[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

myhv

Jul 29, 2019
What Botania flowers actually disappear? Nightshade, Daybloom, anything else? How about the water one? How are thermal lilies nerfed? And what flowers do you guys use for mana generation?

alphaest

Jul 29, 2019
What Botania flowers actually disappear? Nightshade, Daybloom, anything else? How about the water one? How are thermal lilies nerfed? And what flowers do you guys use for mana generation?

Not far into the game but the water one went poof just like daybloom and nightshade. Therma hasn't gone for me yet, but it's most likely because I'm a poor supplier for it.

imalish

Jul 29, 2019
You mention pumping lava.... how ? the recipe for the BC pump seems broken (needs uncraftable iron pickaxe)

imalish

Jul 29, 2019
I started with 4 dayblooms and 4 nightshades ... used them to make altar and 4 thermalilies ... now i feed them coal blocks and have mana for days ^_^

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019

Daybloom, Nightshade and the waterones disappear after a while. Everything else is fine.
The thermalilies have a (quiet long) cooldown between their mana-producing-times. So you get still alot of mana out of them, but not constant stream of mana anymore because of the cooldown till they can eat the next lava.

The beginning the endoflames are great. What I personally might try once I'm back at this point are the leaf-eating-flower and the slime-eating flower. (Sorry, the names are a bit difficult so I cannot remember them).
Especially the slime-eating one should be easy to feed with the pneumaticcraft-slimeplant-seeds, since you can spawn slime whenever you want.

BrowserXL

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I have seen most of them aren't mapwise. Most people running a youtube series have started in an earlier version and dragged the map along (myself included).
The problem as a youtuber with karmar amazingly high tempo is that it is difficult to keep the series up to date, since mechanisms might change along the way. Its ok, but will always render parts of the series obselete. Thats why I have chosen to drop the tutorial aspect and focus more on the fun of getting your behind wacked by some juggernauts while climbing a volcano ;)

myhv

Jul 29, 2019
Daybloom, Nightshade and the waterones disappear after a while. Everything else is fine.
The thermalilies have a (quiet long) cooldown between their mana-producing-times. So you get still alot of mana out of them, but not constant stream of mana anymore because of the cooldown till they can eat the next lava.

The beginning the endoflames are great. What I personally might try once I'm back at this point are the leaf-eating-flower and the slime-eating flower. (Sorry, the names are a bit difficult so I cannot remember them).
Especially the slime-eating one should be easy to feed with the pneumaticcraft-slimeplant-seeds, since you can spawn slime whenever you want.

Thanks, I'll try it out... Once I'm done building a huge green house >_> Why can't I just be happy with harden clay shacks, takes so much time to get in to any mod I've skipped.

As far as I have seen most of them aren't mapwise. Most people running a youtube series have started in an earlier version and dragged the map along (myself included).
The problem as a youtuber with karmar amazingly high tempo is that it is difficult to keep the series up to date, since mechanisms might change along the way. Its ok, but will always render parts of the series obselete. Thats why I have chosen to drop the tutorial aspect and focus more on the fun of getting your behind wacked by some juggernauts while climbing a volcano ;)

Yeah, it seems like most blast off series degraded to that (or remained there in some cases), which is a shame. But that's the problem with making series on a pack that is actively being changed I guess, and not everyone is willing to put in the time to make sure everything still works after each update.

Too bad, really, since this pack is by no means user-friendly, quests don't do a good job guiding you, and having knowledge about each separate mod does not mean you'll know how to use it here. You'll have less problems, but that's about the extend of it. So having a decent tutorial-like series would of been great.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
The hydroangeas and all flowers that give free mana for nothing die off, because they give free mana for nothing.

which video streams are most informative and up to date?
(youtube videos)
I keep mine up to date.

But I have been playing for a while so the older videos are not up to date.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I'll try it out... Once I'm done building a huge green house >_> Why can't I just be happy with harden clay shacks, takes so much time to get in to any mod I've skipped.

Yeah, it seems like most blast off series degraded to that (or remained there in some cases), which is a shame. But that's the problem with making series on a pack that is actively being changed I guess, and not everyone is willing to put in the time to make sure everything still works after each update.

