[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Oi, ok Mob Properties is both very powerful and a bit of a pain to work with. For now, I am removing Zombie Awareness and enabling special mobs by default. I have disabled all the more objectional and pita Special Mobs, leaving mostly variations on vanilla mobs. For instance, zombies are 70% normal and 30% giant/brutal. It should be balanced well enough to be fun without instant killing you with over powered mobs. Creepers are virtually untouched, although 1% of them are going to be mini. We will try this for a version and if it isn't too objectionable I will stick with it.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Oi, ok Mob Properties is both very powerful and a bit of a pain to work with. For now, I am removing Zombie Awareness and enabling special mobs by default. I have disabled all the more objectional and pita Special Mobs, leaving mostly variations on vanilla mobs. For instance, zombies are 70% normal and 30% giant/brutal. It should be balanced well enough to be fun without instant killing you with over powered mobs. Creepers are virtually untouched, although 1% of them are going to be mini. We will try this for a version and if it isn't too objectionable I will stick with it.

dont want to nag you but will there be something to fix tracking again or will i have to enable ZA or other myself?

Digger

Jul 29, 2019
IMO, ZA tracking was way OP and made it too easy to harvest zombie flesh and bones. Every mob basically zeros in on you, dives into your trench and waits to be harvested.

Have a look at Tetshio's earlier Youtubes and see how he had to lure the mobs in at night. That was much more of a challenge.

I'm way into my playthrough and haven't even needed to make a mob trap yet. I set up the grinder near the closest point of my trench, and every night, the whole world becomes my spawning platform.

Everything else in this pack is nerfed or tries to kill you… ZA really stands out as an anomaly.

I'm very excited about the chance of glistening melons as a rare drop from mobs too… nice solution :)

Thank you, and
KeepOnDigging!

Reactions: pc_assassin

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone point me out a guide to installing any modpack but preferably crash landings to a server.... I own a terrible computer and if i host my world on a server i figure it will make me lag less like it normally does with other packs. Also i have zero experience in servers I only play on them not create them so im assuming 2 gb will be enough for just me like 2gb is enough to allocate to ftb?........ Sorry for noobness

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone point me out a guide to installing any modpack but preferably crash landings to a server.... I own a terrible computer and if i host my world on a server i figure it will make me lag less like it normally does with other packs. Also i have zero experience in servers I only play on them not create them so im assuming 2 gb will be enough for just me like 2gb is enough to allocate to ftb?........ Sorry for noobness

2gb is more than enough for you alone on a server. But i doubt it will make you lag less, most of the resources are used for graphics by the client the server part when playing solo ( yes a solo game is in fact a own private server and a client at the same time ) is very negligible in terms of resources.

Anyway server install with the pack i made is kinda easy, load the files on your host, connect to the host, run the server.bat or server.sh if the host is on a linux machine. Connect to it. Play

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or is anyone else having issues with worlds generating with no saplings?

Choose your Route, easy or hard, in the quest book and you'll get the according sapplings[DOUBLEPOST=1405983744][/DOUBLEPOST]@AtaGunZ Do you still have your bugs in the server version ? I retested it all, downloading from the launcher, all seems ok on my side

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
hey i posted a message on twitch to Pyrostasis. He said he would look at the Mod pack and see if it was something he likes and could stream after his stream today. Might be good if he decides to do it. :)

AtaGunZ

Jul 29, 2019
@Kylie I guess it was me derping while sending the files to my host , everything worked when I tried opening it on my own computer.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Are there any plans to throttle down the dehydration speed?
in my testing the increased dehy speed was from the fire from the Blazing pro. That is why he placed away from the ship in the new one. also don't runand when you start sweating you lose more water

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
in my testing the increased dehy speed was from the fire from the Blazing pro. That is why he placed away from the ship in the new one. also don't runand when you start sweating you lose more water

No. :)

The increase was from adding StevesDrought mod and having everything count as desert instead of an ocean biome. I was watching Tetshio's videos from 1.0.5, there the dehydration was 0.05% per second. After the update it went up to 0.10% during the night and 0.15% during the day.

You are right that nearby Pyrotheum (or Lava) blocks increase the dehydration further, to 0.25% to be exact. And funny enough, this increase only happens during the day. During the night you can stand right on top of a lava block and it stays at 0.10%.

Also strange, that there is really no way to adjust the configs. You can scale the dehydration down, but that will also affect the camel pack. You don't get a benefit. You can also change the armor (or Camel Pack) properties to make them cool your body down. But I didn't notice a change in dehydration there either. And I didn't see any config file at all for StevesDrought.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
No. :)

The increase was from adding StevesDrought mod and having everything count as desert instead of an ocean biome. I was watching Tetshio's videos from 1.0.5, there the dehydration was 0.05% per second. After the update it went up to 0.10% during the night and 0.15% during the day.

You are right that nearby Pyrotheum (or Lava) blocks increase the dehydration further, to 0.25% to be exact. And funny enough, this increase only happens during the day. During the night you can stand right on top of a lava block and it stays at 0.10%.

Also strange, that there is really no way to adjust the configs. You can scale the dehydration down, but that will also affect the camel pack. You don't get a benefit. You can also change the armor (or Camel Pack) properties to make them cool your body down. But I didn't notice a change in dehydration there either. And I didn't see any config file at all for StevesDrought.
Then it is simple. since the mod changed it where it counts as desert everywhere the increase is because it is a desert biome now where it was not before. you would need to get the env mod to still count it as a ocean biome instead of a desert biome. :)

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
We don't need to change dehydration/water for the beginning of a game, just need something for mid/end game to let you last longer.
Idea: Find (add?) an item that needs 4000mb of water to make; let it stack; then add in recipe for empty camel pack + new item = full camel pack

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019

Special AI and Special Mobs are good until there are special creepers that will create an excavation or blow 70% of your ship out. I've tested the recent map (big ship) without Zombie Awareness, it is possible to survive with that little amount of mobs. :)

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019
We don't need to change dehydration/water for the beginning of a game, just need something for mid/end game to let you last longer.
Idea: Find (add?) an item that needs 4000mb of water to make; let it stack; then add in recipe for empty camel pack + new item = full camel pack

Mid/late game you can automate that kind of things with SFM. Since its addition I'm never touching a bottle of water myself :p

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Special AI and Special Mobs are good until there are special creepers that will create an excavation or blow 70% of your ship out. I've tested the recent map (big ship) without Zombie Awareness, it is possible to survive with that little amount of mobs. :)

The version of Special Mobs we're using is 3.0 PRE and we get creepers destroying stuff. I tried using 2.6 (AI & Mobs are combined) and that has an option to turn off destruction that works.

Mid/late game you can automate that kind of things with SFM. Since its addition I'm never touching a bottle of water myself :p

It not the crafting itself that I'm talking about. While you can carry multiple camel packs, they don't stack. If we were able to carry some kind of condensed water that stacks then that would be a good mid game improvement goal.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
don't they have dirt creepers? hehe[DOUBLEPOST=1405991522][/DOUBLEPOST]
maybe if the mod dev added in an item that you can make late game that let's you hold extra water and links up to the camel pack for extra water supply when you keep it on ur bar.