Ender IO and Thermal expansion not working together

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dierke9

Jul 29, 2019
Hi

i have both Ender IO and Thermal expansion but they don't work together i've seen on video's that they should work together but they don't for me. When i try to hook up an energy conduit from Ender IO on a Thermal Expansion machine they just don't connect with eachother i've tried to transer energy from 1 energy cell to another and this doesn't work either with a ender io conduit. The problem is that the redstone energy conduit are gone from my game. Is this a config bug or ?

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Wat version are you using? If enderio isn't up to date then you might have a version that has a different api and it won't work.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
1. TE energy conduits/fluidducts/itemducts have been exported to a standalone mod. It is still WIP.
2. Have you tried wrenching the EIO conduits?

Dierke9

Jul 29, 2019
Wat version are you using? If enderio isn't up to date then you might have a version that has a different api and it won't work.

I have version 2.8.260

1. TE energy conduits/fluidducts/itemducts have been exported to a standalone mod. It is still WIP.
2. Have you tried wrenching the EIO conduits?

What do you mean with that ? do you mean like the end of the pipes or ?

NinjaPig31

Jul 29, 2019
I have version 2.8.260

What do you mean with that ? do you mean like the end of the pipes or ?

Shift right click with your yeta wrench and choose the direction fiddling around a bit you should be able to fix it.

Another thing is that you can move fluids or items from the top of dynamo because that is only for power. I made that mistake becuase you can place multiple ender io conduits in one block.

Dierke9

Jul 29, 2019
Shift right click with your yeta wrench and choose the direction fiddling around a bit you should be able to fix it.

Another thing is that you can move fluids or items from the top of dynamo because that is only for power. I made that mistake becuase you can place multiple ender io conduits in one block.
If i shift rightclick something with my Yeta wrench it just destroys it and the item duct from Ender IO works on my TE machines but the power ducts dont

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
If i shift rightclick something with my Yeta wrench it just destroys it and the item duct from Ender IO works on my TE machines but the power ducts dont

I think it is actually shift+left click. It will open a GUI where you can choose a direction (N,S,E,W, up, or down) and force a connection.
Even with versions that work together, I have had issues with energy cells or tesseracts connected directly to a capacitor bank. The capacitor banks can be set to input, output, both in and out, and blocked by clicking them with a wrench. I found when I a put a cell or tesseract directly on them, it changed the mode they were in and it wasn't always the setting I wanted. Putting a conduit between them is a simple fix for it.

As for the issue you are having, I have seen a post or 2 with others having the same issue. Seems an API change along the way somewhere is making a few mods that use RF not play well together. I am using the current Direwolf pack and Ender IO and TE work together just fine. Maybe take a peek at the changelog for the pack to see which versions they are using so you find the ones that work together.

Dierke9

Jul 29, 2019
Well i just tried the shift left click with a yeta wrench on a energy conduit. and it doesnt work either so idk what the problem is but i will take alook in direwolf pack what version they use.

NinjaPig31

Jul 29, 2019
Well i just tried the shift left click with a yeta wrench on a energy conduit. and it doesnt work either so idk what the problem is but i will take alook in direwolf pack what version they use.

What version is your direwolf20 pack?

You could maybe make a backup of your world and redownload the direwolf20 pack.

And did you add in any other mods?

Dierke9

Jul 29, 2019
What version is your direwolf20 pack?

You could maybe make a backup of your world and redownload the direwolf20 pack.

And did you add in any other mods?

Well i'm not using the direwolf20 pack but using my own modpack and i was wondering why it didn't work.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Well i'm not using the direwolf20 pack but using my own modpack and i was wondering why it didn't work.

You seem to have encountered the issue that all pack-makers from amateur to season veteran have encountered since the 1st modpack : mismatched mods.

It's for this reason that my packs are usually relatively slow to update. Once I have something working, I stick with it.

In your case, I recommend pulling down the latest each of eIO and TE and verifying via their changelogs they work well together.

