[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
So you mentioned someone could write scripts to decompose GT dusts and you'd add it, is that impure dusts or just cleaned ones? What should it decompose to as well, a proportionate mix of its centrifuging/electrolyzing results or what it smelts to or what?

Because I could possibly do it, I'd need to know what you'd actually want to achieve though. I could possibly do ores as well if you wanted with by products, could even include the standard MineChem ore tripling on its results if wanted by upping everything proportionally if I was doing that.
He means all of it. All crushed ores, impure dusts, normal dusts, pure dusts, impure crushed ores and pure crushed ores. I believe there's like 300 so good luck. Disabling the ore tripling is easy, as only several ores like Iron, Gold, Copper, Tin, Aluminum, Silver and Lead give triple results. If you still dare yourself to write the script, you can make a pull request on the github page of this modpack: https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
So you mentioned someone could write scripts to decompose GT dusts and you'd add it, is that impure dusts or just cleaned ones? What should it decompose to as well, a proportionate mix of its centrifuging/electrolyzing results or what it smelts to or what?

Because I could possibly do it, I'd need to know what you'd actually want to achieve though. I could possibly do ores as well if you wanted with by products, could even include the standard MineChem ore tripling on its results if wanted by upping everything proportionally if I was doing that.
Just the pure dusts, decomposing to propper Chemicals (like GT Aluminium dust should decompose into 16 AL molecules or Tungsten into 16 Wolfranium etc...). Some dusts are combination of few chemicals so they should also decompose to those chemicals (for example Salt Dust (NaCl) So that should decomp to probably 16Na and 16Cl - if i am understanding the "template" minechem is using (1 iron dust (Fe) = 16Fe molecules).

About tripleing of ores.... Thats something I am not fan of. If tripleing it should be left to gregtech machines. i dont want to put too much ůimportance" on Minechem. It should be just something else in addition for creating diferent dusts.

And with all of that... If decomp recipes... then it will be great to have also synth ones, just to keep it inline :)

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Just the pure dusts, decomposing to propper Chemicals (like GT Aluminium dust should decompose into 16 AL molecules or Tungsten into 16 Wolfranium etc...). Some dusts are combination of few chemicals so they should also decompose to those chemicals (for example Salt Dust (NaCl) So that should decomp to probably 16Na and 16Cl - if i am understanding the "template" minechem is using (1 iron dust (Fe) = 16Fe molecules).
Salt dust is better off being 8 sodium and 8 chlorium. You don't want one dust of bronze giving you 1 tin and 3 copper, do you?

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry if I'm an idiot, but I have this error everytime I launch the modpack: http://prntscr.com/5yk6hi I know this is an error with the CoFH API, and last time this happened I removed the CoFH API from all mods except CoFHCore. It mentions Blood Magic and Botania, which I have NEVER installed. My only question is, is it safe to remove the CoFH API from all mods?
EDIT: This was as soon as I updated to 2.1.1, by the way.

Last edited:

BeardlessBrady

Jul 29, 2019
Im reporting a bug. When chopping down extrabiomesXL trees some blocks wont be dropped, like the bald cypress elbow logs or the Fir Quarter logs.

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Just for those who hate all the mushroom/magical forest biome spammage with BOP on this modpack: I noticed on the thaumcraft config that the magicforest biome weight was default at 80 (BOP leaves most biomes at about 15) so my world was inundated with massive magical forests/mushroom biomes (and no oceans=therefore no abyssal stone). I tweaked the thaumcraft biomes down to 20 and it seemed to have balanced out my worldgen to something more interesting. I moved all my stuff to the nether, deleted my world (keeping my nether intact) and regenned a new seed and now it's all good. Building a new base with minimal machines for now, I packed up everything into barrels/silver chests, dolly'd them up and stored them.

Problem with the default spawn issue was never finding a truly beautiful spot to build a base, so I was attempting to limit my "base crawl" (you tend to do that on the harder modpacks as you accumulate more infrastructure without proper planning lol).

Happily building a Robert-MaCall inspaired floating base over a coral reef a mere 500 blocks from spawn and all's going well. Thanks for the awesome modpack!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
This is a very good pack in my opinion, so good job at that, but some EnderIO stuff has been bugging me with how easy they were to craft (but good job with the main 2 machines), the EnderIO generator is pretty easy, shouldn't it atleast recquire more effort?
I'm just curious, are you talking about the stirling generator? (The solid-fuel generator)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Yes that one, though it uses a iron furnace, i wouldn't think it was that much more difficult, forgot the name of it as i really don't play much of EnderIO.
Also, BoP's Malachite gem turns into Cellulose.
There are a lot of machines which are cheap in comparison. Stirgling Gen from eIO, Engines from BC/RC. Forestry machines, etc... It will not be changed in IT:2 because I am starting on "overhaul" and reloading the InfiTech modpack from scratch (more fun, better integration, more GregTech (+ if I will be awesome, it will also be playable for those who doesnt know that much about GT, without hindering the experience for knowledgable player :) )

Reactions: MigukNamja

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yes that one, though it uses a iron furnace, i wouldn't think it was that much more difficult, forgot the name of it as i really don't play much of EnderIO.
Also, BoP's Malachite gem turns into Cellulose.
The stirling generator should probably be comparable in difficulty to an IC2 generator. Dunno if that's the case since I don't build the things :)

Also: there's some bugs/oddities causing lots of things to decompose to cellulose. I was breaking down small copper gears last night and got a few cellulose out of it for some reason!

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Also: there's some bugs/oddities causing lots of things to decompose to cellulose. I was breaking down small copper gears last night and got a few cellulose out of it for some reason!
Lets look at this from this angle... Minechem works on the "reversive" crafting. So Small Copper Gears are made with plate and hammer. Plate = GT Ingot. GT ingot is not getting detected by Minechem = 0 molecules.
Next is hammer. Hammer is made by 6 ingots and a stick. GT Ingots arent again detected by Minechem. So only thing in the whole recipe is a stick = cellulose :)

Anyway.. Just checking the InfiTech crash tracker.... Ok i understand why someone is playing 2.0.9 or 2.0.5.... But when I receive a crash track from version 1.1.5.... Geez UPDATE Mr. SilentXeno FFS !!!!!!

Reactions: Grove

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
What's up with the extremely old Forge?
Simply being nice to those running Cauldron. Only Cauldron availbe is for 1232. Also our Official Public Server is running cauldron...
Im reporting a bug. When chopping down extrabiomesXL trees some blocks wont be dropped, like the bald cypress elbow logs or the Fir Quarter logs.
Can you please replicate it again with removing MultiMine mod?

Reactions: Grove

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Lets look at this from this angle... Minechem works on the "reversive" crafting. So Small Copper Gears are made with plate and hammer. Plate = GT Ingot. GT ingot is not getting detected by Minechem = 0 molecules.
Next is hammer. Hammer is made by 6 ingots and a stick. GT Ingots arent again detected by Minechem. So only thing in the whole recipe is a stick = cellulose :)
I made those gears with a liquid solidifier thingy :p

But if its checking all potential recipes, then yeah, they could have been made with a tool including wood.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Guys do we still have any means to teleport liquids? From oilwells etc?

The old 40-drum solution is starting to get a bit tired.

(Not that I've ever actually used any Fuel before, I just like refining it for fun. I...may not even have any diesel generators hooked up yet.)

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
All of the sudden my RAM usage is 97% with the 2.1.1 pack. I tried restarting minecraft and it goes right back up there in almost no time at all. Is there a way to figure out what is causing it?