Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
http://imgur.com/a/LN2oh

Picture 1:
Direction markers on the menu; This would add a way to teach new players without breaking immersion.

Picture 2:
Block names on the structure example; This would allow you to know each different block if you cannot tell the difference between them, this also helps people who are color blind.
#1 is already explained in the lexicon, and #2 is impossible.

Reenigne

Jul 29, 2019
two "things"
thing one: in the config what does "Chest Generation Tier" mean? IE: is "4" a high level dungeon or a low level dungeon, or is that config option for something else entirely? Will making that number lower make things like fragments spawn more or less often or something else entirely?

thing two: The reason I ask is because when I updated to ChromatiCraft V3d I deleted all chunks but the one I spawned in and have been re-exploring the world ever since (since the new year), I have found dungeons (both vanilla and modded), fortresses, and strongholds, but none of these have yielded any fragments. The option to sacrifice villagers does exist, but I question whether it should be necessary to build an entire village spawning system just to get started in a mod, and the pylons are unable to kill witches, and seeing as I have accumulated around 63000 of each of the 16 types on my wand (which I only made because it was mentioned on a reddit post and I hoped it would open something up in the book, along with digging to bedrock both failed) I'd also rather not have to sacrifice myself to the pylon(s). Is there any other way of obtaining fragments? Because exploration has been fail, and the alternatives seem to be much more effort than would be justified just to start a mod.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
two "things"
thing one: in the config what does "Chest Generation Tier" mean? IE: is "4" a high level dungeon or a low level dungeon, or is that config option for something else entirely? Will making that number lower make things like fragments spawn more or less often or something else entirely?

thing two: The reason I ask is because when I updated to ChromatiCraft V3d I deleted all chunks but the one I spawned in and have been re-exploring the world ever since (since the new year), I have found dungeons (both vanilla and modded), fortresses, and strongholds, but none of these have yielded any fragments. The option to sacrifice villagers does exist, but I question whether it should be necessary to build an entire village spawning system just to get started in a mod, and the pylons are unable to kill witches, and seeing as I have accumulated around 63000 of each of the 16 types on my wand (which I only made because it was mentioned on a reddit post and I hoped it would open something up in the book, along with digging to bedrock both failed) I'd also rather not have to sacrifice myself to the pylon(s). Is there any other way of obtaining fragments? Because exploration has been fail, and the alternatives seem to be much more effort than would be justified just to start a mod.
What version of Chromaticraft are you using? The digging to bedrock thing (and maybe the other things you mentioned) might not exist in v3d, but it certainly does in v4 (or will when it's released, if it's not out already). Also, you may not have been deep enough in the bedrock layer for it to work.

Reenigne

Jul 29, 2019
What version of Chromaticraft are you using? The digging to bedrock thing (and maybe the other things you mentioned) might not exist in v3d, but it certainly does in v4 (or will when it's released, if it's not out already). Also, you may not have been deep enough in the bedrock layer for it to work.

ChromatiCraft V3d, I was at depth level 4. Even then I would have hoped that multiple weeks of searching would have resulted in at least one fragment being found.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Are you of sufficient progress?

I believe so? It's not like there's a flag that says YOU ARE NOW READY TO DO THIS, but I have the Casting Room unlocked in the Lexicon, I've built an absolute buttload of items I don't need (most recent unlocks were element bulbs and radiant bulbs), I'm trying to make items which are also unlocked in the Lexicon (Heat Lily, Compass) and I can only get blank fragments at this point. I'd assume that if everything I'm using is unlocked in the Lexicon, I should be at that progress level.

Incidentally, regular crafting on the table in the room does work and does make the runes do their light show. It's just nothing that uses runes which works.

did you check the y level relative to the casting table of your runes?

Yes, I am trying to make two items which require runes at y-1, and that is where they are.

Mookup

Jul 29, 2019
two "things"

I agree with this, we need a simpler way to get pages. The recipes arent locked out (yet) if you dont have the pages. Once the wikis/guides appear, people can find the recipes online and just build the stuff. So making getting pages this hard seems strange. In multiplayer world, we could ask friends to make copies of their pages, so there goes the challenge again.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I believe so? It's not like there's a flag that says YOU ARE NOW READY TO DO THIS
Actually, there is, but in your version it is only internal.

