[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
Guys do we still have any means to teleport liquids? From oilwells etc?

The old 40-drum solution is starting to get a bit tired.

(Not that I've ever actually used any Fuel before, I just like refining it for fun. I...may not even have any diesel generators hooked up yet.)

I'm not sure this helps, but I made a couple of bedrockium drums. Rock Crusher > 9 compressors > compressor > compressor setup. Takes a lot of time and a bunch of diamonds, but good luck filling up, one.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm not sure this helps, but I made a couple of bedrockium drums. Rock Crusher > 9 compressors > compressor > compressor setup. Takes a lot of time and a bunch of diamonds, but good luck filling up, one.
Good job making one of those :) I'm trying to avoid them for weird pyure reasons that make little sense to anyone except myself and my cat.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019

Ender Rails are sadly disabled. @Jason McRay don't you think these could be left in (with a suitable recipe), as they are the most interesting teleporting option and encourage more use of rails + railcraft?

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
Good job making one of those :) I'm trying to avoid them for weird pyure reasons that make little sense to anyone except myself and my cat.

Haha! Yea, they are pretty crazy, but on the other hand, a bitch to make, so I'm fine with them. Haven't got around using one, though, I'm not much of a fuel guy.

Crazy idea, here, not sure it works, but you could technically throw fuel cells, with dispensers or something (not sure what modded thing can do this, too), in a portal made with the Gravisuite Relocator.

Although, if you don't like bedrockium drums, I doubt you like the Relocator, it's pretty OP. And I guess the setup would be pretty laggy.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019

The old 40-drum solution is starting to get a bit tired.

(Not that I've ever actually used any Fuel before, I just like refining it for fun. I...may not even have any diesel generators hooked up yet.)

Did you ever find a good way to do this? I can only seem to come up with a pump and a few drums but this is getting quite old :/ and could do with a more, remote system.

I've not started looking into fuel with bees I'm a total bee-noob and haven't got a clue! :D

Sent from my iPhone

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
So, I finally upgraded from 2.0.5 to 2.1.1 last night. Holy dark steel nerf, Batman! It was probably too easy before, but this looks bonkers.... My son was right, we should have made a stack of dark steel before we upgraded. ;)

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
There are a lot of machines which are cheap in comparison. Stirgling Gen from eIO, Engines from BC/RC. Forestry machines, etc... It will not be changed in IT:2 because I am starting on "overhaul" and reloading the InfiTech modpack from scratch (more fun, better integration, more GregTech (+ if I will be awesome, it will also be playable for those who doesnt know that much about GT, without hindering the experience for knowledgable player :) )

Is this "overhaul" for 1.7 or 1.8?

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
So, my memory issues seems to have resolved themselves. I did have an odd question though. As I'm travelling the overworld, I notice cobblestone just laying around in item form, not placed. Any idea what is causing this?

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
So, my memory issues seems to have resolved themselves. I did have an odd question though. As I'm travelling the overworld, I notice cobblestone just laying around in item form, not placed. Any idea what is causing this?

Do you have the endermini guys wandering around?
If so, they gank creepers and sometimes the creepers detonate - i suspect this is how i logged in one morning to a dead nether portal.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I have been hearing random explosions, so it COULD be that, but it's always just a single block of cobblestone. No crater in sight.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Is this "overhaul" for 1.7 or 1.8?
Can't say... Would like to push it at 1.7, but it depends mostly on two things.
Minetweaker and support for adding liquid to the GT Machine process recipes.
Me making the HQM quests for GT newbies :)

So if it will not happen in 1.7 it will (I hope) happen in 1.8

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so using the cauldron on impure iron dust is sort of a waste until you get really established.

unless thats the dust coming out of small ore blocks, i wouldnt bother no, crushed ore you should just plain up smelt into nuggets because you get more that way, at least until you can wash and centrifuge it.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
unless thats the dust coming out of small ore blocks, i wouldnt bother no, crushed ore you should just plain up smelt into nuggets because you get more that way, at least until you can wash and centrifuge it.
Impure dust is best to smelt to get ingots
If you will get pure dust sometimes the smelting output is not an ingot but 4 nuggets
Smelting crushed ores you will get 10nuggets if the ore is "classic" (like Tin, Iron). If you will try to smelt crushed Chalcopyrite for example, you will get only 3 copper nuggets.

So make pure dust only if you want it to use in some alloying recipe (or centrifuge or basically any other machine)

Last edited:
Reactions: MigukNamja

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome, thanks :) I was going nuts with all these ores in all these different forms. Good bye, impure dusts.. we'll meet again.

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if it's this modpack or just normal Forge, but whenever I decide to update a mod or update the modpack, once I load my world it says "Forge has detected that a backup level.dat being used." Whenever I try to load my world it gives crashes (different every single time) and makes my world inaccessible. It's so annoying that I have to spend 2 hours trying to fix my game and then play for only 20 minutes. Because of this error I have been avoiding playing the modpack sometimes so I don't have to fix anything.