[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Shonuff

Jul 29, 2019
On my server, the Chocobo dealer is missing. I'm unsure if he perished and has not respawned; or if he's stuck in the world somewhere. I think his name was 'Logman'(?).

Is there a way to force the Chocobo dealer to respawn? I don't find a clone for him in the customnpc tabs.

Reactions: GreatOrator

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
On my server, the Chocobo dealer is missing. I'm unsure if he perished and has not respawned; or if he's stuck in the world somewhere. I think his name was 'Logman'(?).

Is there a way to force the Chocobo dealer to respawn? I don't find a clone for him in the customnpc tabs.

I have two of him, maybe i got yours? And who has my bandits then ? ...:)

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
My first girlfriend was the cutest npc I've ever seen. On the adventure back to the castle she was sadly eaten alive by grizzly bears. It was sad to watch, and almost felt real lol.

If I ever find a way to bring her back to life things will get awkward.

Sideshow

Jul 29, 2019
My first girlfriend was the cutest npc I've ever seen. On the adventure back to the castle she was sadly eaten alive by grizzly bears. It was sad to watch, and almost felt real lol.

If I ever find a way to bring her back to life things will get awkward.

This reminds me of a quote (changed ever so slightly to apply here). "Don’t go beyond, no matter how much you feel you need to, Sqitchy. The barrier was not made to be broken. Remember this: there is more power here than you know. It is old and always restless. Remember."

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to kill chaos dragons, also they are so far away I crash the server each time I fly to one.
Brandon has been working on a fix, as soon as it is you can be sure this pack will have it first!

Unfortunately no, short of replacing the region folder from the template...still trying to find a fix but I think this has to do with chunks loading/unloading

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
Well, whatever you use to zip the modpack file or the specific jars from CodeChicken and CoFH core isnt working with my Mac server but it does run on the PC.

so found the issue i have been having. interesting it only effects the CoFH mods. The mac wasn't recognizing how the mods were zipped and for some reason Java 6 was still on my mac even though I have java 8.

https://github.com/CoFH/Feedback/issues/77

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
TolkienCraft II, I had made a pack on 1.6.4. As far as optifine, results will vary, try it and find out. But tech questions you need to contact the optifine dev.
I added optifine to the mods list and NOTHING HAPPENED! I'm sorry for the caps. My computer is a bit too weak for this pack... It takes about 30 minutes to open up the pack...

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
ok guys as well as hosting a dev server for @GreatOrator were we are doing allot of the building for new map content we now have a public server up for you guys, in the interest of finding bugs this is running a version of Tolkien craft not currently available on the FTB launcher but if you head over to our site details on how to get this version and get on the server can be found there https://www.lolnet.co.nz/viewforum.php?f=165
in the interest of not spamming this post if you find a bug that is server specific please post about it in out tolkiencraft section and as we start to get the server more stable and find all the little things to make it easy ill post it back here and have GO link to it from the OP post

Cheers Dez

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
When i run this beautiful modpack, i'm stuck at the mojang screen, or in the black... screen.... help?
Would need a log of some kind to help. Most times the cause is not enough memory
Just saw the new thermal dynamics pipes on Direwolf's forgecraft series, v.excite!
Seems they may actually be a thing soon :)
and yes! saw it too, /me is very excited!

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Just a couple of notes on the Lolnet server.
-It's a bit of a WIP. Partly because we are affected by, and trying to fix, some things that are problems unique to servers, or servers using cauldron. So there are some bugs that can occur on servers that you won't get in singleplayer. Report these when you can on forums or using /modreq ingame.
-Server is on hardmode (difficulty3) and I may have tweaked a few config files to change a few things.
-Cities of Dragonburg, Wyvernhaven, Hobbiton, and Draconis are protected. You'll have to go aways out to build. You will find in Draconis, near the mage tower, two mystcraft gates that take you quite a ways into the wilderness.
-We have a delay on /spawn of 10 seconds. You may use /sethome, since beds don't work. There is no /home command. Why, when we have spiffy purple orbs!
-Gravestones are off. Otherwise you could not get back items if you died in a protected area.
-No quarries. And some items that allow for duplication and griefing of others claims, (or destroying the world outright) are not available.
-No PVP. We thought about it, and while it makes sense with just the LOTR mod, the playing field is so uneven once someone progresses in any of the Magical mods, that it would just become a nightmare.

So a bit harder world. You'll have to up your Hero game.

Oh, and please be careful where you build :) We have several people building large projects on the Dev server, for GO to incorporate into future downloads. But these may pop up on our survival server a bit ealier, probably without the quest lines and other finishing touches at first. So if you build near Helms Deep, Minas Tirith, or Orthanc? well, you just might log in to find out your real estate is missing :) In most cases we are building near the appropriate waypoints, or just a bit off. Orthanc fit better in the meadow area just past the end of the road. Helms Deep is pretty much right at the waypoint. There will be smaller builds in places like Bree, BrandywineBridge area, and Rivendell. I've tried to put protections on those areas so people don't accidentally build to close. Ask in game if you have any questions.

Last edited:

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
Just a couple of notes on the Lolnet server.
-It's a bit of a WIP. Partly because we are affected by, and trying to fix, some things that are problems unique to servers, or servers using cauldron. So there are some bugs that can occur on servers that you won't get in singleplayer. Report these when you can on forums or using /modreq ingame.

Just curious how you are using the cauldron server. As far as I know, cauldron stopped making files at 1236.05.212. Everytime i try to use it, it says it has a problem even beginning.