[1.6.x] Thaumcraft 4.0.5b Research Cheat Sheet - 1Mil Views!! - Topic above me is a doodoo head. HA!

KaosK

Jul 29, 2019
I was told this is the place to post such stuff:
If you quickly want access to all the aspects, but don't want to combine aspects in the research table (unless it's really necessary), then follow these Guidelines.

First, research these in order:
  1. Torch --> Lux
  2. Stone, Cobble --> Saxum
  3. Coal --> Potenia
  4. Bedrock, Bowl --> Vacuos
  5. Research: (Aqua + Terra) --> Victus
  6. Seeds --> Granum
  7. Gras --> Herba
  8. any Wood --> Arbor
  9. Trapdoor --> Motus
  10. Iron Ingot, Ore --> Metallum
  11. Potion of weakness --> Mortuus & Praecantatio
    • or alternatively:
    • Research: (Victus + Perditio) --> Mortuus
    • Mossy Cobble, Chiseled Sandst. --> Praecantatio
  12. Chicken --> Volatus & Bestia
  13. Soul Sand --> Spiritus & Vinculum
  14. Paper --> Cognito
  15. Rotten Flesh --> Humanus & Corpus
  16. Flint --> Instrumentum
  17. Wool --> Fabrico & Pannus
  18. Cake (Item) --> Fames, Messis & Sano
    • or alternatively:
    • Apple --> Fames & Messis
    • Milk Bucket --> Sano (not a requirement for other aspects)
  19. Obsidian --> Tenebrae
Then research these (no particular order necessary):
  • Snow, Ice --> Gelum
  • Blaze, Obsidian Totem --> Alienis
  • Diamond --> Lucrum & Vitreus
    • or alternatively:
    • Gold Ingot --> Lucrum
    • Glas --> Vitreus
  • Slime --> Limus
  • Fence Gate --> Machina & Iter
  • Ethereal Essence --> Auram
  • Zombie, Skellington --> Exanimis
  • Spider Eye --> Venenum, --> Sensus
  • Any Hoe, Farmland --> Meto
  • Arrow --> Telum
  • Leather, any Armor --> Tutamen
  • Any Pickaxe --> Perfodio
  • Tainted Goo --> Vitium
  • Research: (Aer + Aqua) --> Tempestas
Anybody (who sees some value in these guidelines) is free to include them in their own Guide, repost them, or do whatever they want with it.

Reactions: Mero and Succubism

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I was told this is the place to post such stuff:
Wow, this is pretty damn handy!
That said, I don't think I'd have anywhere to put this on the guide. I found the topic you made though, so I'll put a link to it in the aspect post of the front page.

Thanks~!

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but if you want to get that double aspect bonus for discovering a new aspect, the 10 Vacuos on bedrock is much more valuable than the 1 on the bowl.

Value isn't the point in this context.
I agree with you, in terms of point value then bedrock wins, however the discussion is about researching combinations in a quick and efficient manner which means that making a three wood block bowl to get the aspect would be more efficient than digging right down to bedrock.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Value isn't the point in this context.
I agree with you, in terms of point value then bedrock wins, however the discussion is about researching combinations in a quick and efficient manner which means that making a three wood block bowl to get the aspect would be more efficient than digging right down to bedrock.
I'd argue the semantics of that (I'd call it "cheap and easy"), but yeah. :p

Then again, this is coming from someone who is in the process of cataloging every single block/item in my custom pack for aspects so I can find the highest discovery aspect route to all the aspects. Only reason I haven't is because I've been working 8-12 hours a day since I built the pack.

On a related note, does anyone know if there's a mod that lets you add aspects to blocks/items that currently don't have them? A lot of mods haven't added Thaumcraft 4 API integration, so they don't have default values, and it makes me a sad panda.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Mods haven't added TC4 integration because the API's only recently been made public to other modders.
Put it this way, the first post of this guide was made the day after it was publicized.

A mod like that doesn't exist as far as I'm aware, however it's only a matter of time before mods that have utilized TC3's API in the past do the same for TC4.

Knowing the modders, they're probably going to wait until TC4's released for 1.7 so they can do the same with their 1.7 iterations.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
As a visual sort of person I made a simple aspect cheat sheet for my own use. As normally I'm hunting for icons when I need aspects while researching less then I'm looking at words.

Figured I'd share for anyone else that much think in that same mode. Careful clicking on it the thumbnail leads to a fairly large image.

EDIT: updated the image look down below for new post with new image and links

Reactions: Mero

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I had screen caps of this on my phone from a youtube vid. It's so very helpful to have a high res pic to use. Now I don't have to alt tab in game or swipe pics on my phone.

Thanks