[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

spyropulse

Jul 29, 2019
squitchy, i'd reccomend asking on the cauldron irc chat for help on that as cauldron is somewhat depreciated and is staying on the forge variant it is on right now (believe it stopped at 1240?).

Reactions: GreatOrator

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
The reason in ask here first is incase someone knows something in a config I don't know about. Sometimes in these types of situations this fourm tells me go to that fourm, that that fourm sends me back here. Just trying to save time and resources lol.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway if your saying you got cauldron to work fine and didn't have to config anything it must be on my end.

Why Java? WHY??

Also the cauldron forge site doesn't offer an option to sign up 0-0

Last edited:

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Hey thanks for that!

I have one more idea then I'll go over there and bug them for a bit.

I have this pinpointed to java alone. Something about java 8 isn't working for cauldron. It may be the reason cauldron took all their downloads off the site.

I have to figure out how to force cauldron to agree with Java 7, even though when I tried that it started asking for 8 again lol.

It's like cauldron can't work with Java 8, but since my computer knows java 8 was installed once I delete 8 and install 7 it's refusing to run because it's still looking for 8.

I'll figure this out. I can't sleep or do other activities knowing there is programming out there not working how I want it.

Eastern Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
I do something wrong? I have them in Book and NEI shows recipe (btw if try look Usage of components - wand don't show up)
FP1iybn.jpg
--------------------
Also, emm...
VVSBuqe.jpg
And after a while I have no king at all (also, lets say, farmer too)

spyropulse

Jul 29, 2019
I do something wrong? I have them in Book and NEI shows recipe (btw if try look Usage of components - wand don't show up)
FP1iybn.jpg
--------------------
Also, emm...
VVSBuqe.jpg

For the wand, check if the other cap is charged or not, and if you have infusion research, thaumium caps, silverwood rod, etc. However if you have all the researches required that is the right way to do it (costs 58 vis just to let ya know without any discounts, so may want to invest in robes if you have not).
also for the king picture... lol

Sideshow

Jul 29, 2019
FP1iybn.jpg

I ran into a similar problem last night when making a wand. In the end I found that the problem was with the ongoing bug of NBT data being added by dropping things on the ground. Just before I tried making the wand I threw the caps and rod on the ground to scan them for research points. After picking them back up and placing them in the arcane workbench it would no longer recognize them. I crafted a new rod and set of caps and those crafted into a wand as usual. I'm willing to bet this is the same problem you're having.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
FP1iybn.jpg
--------------------
Also, emm...
VVSBuqe.jpg
Can never have too many kings! and looks as though possibly the wand you are using does not have the right amount of vis.
did i load something in wrong or are the railcraft quests missing in the 2.4.1 version?
Pics so I can see what you are referring to.

Reactions: wrongcoder

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
FP1iybn.jpg
--------------------
if you go by what is in the pic you dont have any vis in the wand you have in your table, if there was vis in your wand it would sow up in the circles around the crafting grid

spyropulse

Jul 29, 2019
if you go by what is in the pic you dont have any vis in the wand you have in your table, if there was vis in your wand it would sow up in the circles around the crafting grid

If the wand was craftable, the vis count would show no matter if said wand had vis in it or not, it even shows up if you don't have a wand in the table. Which says it has to do with something along the lines of the materials being used to craft the silverwood wand.

Eastern Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
Possibly you're right about NBT, as caps are from reward bag (btw there seems to be 3 states nbt - good, dropped items and quest rewards 0_0), just in normal crafting nbt don't matters, wonder if in A Worktable it read NBT.
And yeah, if I didn't had enough vis - it still would show how many I need, what I don't see there.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway if your saying you got cauldron to work fine and didn't have to config anything it must be on my end.

Why Java? WHY??

Also the cauldron forge site doesn't offer an option to sign up 0-0

Oh, sorry if i gave any impression it went up the first time. We had some problems. We use quite a few plugins and need Cauldron, but it seems to have a high voodoo factor. Dez does all the technical side. I just play the spirit drum and invoke my ancestors to make it work. Best I can contribute. :)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Here are pics to show that i am missing the railcraft quests in the HQM book.

View attachment 14968
View attachment 14970
Are the quests themselves missing? or just the images on the quests? if the latter, I can look into it, but I have noticed rendering issues at times.
If the wand was craftable, the vis count would show no matter if said wand had vis in it or not, it even shows up if you don't have a wand in the table. Which says it has to do with something along the lines of the materials being used to craft the silverwood wand.
I have also seen the behavior in the table if the item has not been researched yet

Reactions: Arikast

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
it is missing the items to turn in the quests. it doesn't give the name of the item to turn in so i dont think its a rendering issue. i can't progress because i have no idea what to turn in.

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
it is missing the items to turn in the quests. it doesn't give the name of the item to turn in so i dont think its a rendering issue. i can't progress because i have no idea what to turn in.

that actually sounds like the mod its self is missing from your install or the item ids may have been changed by a mod you installed or for some reason the railcraft mod changed the item id's

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
is the server still down RangerX ?
edit
getting an error when i try to log in

internal exception: java.io.IOExeption: an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host