[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious how you are using the cauldron server. As far as I know, cauldron stopped making files at 1236.05.212. Everytime i try to use it, it says it has a problem even beginning.

Short answer: Not easily, it's always a chore.

Longer answer: Dezil_NZ would be the guy to talk to about it. He's on mumble most nights (NZ time) and might be able to help. I'd suggest sending him a PM and setting up a time to ask some questions on it. Goshen on prospercraft is also both very knowledgeble and very helpful. I on the other hand, am a parrot that can repeat much knowledge taught to me, but know absolutely nothing about running a server :).

Reactions: GreatOrator

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing today with my server up when my power went out.

Now my power is back up, but when I run the server it asks me to type /fml confirm or fml cancel.

When I type /fml confirm is just asks for the same options.

It says forge mod loader detects that the backup level.dat is being used.

It also says it could be caused by bug or corruption, and continuing can damage my world beyond repair.

Any ideas?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing today with my server up when my power went out.

Now my power is back up, but when I run the server it asks me to type /fml confirm or fml cancel.

When I type /fml confirm is just asks for the same options.

It says forge mod loader detects that the backup level.dat is being used.

It also says it could be caused by bug or corruption, and continuing can damage my world beyond repair.

Any ideas?
Sounds like the power outage corrupted your files
I have fastcraft installed, it's not enough...
Not sure what else. If you are using the JVM arguments and fastcraft that is typically more than enough for most (That's all I use) optifine usually is in substitution of fastcraft because honestly, if fastcraft isn't improving things, good chance optifine won't either)

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Just curious how you are using the cauldron server. As far as I know, cauldron stopped making files at 1236.05.212. Everytime i try to use it, it says it has a problem even beginning.
Getting it to run and getting it to stay up and running with the distance of it's forge version and the current pack's compiled to-versions is indeed a hassle. Essentially, you have to have a copy of latest cauldron from original site which isn't available anymore, or from the author's page that is two jar files. There are alot of malicious files out there that pretend to be cauldron but are not.

At this point in time however, the problems that occur and the intangible problems that don't flat out error out but cause strangeness in the world are just too much effort right now to maintain a server. I maintain one or two servers at the moment and have no hair left with all the issues that have come up over the past couple months. If you have alot of time to spare then I'm sure they are addressable, but TBH, you are much better waiting for 1.8 and sponge and things of it's ilk.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So, been playing for a couple of days. some things of note:
1) as others have talked about, the items not stacking once you drop them on the floor. what mod is causing this? I started thaumcraft and now I have SO many non stackable items now that I dropped them to scan them. I did notice that for ender chests, I was getting free diamonds this way. Drop a just made ender chest, pick it up, it's diamonded. I'm assuming this has something to do with nbt data being added to dropped item?

2) I've now done the quest for golems in sewers twice for the one tc guy in mage guild. I assume this repeats ad nauseum until he has something better to say? Is there a way to close down those lines of conversation once quest is done?

3) I guess I will downgrade the railcraft since I too cannot see any of the quests or what they require. Running 2.4.1. Does that automagically fix all the hqm stf?

4) when you get the botania 2(?) quest from mage guild, she says "use this flower [pure daisy]" but nothing is given to me.

5) botania 1 also still shows "altar of light" instead of botania's petal apothecary as quest item needed.

Setup a grinder using draconia mod. Like it. I stole the sword from the captain's office and loving it as well. I really do feel the need to add EIO but am trying to find ways around it. The biggest pita for me was having to make a QED to do energy manipulation using EXU. don't get me started on buildcraft. after you add quite a few machines, they just can't keep up no matter what. add augments to machines and forget it. I hope the TE conduits come soon. Sure would be nice to have SFM here as well but I see why you don't want these things in this pack.

Bugs:

1) have had 2 ctd's while manipulating inventory. stack trace was really not conclusive as to what caused the issue.

2) I had 2 wierd glitches upgrading tinkers stf (one pick and one set of crossbow bolts). the former ended up with 2 auto-added repairs (not stacking), one ended up getting a second level assigned to it. The latter had a ctd and when I came back up, it had a +99 attack rating. so yeah. that set of bolts is a keeper :)

3) The terrain gen hasn't been kind to your updates and the area around draconia is pocked with huge disparities between one biome shifting drastically to another, etc.

EDIT: I decided to add nbtedit to game to investigate this issue with non stacking items. Turns out it adds a section and adds the player's UUID to it. that is the only difference. how odd?

BerryRJ

Jul 29, 2019
Going through the quests again I noticed a spelling error. I don't remember if this has been mentioned before so here it is, just after seeing the King for the first time. Village is missing an 'L'.

Edit: Yeah, I just keep finding little errors so I am just going to go through the customnpcs folder and fix them myself. I'll put the edited files into a 7zip file and post that. Should be fairly soon.

