[1.7.10] AgriCraft

nimO

Jul 29, 2019
Weird, I kept getting java classdefnotfound errors.
installing Botania cleared the error up... is botania mandatory to run the mod? or did having a botania config file without having the mod installed cause the error?

Its a bug in 1.2.1 where we have a hard dependency on Botania. It is fixed in the upcoming 1.2.2 version.

Badger

Jul 29, 2019
wonderful, I don't have the PC power to run Botania and ancient warfare at the same time, and botania adds another power system and a host of unneccessary features for the pack theme.

Not gonna ask an ETA, but I am fine with holding off pack release for a little bit until it's perfect.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
wonderful, I don't have the PC power to run Botania and ancient warfare at the same time, and botania adds another power system and a host of unneccessary features for the pack theme.

Not gonna ask an ETA, but I am fine with holding off pack release for a little bit until it's perfect.
You can download a snapshot from the Github where the botania hard dep is fixed
https://github.com/InfinityRaider/AgriCraft/releases

nimO

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I missed it, but can you nerf the sprinkler in the config?

Currently only the water usage, not the growth rate of the plants. I'll talk to InfinityRaider though, the growth rate is probably the most important thing to configure about the sprinkler.

Reactions: Queue

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
I mean, can you nerf the sprinkler growth rate

EDIT: Massive derp, my original question was answered. Basically I agree with nim, and I derped on my post :p

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I'd love for the sprinkler to have a configurable area. So if I want it to be harder, I can make it affect only a 3x3 area. If I want to make it easier, I could make it go to like 15x15. Mainly though, I just want to make it affect a 9x9 area, like vanilla farm plots.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love for the sprinkler to have a configurable area. So if I want it to be harder, I can make it affect only a 3x3 area. If I want to make it easier, I could make it go to like 15x15. Mainly though, I just want to make it affect a 9x9 area, like vanilla farm plots.
I'm going to deny this one, because there is a second tier of irrigation system planned, and this one will do larger areas.

Badger

Jul 29, 2019
You can download a snapshot from the Github where the botania hard dep is fixed
Out standing! Once I test the pack for bugs, 'Kingmaker 6-the minion modpack' will finally be complete! finally... full automation and research without vanilla-inappropriate high tech magic boxes.

nimO

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Massive derp, my original question was answered. Basically I agree with nim, and I derped on my post :p

Just pushed the changes. 1.2.2 will include configuration options for sprinkler growth.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Does sprinkler growth act as growth ticks, or does it do the bonemeal thing? More specifically, does it react positively or negatively to Ender Lilly seeds? Bonemealing will actually cause them to regress a growth stage, all the way back to destroying them entirely if bonemeal'd at growth 0%

Haighyorkie

Jul 29, 2019
Hey InfinityRaider,
I've been playing the Regrowth pack and am absolutely loving Agricraft as a mod. So much so I decided to go ahead and do a spotlight on it! Feel free to add it to the OP if you feel it's good enough :) Your work is appreciated and i'm looking forward to seeing where this mod goes in the future!

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Great video, will definatly put it up in the OP.
Just some notes:
  • the more plants surrounding a cross crop, the higher the chance of a stat incrementing.
  • That lighting bug, I think I know what is causing it and I'll try to fix it.
  • The strength does indeed define the resistance against weeds taking over the crop (strenght 10 is completely immune)
  • The radius of the sprinkler is indeed 7x7
  • You forgot the magnifying glass and the gardening trowel :p

But thanks for this, really shows what the mod is about.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
I've been wondering this for a bit, is there inset compatibility with Magical crops (I do not use it unless I'm playing casually but this might change it to not just be for casual play for me).

Haighyorkie

Jul 29, 2019
I knew there was something I forgot. I've seen your github and I know that there's some stuff you are adding to it so when some more stuff goes in and I do an updated spotlight i'll remember not to forget the trowel and magnifying glass!

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
I've been wondering this for a bit, is there inset compatibility with Magical crops (I do not use it unless I'm playing casually but this might change it to not just be for casual play for me).
That depends on what you mean with inset. If you mean that the crops can grow, be harvested and be bred to ahve better stats. Then yes it has compatibility for magical crops, as well as many other mods. If you mean with inset compatibility that there are default mutations for magical crops (e.g. iron crop + copper crop = tin crop, etc.), then no.

I knew there was something I forgot. I've seen your github and I know that there's some stuff you are adding to it so when some more stuff goes in and I do an updated spotlight i'll remember not to forget the trowel and magnifying glass!
No worries, its quite a good video

jacob814

Jul 29, 2019
Can I suggest having metal versions(at least iron) of the tank, irrigation channels, channel valves, and the sprinklers. This idea would be that it could hold more liquid, and the sprinklers could be more effective in growing plants. I also want it because wood can sometimes be a nasty material to work with, or at least for what I want to do with it.