Karimiri

Jul 29, 2019
You need to update something. My guess is that your EnderIO is out of date.
yeah abou that, can you poke someone to release temporary fix or something ?

last enderIO download i can find 2.2.8.349 is over month old, thermal (today) is latest and this problem stil exists.
good there are no crashes, but downgrading is not an option.

hehe, spoke too soon - connecting tesseract and buildcraft stuff crashes everything :p

Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError
at crazypants.enderio.power.EnergyReceiverPI.recieveEnergy(EnergyReceiverPI.java:66)
at crazypants.enderio.conduit.power.NetworkPowerManager.doApplyRecievedPower(NetworkPowerManager.java:152)
at crazypants.enderio.conduit.power.NetworkPowerManager$InnerTickHandler.tickEnd(NetworkPowerManager.java:539)
at crazypants.enderio.conduit.ConduitNetworkTickHandler.tickEnd(ConduitNetworkTickHandler.java:47)
at crazypants.enderio.conduit.ConduitNetworkTickHandler.onServerTick(ConduitNetworkTickHandler.java:35)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_198_ConduitNetworkTickHandler_onServerTick_ServerTickEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:247)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:590)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

Last edited:

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
What versions are your TE suite of mods?

EIO hasn't updated in a month because they are all working on a new version which has many changes.

Karimiri

Jul 29, 2019
CoFHCore-[1.7.10]3.0.0RC7-211
CoFHLib-[1.7.10]1.0.0RC7-127
MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.0RC8-86
RedstoneArsenal-[1.7.10]1.1.0RC7-65
ThermalExpansion-[1.7.10]4.0.0RC7-141
ThermalFoundation-[1.7.10]1.0.0RC7-62

EIO hasn't updated in a month because they are all working on a new version which has many changes.
and of among those changes will be implemented updated RF-API i hope xD
on the other hand while testing i removed EIO from mods folder and i gues ill just swap it with ThermalDynamics-[1.7.10]1.0.0RC7-98 instead.
will be a paint to rebuil all this piping to get everything to work again but i prefer 10 working-bug-free updated mods over 11 "soon(TM)" ones

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
yeah abou that, can you poke someone to release temporary fix or something ?

last enderIO download i can find 2.2.8.349 is over month old, thermal (today) is latest and this problem stil exists.
good there are no crashes, but downgrading is not an option.

hehe, spoke too soon - connecting tesseract and buildcraft stuff crashes everything :p

Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError
at crazypants.enderio.power.EnergyReceiverPI.recieveEnergy(EnergyReceiverPI.java:66)
at crazypants.enderio.conduit.power.NetworkPowerManager.doApplyRecievedPower(NetworkPowerManager.java:152)
at crazypants.enderio.conduit.power.NetworkPowerManager$InnerTickHandler.tickEnd(NetworkPowerManager.java:539)
at crazypants.enderio.conduit.ConduitNetworkTickHandler.tickEnd(ConduitNetworkTickHandler.java:47)
at crazypants.enderio.conduit.ConduitNetworkTickHandler.onServerTick(ConduitNetworkTickHandler.java:35)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_198_ConduitNetworkTickHandler_onServerTick_ServerTickEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:247)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:590)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:111)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

I don't get that error. I truly have no idea what to tell you. The Thermal series works fine, and seems to work alongside EnderIO in every instance I've tested.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I wish you'd really post a full crashlog so we can see versions of everything and not just the error.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I will also verify that EIO conduits most certainly work with later version of Thermal Exp.
Versions used;
EnderIO-1.7.10-2.2.8.349
ThermalExpansion-[1.7.10]4.0.0RC7-141
CoFHCore-[1.7.10]3.0.0RC7-211

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
There's something that I haven't seen anyone mention. (I think, sorry if I'm repeating)

With TE machines you still have to select input or output on the machines. Even if you have an ender io pipe set to extract, TE won't allow anything to take it from a side that isn't defined.

So both ender io and TE machine have to be set to input or extract for it to work.