Incidentally, regular crafting on the table in the room does work and does make the runes do their light show. It's just nothing that uses runes which works.
This to me means the structure is wrong. Turn on debugging.

Elkiehirvi

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with this, we need a simpler way to get pages. The recipes arent locked out (yet) if you dont have the pages. Once the wikis/guides appear, people can find the recipes online and just build the stuff. So making getting pages this hard seems strange. In multiplayer world, we could ask friends to make copies of their pages, so there goes the challenge again.
I suggest looking at the YouTube spotlight video a page or two earlier , it seems to be a version ahead and explains the mechanics rather nicely.

The next version seems to be a lot clearer about the progression system. I'm getting rather exited.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, there is, but in your version it is only internal.

This to me means the structure is wrong. Turn on debugging.

I feel kind of silly asking, all things considered, but how do I do that and what am I looking for?

FYI I've built the structure twice over and as far as I can tell it's accurate, but once I know how to get debugging on I'll take another look.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
ChromatiCraft V3d, I was at depth level 4. Even then I would have hoped that multiple weeks of searching would have resulted in at least one fragment being found.
Yeah, the things that unlock when you do certain things (like dig to bedrock and go to the Nether) don't seem to exist in v3d; you'll have to wait until v4. At least, if they do exist in that version, there's no obvious way to check if you've done them.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Yeah, the things that unlock when you do certain things (like dig to bedrock and go to the Nether) don't seem to exist in v3d; you'll have to wait until v4. At least, if they do exist in that version, there's no obvious way to check if you've done them.
The visible representation are not in v3.

I feel kind of silly asking, all things considered, but how do I do that and what am I looking for?

FYI I've built the structure twice over and as far as I can tell it's accurate, but once I know how to get debugging on I'll take another look.
DragonAPI config.

Reenigne

Jul 29, 2019
to be more concise:

In the config what does "Chest Generation Tier" mean and will making that number lower(or higher) make things like fragments spawn more or less often or something else entirely?

and

Are there any other ways of obtaining fragments than finding them or killing villagers via pylon?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
to be more concise:

In the config what does "Chest Generation Tier" mean and will making that number lower(or higher) make things like fragments spawn more or less often or something else entirely?

and

Are there any other ways of obtaining fragments than finding them or killing villagers via pylon?
Chest generation tier is a way of thinning out chest loot, including fragments; higher values mean more loot and more types of loot (every item has a minimum tier it needs to generate, as well as chance control). It defaults to maximum density.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
The visible representation are not in v3.

DragonAPI config.
2015-01-26_21.00.34.png 2015-01-26_21.00.38.png 2015-01-26_21.01.11.png 2015-01-26_21.01.54.png

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Everything looks correct, and the NBT confirms that all the flags are set...o_O

Double check that the runes are not supposed to be one block further out.
No luck. Pushing them one further out zeroes out the struct flag too. I also tried adjusting the y-levels, just to check.

For now, I'm going to go with "mod interaction" - we never run a completely standard pack. This one's based on DW20 but it definitely has some changes; might be the best move for now is to wait for the V4 release and see what happens. At least I can stop banging my head against the wall ;)

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
No luck. Pushing them one further out zeroes out the struct flag too. I also tried adjusting the y-levels, just to check.

For now, I'm going to go with "mod interaction" - we never run a completely standard pack. This one's based on DW20 but it definitely has some changes; might be the best move for now is to wait for the V4 release and see what happens. At least I can stop banging my head against the wall ;)
Update; I got the pylon compass to build, which wasn't happening with the old altar, so there must have been something wrong there. The Heat Lily still won't go; something about putting the runes in place of the structure (which is what the Lexicon shows right now) makes the structure, um, not exist, according to the debug data (assuming I'm reading your flags right).

I'll keep experimenting.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
So I could make the first two crystal groups, but installing the runes for the last two again broke the structure; is the problem I'm facing that some of these recipes actually require a Casting Temple?