Too bad, really, since this pack is by no means user-friendly, quests don't do a good job guiding you, and having knowledge about each separate mod does not mean you'll know how to use it here. You'll have less problems, but that's about the extend of it. So having a decent tutorial-like series would of been great.
Most of the time the problem is that people/youtubers dont READ the quests! Some quests are extra long to explain in detail what you are supposed to do....

As of 1.2.8 I havent updated the pack for more then a month so I dont see any reason to still complain about game play changes....

Reactions: buggirlexpres

cemicles

Jul 29, 2019
I made a tree farm to make charcoal. Used charcoal to power endoflames. I use a botania dropper hooked up to a pressure plate to keep coal available, if charcoal is on the pressure plate the dropper will not drop more.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Most of the time the problem is that people/youtubers dont READ the quests! Some quests are extra long to explain in detail what you are supposed to do....

As of 1.2.8 I havent updated the pack for more then a month so I dont see any reason to still complain about game play changes....
True, the quests do explain things in detail.

I made a tree farm to make charcoal. Used charcoal to power endoflames. I use a botania dropper hooked up to a pressure plate to keep coal available, if charcoal is on the pressure plate the dropper will not drop more.
lol cool, I would have just used a timer and hoped that the timer worked but a reverse input pressure plate... yeah...

myhv

Jul 29, 2019

While they do explain some things, they do a very poor job of explaining how it's used and benefits, at least the early ones. I did a test by allowing a friend of mine, who had some experience with MC and mods in general, but it's rather limited and outdated, complete all flaxbeard's quests on his own. By the end he still had no idea how to actually use the things he created and only real comment from him was "I hope I will never have to use crucible again".

Regarding reading everything I can't be 100% sure, but when it came to botania, first thing he did is went through the entirety of Lexicon Botania.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
While they do explain some things, they do a very poor job of explaining how it's used and benefits, at least the early ones. I did a test by allowing a friend of mine, who had some experience with MC and mods in general, but it's rather limited and outdated, complete all flaxbeard's quests on his own. By the end he still had no idea how to actually use the things he created and only real comment from him was "I hope I will never have to use crucible again".

Regarding reading everything I can't be 100% sure, but when it came to botania, first thing he did is went through the entirety of Lexicon Botania.
I am not supposed to explain how to use everything in a single mod... Like how mojang didnt explain how to make automated farm with the piston.... Its all up to your creativity....

Reactions: BrowserXL

BrowserXL

Jul 29, 2019
I am not supposed to explain how to use everything in a single mod... Like how mojang didnt explain how to make automated farm with the piston.... Its all up to your creativity....

Quite true in my eyes. Yet the problem here is that you have an extensive Wiki at your finger tips to learn the basics ... apart from the fact that vanilla mc is far less complex. I wonder whether it would make sense to compile some links on the various mod wikis that are around. That way the different usages of stuff in the pack would be clearer for some people.

Mattsson

Jul 29, 2019
Karma anyway about your report dupe / bugs.

Maricultur pearls can easily be duped. enchant pearls with lvl 3 enchant and get two with the same enchant. Then wipe them off with a spellbinding cloth and you dupe them.

Iron Golem soul can not be placed in a spawner even as it is possible to get the soul from the repeatable quest. Making it quite useless I guess.

Energy system is bugged as well. Or well maybe not bugged just not thought through at all. Will not comment on how because then you will proberly go out of your way again to make it even more rediculusly hard so you barely can power 1 machine with 20x advanced solar panels.

And I know this is not a bug but come on. Oxygen collector in an nasa work bench? Come on. Do not even make sense. Only reason it is there is because it is the worst machine in the game to build.

About quests.

Space station. Why would you force people to make a rocket without any chests in it to compleat the quest? Just silly.

Still a lot of quests that got the wrong number of items needed to be compleated.

Yes I know I kinda wrote this in a rude way. But I wrote him a longer pm about some other bugs and my thoughts on that the mod really only use about 4 resources in total. And he could not even respond so.

Foxdemon

Jul 29, 2019
1 little question: Is the wither different from vanilla? (And with different i mean SUPERDUPERSTRONK like the other mobs)

PS i am aware that it can be infernal if you have bad luck