,<263:*>]);

recipes.addShapeless(item.camelPack.withDamage(0), [item.camelPack.withDamage(100),tile.sponge]);

I think this is a pretty good way to make refilling the camel pack quicker mid-late game a lot easier. Plus you could add:

recipes.addShapeless(item.camelPack.withDamage(0), [item.camelPack.withDamage(99),tile.sponge]);
recipes.addShapeless(item.camelPack.withDamage(0), [item.camelPack.withDamage(98),tile.sponge]);
recipes.addShapeless(item.camelPack.withDamage(0), [item.camelPack.withDamage(97),tile.sponge]);

etc etc as far as you want, so that you could refill it whenever you want.

Or can you use a "*" in place of the damage value so that it doesn't matter what the damage value is?

Cobra1117

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Iskandar! I've played through about 50% of the quests, and have been loving it so far. Great pack and map! A couple of suggestions/observations:
  • I have yet to find a way to get ender lily seeds. This might be intentional, but given how long they take to grow, it wouldn't really hurt to add a mechanism to get them. (It could even be something expensive like Enderium + Seeds
  • Speaking of seeds, you may want to add a quest explaining that you have to use the hoe on grass to get some types of seeds. That was less than obvious.
  • A couple of mods that I missed in this pack:
    • ComputerCraft and OpenPeripherals: With this combo you could do some really interesting things (for example, using the PIM you could make a setup that replaces your camelpack if it's low when you walk over the PIM). The general feel fits the pack pretty well, and I'm sure the community could donate some programs for the non-programmers. It also would be fairly easy to balance--just change out the redstone in the computer's recipe for an LX-100.
    • Obsidian Pressure Plates: This has become somewhat of a standard item for mod packs. The obsidian pressure plate can't be triggered by mobs. Very handy.
    • Modular Force Field System (MFFS)-Calclavia Version: This version compatible with Thermal Expansion's RF power system, and gives you options such as mob defense fields, force field bridges, and even a (very expensive) automatic mining solution. Given the fact that practically everything in this mod requires diamonds, you probably wouldn't even need to balance the recipes.
    • Steve's Carts: This one is always fun for it's wacky "high-tech rail cart" approach to getting done around your base.
    • Modular Powersuits: Very expensive high-tier armor.
  • I believe there's some kind of bug with villager trades. I got a villager that would sell me 64 "Spagetti and Meatballs, "Hearty Breakfast", or "Supreme Pizza" for one emerald. I would've thought it was luck except that it was the same villager for all three food items.
  • I noticed that jetpack armor (from Simply Jetpacks) is disabled. It would be nice if this was enabled, as it gives a good "high tier" armor solution. As a balancing factor, I believe there's a config option that you could enable that changes the recipes so that you have to make each tier of jetpack sequentially.
  • Using Pneumaticraft components for almost everything is an interesting concept, but it ends up being really tedious in the late game, since it's hard to automate. Plus, the best way to automate pneumaticraft is with drones, but they are often buggy and have crashed my world twice now. You might want to consider adding more expensive, but more easily automated recipes for the late game.
  • I started on the "easy mode" map, but I noticed the new easy/hard quest options. Great idea! :)
  • I don't know of any mods that currently offer this, but the ability to sleep to make it night would be INCREDIBLY useful for this pack. Once I had a wall up, I often spent the whole day sitting underground sifting and waiting for it to be cool enough to work on the surface. Given that it takes time to get enough resources for a bed, it wouldn't be that unbalancing to let people sleep to make it dark.
Thanks again for the great pack--looking forward to seeing where it goes in the future!

