[1.6.2][WIP] Luma - A Lighting Mod For Forge

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
The multilamp looks neat, I can do some projects with it in CC but it's too expensive considering, but it's too expensive considering the that it's an aesthetic functionality.

KelMai

Jul 29, 2019
There is a very good probability that when I update ShneekeyCraft to a new version, that this mod will be included. It fills a niche which is sorely missing so far.
Yes, go ahead, include it! I'm glad you like it!
This is unbelievably cool. Especially the multilamp. It'd be cool if you could make some multiblock street lamp or something of the sort.

Thanks a lot! I'll have to finish a few besics first, before adding more complex stuff. But thanks for the input!
The multilamp looks neat, I can do some projects with it in CC but it's too expensive considering, but it's too expensive considering the that it's an aesthetic functionality.
Do you think so? I was wondering if it still was too cheap, at first I had a recipe with 4 Chroma stones (4 diamonds)...
You're right, it's mostly aesthetic but has many practical uses as well (multi colored indicators for example).
I think its functionality is quite advanced, so it should be worth the diamond (also, it makes sense construction wise. You need to break the light into individual colors somehow...).
What do you guys think? should the multilamp be cheaper? Or more expensive? Or is it just right?

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Do you think so? I was wondering if it still was too cheap, at first I had a recipe with 4 Chroma stones (4 diamonds)...
You're right, it's mostly aesthetic but has many practical uses as well (multi colored indicators for example).
I think its functionality is quite advanced, so it should be worth the diamond (also, it makes sense construction wise. You need to break the light into individual colors somehow...).
What do you guys think? should the multilamp be cheaper? Or more expensive? Or is it just right?

Although I may use it late-game anyway, I'd gladly make use of these if you'd use one diamond for four lamps. Keep up the good work!

KelMai

Jul 29, 2019
Update 0.2.2 released

Direct Download

Changes:
- [NEW] Added colored Fixtures
- [FIX] Moved Fixtures down a bit when displayed as Inventory Items
- Optimised render code
- Changed standard starting IDs (Block: 3750 / Item: 12050) - can be changed in the config file

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
The caged lamps are a bit odd, they're basically just a lamp with stripes on them. Are there any plans to make them look a bit more like the RedPower 2 Cage Lamp?
Block_Cage_Lamp.png
*Edit* D'oh, just spotted the "Cage Fixture". Nice!

KelMai

Jul 29, 2019
The caged lamps are a bit odd, they're basically just a lamp with stripes on them. Are there any plans to make them look a bit more like the RedPower 2 Cage Lamp?
Block_Cage_Lamp.png
*Edit* D'oh, just spotted the "Cage Fixture". Nice!

Yes, the caged fixtures should do the job ;) although they are also only fixtures with "stripes" on them. I personally like it when Minecraft blocks look very simple and blocky. I don't like when blocks look too complex (The RP Fixtures are ok, though. I just like to keep it simpler for mine). That's why I keep my blocks as simple as possible.

For example, I don't like the Bibliocraft tables and lamps at all because they don't look "blocky". That doesn't fit in with the rest of Minecraft.

I also don't like high res textures mixed with vanilla minecraft (unless you use a high res texture pack for everything, then it fits with the rest).

I know some people like it differently, but you can never make everyone happy ;)

Reactions: PeggleFrank

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I have been thinking about creating this "glow" as well. I just looked at the Tesselator and it's quite easily possible with a second render pass.
I wanted to do it somehow differently because i didn't just want to copy RP. But I think there is no better way to make the lights glow. So I think this will be added in one of the next updates.
I'll probably put an option into the config file to turn it off, because i'm sure not everyone likes this kind of thing.
Instead of a config option, just add one more recipe that turns any colored light into a glowy light -- like apply a slime ball to any light. This way we can have or not have the glow on a per light basis :)

KelMai

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of a config option, just add one more recipe that turns any colored light into a glowy light -- like apply a slime ball to any light. This way we can have or not have the glow on a per light basis :)

That's actually a great idea, I'll probably do something like that.
I'll also include config options to individually enable or disable each lamp type (standard: all enabled). This way you can pick and choose what you like. This should come in the next update.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Ok got a question for you :) Is it possible to send a single redstone signal to a multi lamp and that multi lamp pass the redstone signal through itself to an attached lamp decreasing the redstone power by 1. So in effect you can power a single row of lamps from 1 redstone signal and it change color as it runs down the row of lamps?

I don't know if it's possible to do but it would open up so many opportunities where redstone signals aren't needed against every block.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Ok got a question for you :) Is it possible to send a single redstone signal to a multi lamp and that multi lamp pass the redstone signal through itself to an attached lamp decreasing the redstone power by 1. So in effect you can power a single row of lamps from 1 redstone signal and it change color as it runs down the row of lamps?
Could you get that effect by running redstone dust along the top of the lamps? That would only work for horizontal lines, of course, but having signal leak by default would make these lamps un-usable for a large number of use cases e.g. display boards, tetris games, pictures, etc.

D

Deleted member 38496

Having that Multilamp means I can finally make a giant color monitor! Time to make some computercraft programs for 8-bit games.

klopseline

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to see either forge multipart integration or some kind of glowy strips that you can stick on the wall to light it up. (it would have a lower light level than a full block lamp).
Otherwise keep up the good work and have fun modding ;)

KelMai

Jul 29, 2019
Would you mind doing a quick update to 1.6.4?
Hi guys! I'm sorry for the lack of updates recently, real life intervened a little bit
wink.png
I hope to update it by the end of december. If I don't find the time by then I'll probably consider giving it to someone else to continue but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do it.

Reactions: AlanEsh