Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
"We are your parents, so we should decide everything for you. You should be a brainless zombie following all our orders."

Reactions: 1SDAN

WitherBlaster

Jul 29, 2019
"We are your parents, so we should decide everything for you. You should be a brainless zombie following all our orders."
This is every parent in the eyes of their child(ren). Especially my parents. Nothing is more infuriating than asking your parents why, and receiving the response "because I said so"

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
I'm both to stubborn and too clever (or possibly mature) for that to work. I figured out at a surprisingly young age that the only power other than direct physical might that another human being has over you is the power you grant them. All scoial power is actually in the weaker party. It's the same concept that BDSM submissives have known for ages. The sub has the true power in the dynamic.

I obviously knew my mother could kick me out, not feed me, or physically punish me. So it's not like I went crazy or anything. But if I didn't get a satisfactory explanation, I simply refused to do whatever-it-was. "Because I said so" quit being a valid response to "why" before I hit puberty. Lead to a very healthy relationship with her. Mom's basically my best friend now, because we treat each other like actual human beings.

Note: I seriously don't endorse trying this yourself. If you are still a child, doing this is probably a disaster waiting to happen. I choose to assume I was a lucky fluke, and you probably should too. The observation is also a gross oversimplification.

Reactions: Padfoote and 1SDAN

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm both to stubborn and too clever (or possibly mature) for that to work. I figured out at a surprisingly young age that the only power other than direct physical might that another human being has over you is the power you grant them. All scoial power is actually in the weaker party. It's the same concept that BDSM submissives have known for ages. The sub has the true power in the dynamic.

I obviously knew my mother could kick me out, not feed me, or physically punish me. So it's not like I went crazy or anything. But if I didn't get a satisfactory explanation, I simply refused to do whatever-it-was. "Because I said so" quit being a valid response to "why" before I hit puberty. Lead to a very healthy relationship with her. Mom's basically my best friend now, because we treat each other like actual human beings.

Note: I seriously don't endorse trying this yourself. If you are still a child, doing this is probably a disaster waiting to happen. I choose to assume I was a lucky fluke, and you probably should too. The observation is also a gross oversimplification.
I do kinda the same thing at school. If you give me no reason to do something I will slap something I didn't try on on the paper. For one reason and one reason only. The education system
  1. Is just terrible
  2. Doesn't know how to handle advanced/unadvanced students
  3. Most of the time there is no justification of their actions

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
This is not necessarily a thing someone said, but what a few people did. The past couple of day's I been working on a modpack for a server for me and my friends. Optimizing it, fixing bugs, editing conflix, you know the usual things you do when you make a modpack. Apparently a few people were having lag problems. I was really busy trying to fix said problems and when I finally finish all of that, they go off and make they're own modpack with Orespawn and a bunch of other stupid mods. I was pissed enough that I did all that work for nothing, but when the modpack breaks, they have the audacity to ask me to fix it. -_- After that, I pretty much stopped making private modpacks for people.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
This is not necessarily a thing someone said, but what a few people did. The past couple of day's I been working on a modpack for a server for me and my friends. Optimizing it, fixing bugs, editing conflix, you know the usual things you do when you make a modpack. Apparently a few people were having lag problems. I was really busy trying to fix said problems and when I finally finish all of that, they go off and make they're own modpack with Orespawn and a bunch of other stupid mods. I was pissed enough that I did all that work for nothing, but when the modpack breaks, they have the audacity to ask me to fix it. -_- After that, I pretty much stopped making private modpacks for people.
Why are you the one they looked for, to fix a modpack that they compiled?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Why are so many people using mcmod.info files? You know it can be done without adding useless files, right?
Metadata is not completely useless :)

Last edited:

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Doesn't know how to handle advanced/unadvanced students
I had a class once with the special needs kids and the kids who were labeled as "smart" and would go off and do "smart" things. It was a disgusting class. The teacher had to teach at a low level for the special needs kids, which caused the smarter kids to screw around and goof off all the time because there wasn't anything for them to do since the work was so easy. Absolutely awful year of school. Pretty sure I learned nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.