[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Final noob question I promise: I can't for the life of me figure out how to make iron in the EBF. I've tried connecting oxygen to the input hatch, the EBF itself, putting iron in the input hatch and the gui, to no avail. Do I have to use oxygen cells or does it not take fluid oxygen?

What do you mean : "make iron" ? Do you mean "make steel from iron", or "cook iron ore for 3x gain" ?

As for 'hatch', those are for liquids only. Oxygen uses hatches and you can use the liquid/piped oxygen, correct. However, you need 1 Input Bus and 1 Output Bus for items like steel, iron, etc.,.

Also, can you do any other recipes in the EBF, such as silicon ingots or aluminum ?

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I had Iron on the mind atm. I meant steel. I.E. iron-steel with oxygen as stated in NEI. It has oxygen gas on the GUI and I can't figure out how to make it work. Sorry for misleading you.

And yes, I'm happily well into the MV era with my EBF. I'd love to do away with my old bronze blast furnace.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
That's the direction I'm leaning too. A few dozen eu out of 8192 is fairly irrelevant, and any transforming I do to/from ic2 is going to incur loss anyway.

Yeah, by the time I got to Lapotronic Crystals last world, I didn't bother with IC2 cabling/transforming. And, yeah, they take a ton of Lapis and Emerald/Olivine to make each one.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I had Iron on the mind atm. I meant steel. I.E. iron-steel with oxygen as stated in NEI. It has oxygen gas on the GUI and I can't figure out how to make it work. Sorry for misleading you.

Do any other recipes work in the EBF ? And, do you have:

• 1x Blast Furnace Controller
  • 1x Maintenance Hatch
  • 1x Muffler Hatch (top center)
  • 1x Input Bus
  • 1x Output Bus
  • 1x Input Hatch (oxygen)
  • 3x LV Energy Hatches
  • 16x Cupronickel Coil blocks in the center
  • Heatproof machine casing elsewhere (i.e. 9 of them) ?

The whole 'Bus' vs. 'Hatch' thing is admittedly non-intuitive. Terrible names, IMHO.

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, my EBF works properly. I've been making aluminum/silicon and blue steel for tooling. Just can't figure out how to pipe fluids into it for making steel.

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, my EBF works properly. I've been making aluminum/silicon and blue steel for tooling. Just can't figure out how to pipe fluids into it for making steel.

I'm using simple 'ender IO tank -> ender IO fluid conduit -> LV input hatch' setup and it works fine. I've had a problem while testing it in my test world though. I spawned 'oxygen drum' from NEI and it couldn't input this fluid into hatch. I guess that there are 2 kinds of oxygen, maybe you're using wrong one ?

Edit:
I forgot to mention that oxygen cells work too. Just input them into input hatch and you'll get empty cell back.

Last edited:

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps. I'm pumping the oxygen from processing magnetite into an RC tank. I've so much of it now (since I've never found a use for it) that I'm voiding it. I've tried inserting it with ender conduits, but perhaps I'll try again. Nothing spawned in my world, all legit.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps. I'm pumping the oxygen from processing magnetite into an RC tank. I've so much of it now (since I've never found a use for it) that I'm voiding it. I've tried inserting it with ender conduits, but perhaps I'll try again. Nothing spawned in my world, all legit.

Hmmm...haven't made steel in the EBF myself. I just kept using the BBF or Thaumcraft. @Pyure has made EBF steel semi-recently, though.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019

I have made steel in my EBF. I collected oxygen from various processes (limonite, magnetite, etc) using EIO conduits into XU drums. Then I put the drum next to the EBF and use an EIO conduit to input into the input hatch of the EBF. Add iron ingots to the same hatch and you are good to go.

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking because I used an import bus instead of a hatch it may have borked it... I figured bigger is better. It works fine for silicon/aluminum but I'll craft up an lnput "hatch" and see if that fixes it. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: MigukNamja

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having troubles downloading version 2.1.1. When I do, it just launches minecraft instead of downloading InfiTech. Anyone ideas what is going on?

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking because I used an import bus instead of a hatch it may have borked it... I figured bigger is better. It works fine for silicon/aluminum but I'll craft up an lnput "hatch" and see if that fixes it. Thanks for the help.

For the EBF I use both the input hatch and inbut bus. You can go only with the hatch, it can accept both items and fluids, but it acts weird if you are sending iron from a chest. From my experience, if you are pumping iron from a chest, the first ingot will start the process, but the rest of it will go from the upper slot to the bottom slot, and it will not go into the machine, from there.

It is much cheaper anyway to have as many either input or output buses, as possible, I do this with all the GT multiblock machines (the tool tip tells you the minimum amount of casings needed, the rest can be anything (except the obligatory parts, of course)).

Oh, with the EBF, if you use 4 energy hatches, you can actually run out of slots, so make sure you also use middle bottom block, for either the output or one of the inputs.

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
The problem I was having with my EBF was I was using the Import bus and attempting to insert liquids there. Making a regular input hatch and pumping it into that worked for me. I'm in steel city now, thanks.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The problem I was having with my EBF was I was using the Import bus and attempting to insert liquids there. Making a regular input hatch and pumping it into that worked for me. I'm in steel city now, thanks.
The EBF is fantastic for wrought-iron--->steel. If power isn't a big issue, you can speed up your wrought-iron production with an arc furnace, since it can cook it as an ingot rather than as nuggets.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019

Yes, those things need better names than "hatch" and "bus". How about something as whacky as "fluid bus" and "item bus" or "fluid hatch" and "item hatch" ? But, maybe that's just crazy talk.

Reactions: mcalpha and Pyure

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So you mentioned someone could write scripts to decompose GT dusts and you'd add it, is that impure dusts or just cleaned ones? What should it decompose to as well, a proportionate mix of its centrifuging/electrolyzing results or what it smelts to or what?

Because I could possibly do it, I'd need to know what you'd actually want to achieve though. I could possibly do ores as well if you wanted with by products, could even include the standard MineChem ore tripling on its results if wanted by upping everything proportionally if I was doing that.