Last edited:

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Iskandar! I've played through about 50% of the quests, and have been loving it so far. Great pack and map! A couple of suggestions/observations:
  • I have yet to find a way to get ender lily seeds. This might be intentional, but given how long they take to grow, it wouldn't really hurt to add a mechanism to get them. (It could even be something expensive like Enderium + Seeds
  • Speaking of seeds, you may want to add a quest explaining that you have to use the hoe on grass to get some types of seeds. That was less than obvious.
    • ComputerCraft and OpenPeripherals: With this combo you could do some really interesting things (for example, using the PIM you could make a setup that replaces your camelpack if it's low when you walk over the PIM). The general feel fits the pack pretty well, and I'm sure the community could donate some programs for the non-programmers. It also would be fairly easy to balance--just change out the redstone in the computer's recipe for an LX-100.
    • Obsidian Pressure Plates: This has become somewhat of a standard item for mod packs. The obsidian pressure plate can't be triggered by mobs. Very handy.
    • Modular Force Field System (MFFS)-Calclavia Version: This version compatible with Thermal Expansion's RF power system, and gives you options such as mob defense fields, force field bridges, and even a (very expensive) automatic mining solution. Given the fact that practically everything in this mod requires diamonds, you probably wouldn't even need to balance the recipes.
  • I believe there's some kind of bug with villager trades. I got a villager that would sell me 64 "Spagetti and Meatballs, "Hearty Breakfast", or "Supreme Pizza" for one emerald. I would've thought it was luck except that it was the same villager for all three food items.
  • I noticed that jetpack armor (from Simply Jetpacks) is disabled. It would be nice if this was enabled, as it gives a good "high tier" armor solution. As a balancing factor, I believe there's a config option that you could enable that changes the recipes so that you have to make each tier of jetpack sequentially.
  • I started on the "easy mode" map, but I noticed the new easy/hard quest options. Great idea! :)
Thanks again for the great pack--looking forward to seeing where it goes in the future!
Its been mentioned before and he doesn't want people to be copy/pasting computer programs so I don't see computercraft happening.

However, I think obsidian pressure plates wouldn't mess with the pack so would be cool and MFFS would be awesome to have (I've been wanting a modpack with it in it as well) but I don't think they are allowing it to be used in public packs.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I have yet to find a way to get ender lily seeds. This might be intentional, but given how long they take to grow, it wouldn't really hurt to add a mechanism to get them. (It could even be something expensive like Enderium + Seeds

I never had problems getting barrels full of ender pearls in this pack. Just make a mob grinder.

Cobra1117

Jul 29, 2019
Its been mentioned before and he doesn't want people to be copy/pasting computer programs so I don't see computercraft happening.

Darn. Its seems like as long as the cost was balanced, it wouldn't hurt if people shared code with each other. (Not everyone can program, after all.) But, ultimately that's up to him--it is his mod pack after all! :) (Another option would be to add it, but have it disabled by default.)

matthijsvdmeulen

Jul 29, 2019
    • Steve's Carts: This one is always fun for it's wacky "high-tech rail cart" approach to getting done around your base.
    • Modular Powersuits: Very expensive high-tier armor.
  • Using Pneumaticraft components for almost everything is an interesting concept, but it ends up being really tedious in the late game, since it's hard to automate. Plus, the best way to automate pneumaticraft is with drones, but they are often buggy and have crashed my world twice now. You might want to consider adding more expensive, but more easily automated recipes for the late game.
  • I don't know of any mods that currently offer this, but the ability to sleep to make it night would be INCREDIBLY useful for this pack. Once I had a wall up, I often spent the whole day sitting underground sifting and waiting for it to be cool enough to work on the surface. Given that it takes time to get enough resources for a bed, it wouldn't be that unbalancing to let people sleep to make it dark.
Well, MFFS Calclavia is in the Direwolf20 pack, so it's probably possible

mDiyo

Jul 29, 2019
    • ComputerCraft and OpenPeripherals: With this combo you could do some really interesting things (for example, using the PIM you could make a setup that replaces your camelpack if it's low when you walk over the PIM).

I wouldn't put ComputerCraft in this pack. If nothing else, it would let me do everything by standing still and I would either abuse the heck out of it or ignore it completely.

