[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
No I sorted it I stood infront of the NPC near the fountain and then the conversation started which it didn't previouslyy after 5 minute thanks for the help though Great Mobpack great work :)
thank you :), and yes, I believe I have the cycle on the fountain conversation set to about 5 minutes or so so it looks a bit more "natural" rather than just constant repeating.

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
So i just got my full draconic set .. and i already want to throw the helmet into the closest pit of lava i can find.

That it turns off night vision at block light 2+ and then turns it back on the second it goes below is INSANELY ANNOYING.
And it will probably cause me to get a seizure soon -.-.

Is there a setting in the config to give it constant NV or why was it designed this way?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So i just got my full draconic set .. and i already want to throw the helmet into the closest pit of lava i can find.

That it turns off night vision at block light 2+ and then turns it back on the second it goes below is INSANELY ANNOYING.
And it will probably cause me to get a seizure soon -.-.

Is there a setting in the config to give it constant NV or why was it designed this way?
I can tell you a complete re-work of all the tools and armor is currently in the works for DE, as for why...the code is similar to other night vision tools in other mods and they tend to start/stop at the same light levels, actually anything over 7 if i remember correctly

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to suggest removing The Camping Mod 2 again. There are still rendering issues with placing things inside the tent that cause a crash. The github isn't helpful at all.

I'm also going to suggest adding Growthcraft Fishtraps? I'm sure I am not the only one who despises fishing. -innocent smile-

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to suggest removing The Camping Mod 2 again. There are still rendering issues with placing things inside the tent that cause a crash. The github isn't helpful at all.

I'm also going to suggest adding Growthcraft Fishtraps? I'm sure I am not the only one who despises fishing. -innocent smile-
I have had a few people mention this crash, but noone has provided a crash report that I recall that I can take to the dev to try to get fixed...
as for growthcraft...not for a single item, sorry. Fishing is a part of the pack, yes, but not integral as it really only has a major use for feeding dragons or making food if you want, so it is manual for a reason.

I found a amulet from artifice with NV on and that kept the buff at 0:14 sec. The helmet can add and remove the buff at will, which is wierd o_O.
True, but as I said similar other mods, not all. But as I also said, the DE mod dev is reworking the whole tool and armor interface to make a lot of the abilities they have as functions that can be turned on or off.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
http://pastebin.com/Cz8X8g3P
Have a crash report then. I do have a resource pack on, but that shouldn't be crashing me.

I love all aspects of Growthcraft. Brewing, rice, GRAPES etc. I'd love to see it included, the whole kabob.

If you dont' want it, fine. I'll have my fishtrap for myself. I understand its not integral, but the fisherman's custom npc quest is the only one I have so far found that ups the faction of workers.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
http://pastebin.com/Cz8X8g3P
Have a crash report then. I do have a resource pack on, but that shouldn't be crashing me.

I love all aspects of Growthcraft. Brewing, rice, GRAPES etc. I'd love to see it included, the whole kabob.

If you dont' want it, fine. I'll have my fishtrap for myself. I understand its not integral, but the fisherman's custom npc quest is the only one I have so far found that ups the faction of workers.
Reported to dev, thank you.

You are welcome to add it if you want, but with so much else to do in the pack, (bees, trees, flowers, pam's harvestcraft, etc) another method of food seems redundant.

I will say that I have some new mods planned to be added for the content update, you have seen a couple inadvertently added (clothingcraft, tolkientweaks and cosmetic armor)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Fair enough.
I was surprised to see clothingcraft. Colored hats and shirts were part of the id conflict from one template to another with the Pams raw fishes. I like the top hat though. Bat in the Hat.
Well, the id issue is from using an older level.dat with the newer mods. The mod id's are stored in the level.dat, and if you updated directly to say the newest version and template but kept your old level.dat file, this is exactly what can happen. EDIT: guess I don't need to update anything in the OP. FYI, never copy the full level.dat from an old save to a new one unless you want shenanigans...that is all)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I kept the treasure bags and one set of greaves, rest of it went into 'deleteland'. But understood. I'm curious, how's the work on the next city coming?
Ask, and ye shall receive...BEHOLD! Three new towns under construction and nearly complete (Still have quests and NPC's to add but terrain and buildings almost done)
Middle-Earth (Hobbiton)
mDxMmuh.png

Overworld (WyvernHaven)
2015-01-09_03.29.42.png

Overworld (DragonBurg)
2015-01-06_20.05.59.png

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
actually....are you any good with terra-forming?
Botania has a staff that can flatten the land and replace the gaps with dirt.
I'm just curious if I will get to update these new cities and keep my own world at the same time or if I have to restart from fresh. My base is reasonably far (7k blocks) I think, is there a way so if I update I can leave it out?
I'm not familiar with how the world generation works or if the template file affects the whole world

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Botania has a staff that can flatten the land and replace the gaps with dirt.
I'm just curious if I will get to update these new cities and keep my own world at the same time or if I have to restart from fresh. My base is reasonably far (7k blocks) I think, is there a way so if I update I can leave it out?
I'm not familiar with how the world generation works or if the template file affects the whole world
As long as you have followed the 1000 block rule in the overworld and middle earth, you will just simply follow the same update instructions in the OP

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Ask, and ye shall receive...BEHOLD! Three new towns under construction and nearly complete (Still have quests and NPC's to add but terrain and buildings almost done)
Middle-Earth (Hobbiton)
mDxMmuh.png

Overworld (WyvernHaven)
2015-01-09_03.29.42.png

Overworld (DragonBurg)
2015-01-06_20.05.59.png

Well I've already expressed my amazement with the two new overworld towns, but dang! I love the feel of Hobbiton! So green and fitting into the landscape-feeling. Awesome! :)