[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
Problem with that is with SMP, heck, from videos I have watched, even in SSP
doesnt work, i tried different shapes and sizes the portal doesnt work where you can fall into it and it port you, doesnt even work if you can walk through it... i thought you could port across the same dimension if you used a linking book and a portal?

guess maybe a charm of dislocation on a pedestal?

ok linking book deffenetly worked when i put it in the portal in the Ring Room in draconis

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
doesnt work, i tried different shapes and sizes the portal doesnt work where you can fall into it and it port you, doesnt even work if you can walk through it... i thought you could port across the same dimension if you used a linking book and a portal?

Well, like I said, gots some ideas for that area, just haven't implemented yet, trying to discourage too much tp inside middle-earth as it makes servers cry (even pc's)

Reactions: eDilettante

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in a single player world presently, the customnpcs textures of BirdMonster is missing, other animal npcs seem to be find, so far. I'll keep you posted.
Edit: CustomNpcs I know have odd pathing, but they dont' like vanilla doors today.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
any ideas on the "Council Summons" how do i spawn the one in they are looking for so i can continue with the questline?
What one in? After you get far enough the commander should offer the quest to speak to the mages.
I'm in a single player world presently, the customnpcs textures of BirdMonster is missing, other animal npcs seem to be find, so far. I'll keep you posted.
Edit: CustomNpcs I know have odd pathing, but they dont' like vanilla doors today.
Yeah, will get fixed, found out any models I used from the lotr mod are broken because he changed the path of his textures.

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019

ok linking book deffenetly worked when i put it in the portal in the Ring Room in draconis
You need to add intralinking to your book for it to work in the same world we were also testing this on our server last night and was doing the trick

arnHH

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, playing 2.4.1 from the beginning. So far only minor glitches, like Jax Quest III - Talking to Ahab. I talked to him but is answer is always, he is busy. Left his ship, talked to the dockworker again, but still, Ahab was still busy, did not continued the quest. Logoff and login again helped.

Same with the the reinforcement quest.

I like what you did with the starting quest from the king. The emerald coins make it much easier to see what you are suppose to get.

I can confirm, some NPCs like to open and close doors a lot. The bandits are still tough to face in the early game. A great drink from the bar helped a lot. Everything else looks good so far too.

I got iron armor with my Epic reward bag (bad luck I guess), much better Good reward bag: a set of generators.
My bed is calling now; it is getting late and I have to go to work tomorrow.

Thanks GO for this awesome mod pack and your continuous work of improvement. For all the other players, enjoy the game. :)

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
Tolkiencraft II Beta 2.4.1: New Content Test Drive Tonight!

I'll be streaming 2.4.1 tonight a single player world, prepped off-line to take us to the new content right away. I am so looking forward to seeing how the new overworld towns have changed since our first peek, and of course, to check out the new content in Middle Earth!

Start time is 8pm MST. I hope to see you all in the stream!
http://www.twitch.tv/valsnoisytoys

yahooo. will most certainly be watching VAL

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019

I like what you did with the starting quest from the king. The emerald coins make it much easier to see what you are suppose to get.

Ah... so the king "should" have a starting quest? ^^"
For me he only told me to get away before he calls his guards... guess I'm missing something important before I'm allowed to start it ^^"

Teraphina

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, playing 2.4.1 from the beginning. So far only minor glitches, like Jax Quest III - Talking to Ahab. I talked to him but is answer is always, he is busy. Left his ship, talked to the dockworker again, but still, Ahab was still busy, did not continued the quest. Logoff and login again helped.

Same with the the reinforcement quest.

I can confirm, some NPCs like to open and close doors a lot. The bandits are still tough to face in the early game. A great drink from the bar helped a lot. Everything else looks good so far too.

I got iron armor with my Epic reward bag (bad luck I guess), much better Good reward bag: a set of generators.
My bed is calling now; it is getting late and I have to go to work tomorrow.

Thanks GO for this awesome mod pack and your continuous work of improvement. For all the other players, enjoy the game. :)
all you have to do is get far enough away, you just need to get about 100 blocks away or a little less and it will let you continue, that has been like that for a while.

What one in? After you get far enough the commander should offer the quest to speak to the mages.

i have started the quest from the commander, the item he gives you (the paper named "Council Summons") isnt being seen by the quest in the quest tracker.

teagan75

Jul 29, 2019
been having an issue getting a server to start up. been running a server for a while for just some friends. If this is not the place to put this i am sorry. I tried using the download for the server and the download for the client...neither works. Keeps saying missing mods and that it cant open thermal expansion.

http://pastebin.com/f7TZUU0m

Not sure what the cause is, double checked the server archive and the client archive and they have the right files in them and the test server i use starts right up with no issues. Make sure you are using the latest versions.

Well, whatever you use to zip the modpack file or the specific jars from CodeChicken and CoFH core isnt working with my Mac server but it does run on the PC.

Brandon3055

Jul 29, 2019
OMG OMG OMG you did it Brandon thank you thank you thank you, (the ability to move locations up and down in the advanced charm) though the buttons are not displaying correctly but they work.

Yea... I used some ASCII symbols for the arrows which apparently don't exist in some countries. It will be fixed in the next release. If i remember...

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I completed all of the first questline tonite in 2.4.1. Had a couple of spots where i had npc's not responding. In some cases it was fixed by getting right on them, and at some point they recognized me. Twice i logged out/in and it gave it to me. Bandits on difficulty3 were tough, but a few choice brews helps a ton. Then ran off to work more on Brandy Hall when i think a chunk of NZ internet went down. Probably a good thing, too many 5am runs this week building and working on servers. Started one of my lackeys clearing out a large area near the isenguard waypoint to start the Orthanc project. Even with world edit, that's a big circle to clear out of the landscape :)

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
I appear to have replicated my problem with the custom npcs. I accepted the hqm quest reward of town tour, and all my custom npcs quests vanished. I don't know how to control Custom NPCs to fix, so letting you know this can be replicated on a fresh world.
Edit: How do you fix your CustomNpcs questlines? Do I need to replace the folder?

Last edited:

arnHH

Jul 29, 2019
Ah... so the king "should" have a starting quest? ^^"
For me he only told me to get away before he calls his guards... guess I'm missing something important before I'm allowed to start it ^^"
At the marketplace hang around the fountain and talk to the to sitting guys. Listen to their conversation. After a while they say, they heard the King is summoning you. That's when your quest begins.