I'm sitting on 1.1.0 for a bit. As soon as Iskandar figures out what all should be done with mobs, I'll gladly update. I might just use the new shuttle in the meantime...

I'm having to plan my way forward and choose how to progress at this point. It's kind of hard; I can't just pick a direction and go with it because I'm going to end up dying horribly somehow. Perhaps I'll get lots of robits and start terraforming...

Cobra1117

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't put ComputerCraft in this pack. If nothing else, it would let me do everything by standing still and I would either abuse the heck out of it or ignore it completely.

I'm sitting on 1.1.0 for a bit. As soon as Iskandar figures out what all should be done with mobs, I'll gladly update. I might just use the new shuttle in the meantime...

I'm having to plan my way forward and choose how to progress at this point. It's kind of hard; I can't just pick a direction and go with it because I'm going to end up dying horribly somehow. Perhaps I'll get lots of robits and start terraforming...

While I agree that it could make things easier, there are balancing factors here:
  • If you require something like an ME Advanced Processor (look up the recipe--it's insane) to make the computer, then it's not available until the late game. It could be used for a lot of end-game automation
  • Although I don't recommend it, turtles could be disabled. This leaves you with computers to control your Big Reactors, handle other automation tasks, and (with Open Peripherals) do some really basic inventory manipulation.
  • If turtles are enabled, fuel usage is a serious concern on this map. There's no way for turtle quarries to work without doing regular "resupply runs" because they won't be getting coal while mining. Furthermore, the fuel cap could be lowered for the basic turtle, limiting to only moving a small number of blocks before needing to go back for refueling.
I guess my point is, ignoring the "people copying programs" issue, I think there are ways to make it balanced.

Therevrun

Jul 29, 2019

Instead of using obsidian plates how about you considering carpenters blocks. I think some people would make some really cool looking stuff with that mod. And it adds the obsidian plates ability.

Reactions: Cobra1117

Cobra1117

Jul 29, 2019
Oh one more recommendation: If/when you do a multiplayer version, consider adding Aroma Backup. As a server admin it has saved my butt MANY times when maps have been corrupted. (Obviously you'll want it disabled by default for clients, since it would allow you to recover from hardcore death).[DOUBLEPOST=1406053033][/DOUBLEPOST]
Instead of using obsidian plates how about you considering carpenters blocks. I think some people would make some really cool looking stuff with that mod. And it adds the obsidian plates ability.

Hrm. Didn't know that Carpenter's Blocks had that. +1 to Therevrun's idea! :)

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019
Oh one more recommendation: If/when you do a multiplayer version, consider adding Aroma Backup. As a server admin it has saved my butt MANY times when maps have been corrupted. (Obviously you'll want it disabled by default for clients, since it would allow you to recover from hardcore death).
There's already a multiplayer version though aroma backup not in... yet. I think this is Iskandar's choice but indeed could be a nice addition for server admin and corrupted world.

Last edited:

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Oh one more recommendation: If/when you do a multiplayer version, consider adding Aroma Backup. As a server admin it has saved my butt MANY times when maps have been corrupted. (Obviously you'll want it disabled by default for clients, since it would allow you to recover from hardcore death).

I would +1 on Aroma Backup (or WorldStateCheckpoints) for at least while this is in Beta, Jadedcat found out the hard way in Agrarian Skies that unintended consequences can corrupt worlds and even though all people in a beta test should know to backup their world before updating, they just don't. So if you want to keep your beta testers happy, especially ones with well established worlds I would toss one of those into the pack.

p.s. Even more so now as it is on the launcher without the need of a code which will open up access to the pack to many more people.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
I got tired of waiting for a new wireless antenna and shared my notebook's wireless connection with my desktop to download 1.11, and man does disabling ZA change things! I need a new first day strategy. I was too dependent on the daily supply of rotten flesh and bones.

At least a small, simple dark room works wonders during the day. Maybe I'll make one of those an early priority...