Overated/Problematic/Misused Mods

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
For TiC, I've limited the tool station to being craftable from steel. The ball of moss has had it's recipe changed so something more expensive & "awkward". I've changed vanilla wood and stone tools to flint and crude bronze, and the TiC Smeltry block recipe changed requiring a component you need to craft from materials that can only be mined with Crude Bronze.
So getting starting with TiC now needs around 8-16 ingots of tin+copper in addition to all the clay/sand/gravel/furance fuel. In my modpack, that's a lot of ore to gather and to survive obtaining early game.

A lot of time people say things are easy (in a lot of mods), but, really they are easy because ore gen is so common, it's too easy to find resources, so you can steamroll your progress quickly. *Shameless self advertising* that's something which I think I've addressed quite nicely with my Omega Dawn pack, ores are still "common" but they are mostly poor ores, so you have more mining to do, and more smelting (which means more energy requirements).

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Changing the adding modifier mechanic to be done in the anvil would have been quite easy to implement with the anvil event. Before the event the anvil was a vanilla locked piece of trash :p.

They aren't in themselves bad, but it needs to be augmented, something like being able to rip enchantments you don't like off and transfer them onto other tools, gem sockettig if you will. Check my player.me page ;)
You can transfer enchants from one item onto another with the Uncrafting Table from Twilight Forest, although that only really tends to be useful if you enchant something like gold/thaumium then stick it on something that is a bit more durable.

Reactions: RavynousHunter

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
You can transfer enchants from one item onto another with the Uncrafting Table from Twilight Forest, although that only really tends to be useful if you enchant something like gold/thaumium then stick it on something that is a bit more durable.
Okay, that's one of the most clever ideas I've heard in quite a while.

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, that's one of the most clever ideas I've heard in quite a while.

That's part of the idea, enchanting a gold tool at 10 levels gets you at the highest enchantment range, and then the cost of ripping an enchantment onto the corresponding gem won't be too high.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Changing the adding modifier mechanic to be done in the anvil would have been quite easy to implement with the anvil event. Before the event the anvil was a vanilla locked piece of trash :p.

I was kinda hoping for the bookshelf mechanic as well.
(though not quite a strict; something like a 21x21x19 block with every other shelf providing an additional exp level)

Reactions: Padfoote