Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, I'm like completely the opposite. I could swear I exude animal sedative pheromones or something (I blame growing up with both my families raising animals. My maternal family raised dogs and horses, and my dad runs a petting zoo) . I have been over to people's houses and had the owners gasp in shock that I'm petting their cat/dog/ferret/whatever and not being mauled to death, or that whichever animal it was isn't hiding in some dark corner somewhere.

Do you have any pets Reika? Like even a goldfish? Or just not a pet person?

@RavynousHunter, Toki is a very pretty kitty, but I've always had a soft spot for black cats :) Is Toki an American Short-hair or do you not know?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Huh, I'm like completely the opposite. I could swear I exude animal sedative pheromones or something (I blame growing up with both my families raising animals. My maternal family raised dogs and horses, and my dad runs a petting zoo) . I have been over to people's houses and had the owners gasp in shock that I'm petting their cat/dog/ferret/whatever and not being mauled to death, or that whichever animal it was isn't hiding in some dark corner somewhere.
Every time I went to someone else's house and they had a dog, it bit me...

Do you have any pets Reika? Like even a goldfish? Or just not a pet person?
My family used to have betta fish (one at a time), but they lasted less than a year each; we then (initially as a spur-of-the-moment decision) moved to having dwarf hamsters (3 successive sets of 2 each), but even then I was often afraid of being bitten, and like before their lifespans (2 years) made it often painful.

Since then, I have not had any pets nor any real desire to do so, because I would rather not go through that again.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
About the problem with X-ray mods:
Someone said:
No one forces any mod on you, so you don't have to use it. But don't force your values on another player. If you have a server, then stop the use of the mod on it. If you are playing on a server which permits the x-ray mod, find another server to play Minecraft. The PC version has Spectator mode which is like x-ray mod. I like to use it to find Zombies under my villages. No one forces me to use the mode. Don't like what's on a TV channel change it! It is that simple. Have a nice day!
>.<

Geckogamer

Jul 29, 2019
Every time I went to someone else's house and they had a dog, it bit me...

I am also afraid for dogs for almost the exact same reason

I was 4 at my grandmother and i 'think' i had stepped on the tail of her dog

send from a thing

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Then bite it back.
You'd both be surprised how well that works, and how spectacularly it backfires. Playing the "I'm more dominant than you" card will either cow a dog or enrage it... and there's no way to tell which beforehand.

I'm curious as to how my dogs would act around you considering their training.

Took me a few tries to get this looking right.
I thought you programmed them. I mean you did build your K-9 units yourself.
(With that username and avatar, the joke was too easy. Sorry :))

Judging by the stories Reika has shared, I'm betting they would be acting uncomfortable. I'm really trying to figure out a way to phrase my armchair assessment of what it sounds like the problem might be... but every way I phrase it just sounds like I'm picking on Reika. Basically I blame body language. Humans and dogs have pretty similar body language, and even cats can read us pretty well.

About the problem with X-ray mods:
Someone said:
No one forces any mod on you, so you don't have to use it. But don't force your values on another player. If you have a server, then stop the use of the mod on it. If you are playing on a server which permits the x-ray mod, find another server to play Minecraft. The PC version has Spectator mode which is like x-ray mod. I like to use it to find Zombies under my villages. No one forces me to use the mode. Don't like what's on a TV channel change it! It is that simple. Have a nice day!
>.<
Are we allowed to punch the "don't like it, don't play it" people yet? I mean I get the sentiment, but it really isn't that simple and they ought to know that. They piss me off nearly as much as the people that don't understand the power of defaults.

I think he's an American short-hair. He may be a Bombay, going by his energy alone...that, or he has ADHD, lol.
Well, he's a cat I think they all have ADHD, goes with being a predator of some WICKED fast prey (rodents are absurdly fast if you're used to seeing bigger animals move)

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Are we allowed to punch the "don't like it, don't play it" people yet? I mean I get the sentiment, but it really isn't that simple and they ought to know that. They piss me off nearly as much as the people that don't understand the power of defaults.
Depends on the case. If you don't like my ToU, don't use my mods. But in this case... It's such a stupid solution. It would never work.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Judging by the stories Reika has shared, I'm betting they would be acting uncomfortable. I'm really trying to figure out a way to phrase my armchair assessment of what it sounds like the problem might be... but every way I phrase it just sounds like I'm picking on Reika. Basically I blame body language. Humans and dogs have pretty similar body language, and even cats can read us pretty well.
That is what others have said as well - or "they can smell fear" - but that does not explain cases where I was not aware of the dog until attacked, or the first time where I was attacked when getting off a school bus.

Reactions: 1SDAN

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe they figure you as a threat to their owners? They are way more sensitive then humans (for example sensing earthquakes) and, I would assume, they perceive you as a threat do to your abnormality. Or maybe they sense fear, who knows? I haven't picked a dog brain before to find out

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Animals don't really smell fear, they read your body language. Some people just unconsciously walk, talk, and hold themselves in such a way that they're perceived as targets. Either prey or threat, but both are still immediate targets. But I think we're off topic again.

Drat, I don't have any stories from my past to share about when I was an idiot about modded MC... I think I blocked out those memories :p

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

And the people who TL-DR a thread [then proceed to 'contribute' to the discussion].

Status
Not open for further replies.