Last edited:

Saeko

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded the pack and the map today, I got that error when I tried to launch the world :
upload_2015-2-21_13-35-2.png

Did I do something wrong ?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So, been playing for a couple of days. some things of note:
1) as others have talked about, the items not stacking once you drop them on the floor. what mod is causing this? I started thaumcraft and now I have SO many non stackable items now that I dropped them to scan them. I did notice that for ender chests, I was getting free diamonds this way. Drop a just made ender chest, pick it up, it's diamonded. I'm assuming this has something to do with nbt data being added to dropped item?

2) I've now done the quest for golems in sewers twice for the one tc guy in mage guild. I assume this repeats ad nauseum until he has something better to say? Is there a way to close down those lines of conversation once quest is done?

3) I guess I will downgrade the railcraft since I too cannot see any of the quests or what they require. Running 2.4.1. Does that automagically fix all the hqm stf?

4) when you get the botania 2(?) quest from mage guild, she says "use this flower [pure daisy]" but nothing is given to me.

5) botania 1 also still shows "altar of light" instead of botania's petal apothecary as quest item needed.

Setup a grinder using draconia mod. Like it. I stole the sword from the captain's office and loving it as well. I really do feel the need to add EIO but am trying to find ways around it. The biggest pita for me was having to make a QED to do energy manipulation using EXU. don't get me started on buildcraft. after you add quite a few machines, they just can't keep up no matter what. add augments to machines and forget it. I hope the TE conduits come soon. Sure would be nice to have SFM here as well but I see why you don't want these things in this pack.

Bugs:

1) have had 2 ctd's while manipulating inventory. stack trace was really not conclusive as to what caused the issue.

2) I had 2 wierd glitches upgrading tinkers stf (one pick and one set of crossbow bolts). the former ended up with 2 auto-added repairs (not stacking), one ended up getting a second level assigned to it. The latter had a ctd and when I came back up, it had a +99 attack rating. so yeah. that set of bolts is a keeper :)

3) The terrain gen hasn't been kind to your updates and the area around draconia is pocked with huge disparities between one biome shifting drastically to another, etc.

EDIT: I decided to add nbtedit to game to investigate this issue with non stacking items. Turns out it adds a section and adds the player's UUID to it. that is the only difference. how odd?
The item stacking this is being caused by one of the mods, though have yet to identify which one (my guess is it is thaumic tinker again, was the issue last time) but still trying to narrow it down.

Terrain gen I had no way around it unfortunately, with all the dramatic changes to mods over time it was bound to happen, just hope that what is provided outweighs the oddities :)

Yes, golem quest is repeatable, but as you get further along the quest chain he will offer more of the main quest line.

As for stealing certain items, testing something that may fix that in some cases.

The botania quest you should have that in your inventory, if not I will take a look at the quest to make sure.

The next update (hoping to have it submitted this weekend) will have the downgrade to railcraft and unfortunately no, will not fix it if you downgrade, I spent much time fixing that issue.
I downloaded the pack and the map today, I got that error when I tried to launch the world :
View attachment 15190
Did I do something wrong ?
That is normal and will not affect game play.
Going through the quests again I noticed a spelling error. I don't remember if this has been mentioned before so here it is, just after seeing the King for the first time. Village is missing an 'L'.

Edit: Yeah, I just keep finding little errors so I am just going to go through the customnpcs folder and fix them myself. I'll put the edited files into a 7zip file and post that. Should be fairly soon.
Awesome, can always use a bit of help with proof reading, so have at ye. Just if you can, please provide a list of dialogs/quests you edited when you finish.

BerryRJ

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome, can always use a bit of help with proof reading, so have at ye. Just if you can, please provide a list of dialogs/quests you edited when you finish.

Here you go GO. I have only included the files I edited so if after looking at the change log you see no issues with what I have done messing with something you have done, then just drag and drop ;P
Glad I could help!

Note: I could not upload a .7z file so I just added the .txt after. I promise it is not a virus ;)

Attachments

• template (edited).7z.txt
    16.3 KB · Views: 75

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
The item stacking this is being caused by one of the mods, though have yet to identify which one (my guess is it is thaumic tinker again, was the issue last time) but still trying to narrow it down.

Terrain gen I had no way around it unfortunately, with all the dramatic changes to mods over time it was bound to happen, just hope that what is provided outweighs the oddities :)

Yes, golem quest is repeatable, but as you get further along the quest chain he will offer more of the main quest line.

As for stealing certain items, testing something that may fix that in some cases.

The botania quest you should have that in your inventory, if not I will take a look at the quest to make sure.

The next update (hoping to have it submitted this weekend) will have the downgrade to railcraft and unfortunately no, will not fix it if you downgrade, I spent much time fixing that issue.

