[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

andrej88

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the oregen is the same as on that page. At least I've never noticed a difference. However the book did also list where it spawns in Galacticraft dimensions (moon/mars/asteroids) so now the only way is via reading the config :(

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the oregen is the same as on that page. At least I've never noticed a difference. However the book did also list where it spawns in Galacticraft dimensions (moon/mars/asteroids) so now the only way is via reading the config :(
I will rewrite the documentation what was in GT OreGen book somewhere and will get the link to appear in-game. No promisses that it will be soon.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Important: if you are playing v2.1.0 there is serious crafting bug. To fix it, download this file: HERE and put it into FTB/infitech2/minecraft/scripts. (Make sure to have it named infitech.zs (not infitech.txt, .html, .zs.txt) - yes overwrite the old infitech.zs)

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
It's been quiet the past couple of days, so I'll break the silence...

Somewhere between 2.0.2 and 2.0.10, Thaumcraft got updated. It looks like Azanor is making good progress on expanding the whole charge node mechanic/feature. Upgrading (enchanting) wand foci now requires a new block and wand foci can no longer be placed in an enchantment table. I was only slightly perturbed after trying to place my brand-new Excavation Foci in my relatively new Osmotic Enchantment table. But, I then realized and accepted that this new mechanic gives more of a reason to build a decent charged node.

As for the pack, I like the change as well. It puts a powerful Arcane Bore that much later in progression, thus lengthening the pack lifetime by many, many hours or many days of playtime. Having an Excavation Foci with Potency is a key part of "pancake" mining entire veins in one fell swoop. Without an Arcane Bore or even an upgraded Foci, mining GT ores takes that much longer.

This world, I spent far less time accumulating nodes for the traditional wand pedestal system (though I did gather 8 nodes and build 1 pedestal), and spent more time gathering nodes for a 7x7x7 cube area charged node system. So far, the node in the center has all 6 primals, and the lowest primal is around 30 or so. I'll let this one grow to 36 lowest, so that when I move it and charge it, it will have 6 as its lowest primal. This will be my first charged node. I'll then put a new center node in place and let then run for a loooong time. (weeks, maybe). I'll see if I can get all aspects over 225 so the charged node will have all primals at least 15.

I'm also looking forward to seeing if the Vis mirror will transfer/teleport/mirror Perdito from my charged node to the bores at their far-flung locations, thus saving the need to maintain jars of Perdito.

And, in general, I'm looking forward to seeing what other changes Azanor will come up with in regards to charge nodes. Very cool.

What has your experience been with the charged node mechanic / feature ?

Reactions: Pyure

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
I wish I had experience with the charged node mechanic, but I have a fetish for hardcore worlds. I pretty much never make it that far since I'm still learning GregTech.

That being said, Thaumcraft has always been my favorite mod and I can't wait to try it out.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
Important: if you are playing v2.1.0 there is serious crafting bug. To fix it, download this file: HERE and put it into FTB/infitech2/minecraft/scripts. (Make sure to have it named infitech.zs (not infitech.txt, .html, .zs.txt) - yes overwrite the old infitech.zs)

:( I guess I will wait for 2.1.1. (patching is such a pain getting everything straight on the server and clients (3) is kind of a pain, and 2.0.5 is working well for us, relatively speaking.)

Is the minechem random deadlock on startup fixed? My son actually came up with a name for that, when his client won't start because of minechem (which is one of his favorite mods in the pack) he says he got minechemed.

Thanks again for a great pack!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
:( I guess I will wait for 2.1.1. (patching is such a pain getting everything straight on the server and clients (3) is kind of a pain, and 2.0.5 is working well for us, relatively speaking.)
For server play, only the server needs to do that update I think. Obviously if you do any playing/testing in single-player its a bit different, but its still just a matter of replacing a single file fwiw.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
For server play, only the server needs to do that update I think. Obviously if you do any playing/testing in single-player its a bit different, but its still just a matter of replacing a single file fwiw.

Yeah, I'll just wait. Plus staying in 2.0.5 is letting me take advantage of the totally OP minechem cellulose, so I'll live. ;)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah, I'll just wait. Plus staying in 2.0.5 is letting me take advantage of the totally OP minechem cellulose, so I'll live. ;)
Not a bad idea, I had to listen to a 10 minute diatribe from my basemate about knee-jerk over-corrections blah blah blah :p CGJEFF YOU SHOULD READ THIS FORUM WHEN I FLAME YOU.

BeardlessBrady

Jul 29, 2019
Is crafting a hammer with certus quartz normal? If so that means making a hammer is incredibly easy as certus quartz is everywhere o_O

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question: Are RC boilers somehow disabled in this pack? I've been thousands of blocks and couldn't find any abyssal stone, though RC config is set to spawn "true". Downloaded mystcraft with current seed on a backup and made a no-seas ocean biome to check, and yeah, no Abyssal stone anywhere. Is it just my current BOP config or something overwriting?
Loving it so far. Have a base full of machines burrowed out into a hill, and finally got my first basic jetpack after a week. Been avoiding the GT large boilers though, fed off of 20 solar boilers and a full size RC tank as a buffer. Would like to step up, but no luck on the abyssal.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question: Are RC boilers somehow disabled in this pack? I've been thousands of blocks and couldn't find any abyssal stone, though RC config is set to spawn "true". Downloaded mystcraft with current seed on a backup and made a no-seas ocean biome to check, and yeah, no Abyssal stone anywhere. Is it just my current BOP config or something overwriting?
Loving it so far. Have a base full of machines burrowed out into a hill, and finally got my first basic jetpack after a week. Been avoiding the GT large boilers though, fed off of 20 solar boilers and a full size RC tank as a buffer. Would like to step up, but no luck on the abyssal.

Abyssal can be difficult to find. Many of us let the RC solid boiler go and do the liquid one. For solid fuels, the GT boiler is on par with efficiency. It will suck down the fuel (charcoal) faster than a 36HP, but it also puts out more steam than a 36HP.

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah not been very satisfied with BOP this edition. Need to either tweak it or move to ATG. I'm inundated with magic forests and mushroom biomes, and I'd rather not start a new world with a weeks worth of effort in this one (that and if I tweak the settings on it i'll have those ugly chunk boundaries). Maybe I'll move all my stuff to the moon and delete the current world, then move back to keep it semi-legit :p

I take it compressed plates are available only through the implosion compressor?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah not been very satisfied with BOP this edition. Need to either tweak it or move to ATG. I'm inundated with magic forests and mushroom biomes, and I'd rather not start a new world with a weeks worth of effort in this one (that and if I tweak the settings on it i'll have those ugly chunk boundaries). Maybe I'll move all my stuff to the moon and delete the current world, then move back to keep it semi-legit :p

I take it compressed plates are available only through the implosion compressor?
Galacticraft compressed plates, yes, are made in the implosion compressor. I recommend setting up a TNT factory of some sort.

Reactions: MigukNamja