That is normal and will not affect game play.

yeah, please don't take my comments as criticisms. Just trying to be helpful and add to the discussion. I TOTALLY understand how a project like this gets a life of it's own and it's own momentum and becomes like trying to give a pedicure to godzilla as he destroys tokyo... :)

I probably erroneously stated it was the user's UUID that was added to item but realized when I woke up and read your reply that the uuid could be of the item or something along those lines. I'd assume the mod that's causing this has some form of in world crafting associated to it? Botania, AE2 come to mind but I seriously doubt either of those have anything to do with this. The draconia mod allows you to place items in world but it's slightly different. I'm pretty much a newb when it comes to thaumcraft so can't help you with any of those.

Technically speaking tho, the nbt info it stores is one tag block. has one uuid in it as it's only parameter. removing that tag block allows item to be stacked again. I've played a lot of 1.7.10 packs, played with a lot of mods in those packs and have never had this particular issue come up. RR3 has all the thaumcraft mods except the thaumic exploration(?) one. Never seen this issue before. Is there any way that draconic evolution is causing this since it seems to be one of the only ones (in addition to lotr) that I haven't seen in other packs?

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019

#2 i had issues with this quest as well, i get the quest from him and he says to find the mage council (already there lol) so i fly out and fly in and woila found the mage council. Second, i completed the quest and it never auto completed for me till the next rl day. Custom NPCs can be a bit screwy with that but at least i could move on.

#3 i downgraded and could see the quests again in my book but i havent tried to complete them yet. stuff around town is missing but that will be fixed with an updated map.

#4 i never got the daisy and neither did my friends playing the quest as well.

#5 i went into the quest with the wand to make sure it was a petal apothecary because you can actually make an altar of light. this could be a screwy Custom NPCs issue as well.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Here you go GO. I have only included the files I edited so if after looking at the change log you see no issues with what I have done messing with something you have done, then just drag and drop ;P
Glad I could help!

Note: I could not upload a .7z file so I just added the .txt after. I promise it is not a virus ;)
Thank you! I will spend some time making sure that none of them were quests or dialogs I had edited for other reason, but, thank you again!
yeah, please don't take my comments as criticisms. Just trying to be helpful and add to the discussion. I TOTALLY understand how a project like this gets a life of it's own and it's own momentum and becomes like trying to give a pedicure to godzilla as he destroys tokyo... :)

I probably erroneously stated it was the user's UUID that was added to item but realized when I woke up and read your reply that the uuid could be of the item or something along those lines. I'd assume the mod that's causing this has some form of in world crafting associated to it? Botania, AE2 come to mind but I seriously doubt either of those have anything to do with this. The draconia mod allows you to place items in world but it's slightly different. I'm pretty much a newb when it comes to thaumcraft so can't help you with any of those.

Technically speaking tho, the nbt info it stores is one tag block. has one uuid in it as it's only parameter. removing that tag block allows item to be stacked again. I've played a lot of 1.7.10 packs, played with a lot of mods in those packs and have never had this particular issue come up. RR3 has all the thaumcraft mods except the thaumic exploration(?) one. Never seen this issue before. Is there any way that draconic evolution is causing this since it seems to be one of the only ones (in addition to lotr) that I haven't seen in other packs?
It very well could be, the last time we had this issue though it was thaumic tinker that caused it iirc, but the search goes on. From what I have learned, it is something to do with adding the extra tag as the result of some type of null check.
Okey thanks, the game seem normal so far but I fear that I might think some oddities in the future, something like that once happened to me before and I found my world having trees with thaumcraft furnances instead of leaves...
This is true, but unless you had placed any of those three items in-game yourself, in this case should have no impact.
#2 i had issues with this quest as well, i get the quest from him and he says to find the mage council (already there lol) so i fly out and fly in and woila found the mage council. Second, i completed the quest and it never auto completed for me till the next rl day. Custom NPCs can be a bit screwy with that but at least i could move on.

#3 i downgraded and could see the quests again in my book but i havent tried to complete them yet. stuff around town is missing but that will be fixed with an updated map.

#4 i never got the daisy and neither did my friends playing the quest as well.

#5 i went into the quest with the wand to make sure it was a petal apothecary because you can actually make an altar of light. this could be a screwy Custom NPCs issue as well.
I looked at the three botania quests, and it shouldn't be taking the pure daisy, and the reward was something completely different, but will look again to make sure.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
After mining with a hammer for a couple of hours to find 4 mithril, i'm suggesting a project on our server:

-We start at westgate. Players mine in a generally eastward direction. With as much hitting rocks as it takes to get mithril, we'll have Moria hollowed out in no time :)

Not sure even why i want it, as I'm playing evil. :) But the stinking Elves wants it, so I'm getting me some!

Saeko

Jul 29, 2019
Is it really ok to give the angel ring (infinite creative fly) as a possible reward in the first reward bag ? This kinda break the game.