[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

TrivGaming

Jul 29, 2019
New contest!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
So, with the number of people playing greatly increasing I shall try this again...

What I want is to see the building skills of the playerbase potentially to add a new town to the modpack.
Some Guidelines:

• Build needs to be in middle-earth
  • Try to give it a shire-esque feeling (remember hobbits)
  • Don't need any NPC's built, but decorate to your hearts content
The winner will be chosen from a panel of seasoned pack players and not only will their build be used in-game as a second town to be added to the pack, but they will get a permanent NPC added.

The concept is that the town should be a major town along the line of draconis and will be the staging ground for another series of quests I have been mulling over.

If you have a build you want to submit, place the entire middle-earth folder in an archive, upload to dropbox, google drive, etc, and provide me a link via PM.

Yes, and newest version addresses that bug and should be fixed in the next update which I am going to TRY to push out tomorrow.
do you want just one house or do you want a set of houses to look at??

eDilettante

Jul 29, 2019
Some postcards from my recent adventures...

Hey you witches, it's New Year's not Halloween!
Witches.jpg

Found an awesome looking Ninja hideout...
NinjaHut.jpg

With swordsmen and archers and cool armor...
NinjaSword.jpg

TintedPixel

Jul 29, 2019
New contest!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
So, with the number of people playing greatly increasing I shall try this again...

What I want is to see the building skills of the playerbase potentially to add a new town to the modpack.
Some Guidelines:

• Build needs to be in middle-earth
  • Try to give it a shire-esque feeling (remember hobbits)
  • Don't need any NPC's built, but decorate to your hearts content
The winner will be chosen from a panel of seasoned pack players and not only will their build be used in-game as a second town to be added to the pack, but they will get a permanent NPC added.

The concept is that the town should be a major town along the line of draconis and will be the staging ground for another series of quests I have been mulling over.

If you have a build you want to submit, place the entire middle-earth folder in an archive, upload to dropbox, google drive, etc, and provide me a link via PM.

Yes, and newest version addresses that bug and should be fixed in the next update which I am going to TRY to push out tomorrow.

When will the contest run til? are there any specific dates we must have the build ready by? Any info would be much appreciated :)

Zankou

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I was playing fine this am. when i tried to start it up again this happened. I can get to the title screen but when i try to launch my world it crashes. Help please.
http://pastebin.com/uS1ds2Mh

Edit: I was finally able to get into my world and the first thing I see is a pech merged with a silverwood tree that I had just planted(it grew). I have no idea if that's what caused it.

Last edited:

Brandon3055

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I was playing fine this am. when i tried to start it up again this happened. I can get to the title screen but when i try to launch my world it crashes. Help please.

That looks like a problem with a tile entity renderer what was the last block you placed/interacted with before the crash? There have been some problems with the travelers gear armor stand but i think that was fixed.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, doesn't point to any one mod unfortunately...All I can offer up is to possibly start a new map, then after the map loads copy over your region files from your old map into the new one to see if that fixes it. Looks like possibly and entity issue, but all it refers to in the vanilla rendering engine.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Zankou

Jul 29, 2019
That looks like a problem with a tile entity renderer what was the last block you placed/interacted with before the crash? There have been some problems with the travelers gear armor stand but i think that was fixed.
Hmmm, doesn't point to any one mod unfortunately...All I can offer up is to possibly start a new map, then after the map loads copy over your region files from your old map into the new one to see if that fixes it. Looks like possibly and entity issue, but all it refers to in the vanilla rendering engine.
The last thing I did was kill a skeleton with my Draconic sword. Right before that I planted a silverwood tree.
after 12 tries I got it to load. Thanks for the quick responses.

Tigerlore

Jul 29, 2019
A produce stand in town would be nice. I've spent hours searching the world for tomatoes and onions and have come up empty. I'm doing the Man V. Food quest. Plus, from a role-play point of view, it just makes sense that someone would sell fruits and veggies in town. Doesn't it?

BTW, I absolutely LOVE this pack! Thank you so very much for making it. :)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
  • Market Update - v2.3.13
    • Mods Updated
      • AsieLib
      • ImmibisCore
      • OpenModLib
      • Binnie's Mod - Finally! No more shenanigans on my part to update BuildCraft and RailCraft
      • Blood Magic _ This is the one with Tier 6 altars
      • Carpenter's Blocks
      • Open Blocks
      • Refined Relocation
      • Custom Main Menu - Redesigned the main menu, let me know what you think!
      • Not Enough Keys
      • TiC ToolTips
    • Configs Changed
      • Derp with Draconic Evolution, should properly acknowledge the awesomeness now
      • Minor multiple config tweaks
    • CustomNPC update
      • Vegetable Seller and fruit seller now sell Pam's Bushes to make it easier to find stuff (remember, they will spread on their own if you let them)
      • Fisherman now sells raw minecraft fish
I'll update the OP once I confirm it is available on the launcher.

@TheRangerX if you haven't started already, can we wait to update the server to this version instead?

B1gJPMB

Jul 29, 2019
I think in the last update there was a error cause now my wyvern pick has the message that the vanilla tools have: This tool cannot mine anything! It can only be used for crafting.
Is this fixed in the newest update or is this still an issue?Also, everytime I try to donwload the server pack from FTB it says the file was corrupt.

B1gJPMB

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing I found there's a quest in " The Age of Industry" in the quest book that's called "Even Better" it wants you to "manual submit" an Alumite ingot and a ball of moss and in return you get a block of alumite. For some reason if you submit 2 balls of moss the quest gets completed. Also with the quest that follows. If you submit 1 zombie head and 2 skeleton heads it gets completed.

Figured I'd say something.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Is this fixed in the newest update or is this still an issue?Also, everytime I try to donwload the server pack from FTB it says the file was corrupt.
Configs Changed
And yeah, the problem is the way those mods track items, no real good way to force exactly what I want there, but the quest still serves the purpose.

Matthewk1000

Jul 29, 2019
  • Market Update - v2.3.13
    • Mods Updated
      • AsieLib
      • ImmibisCore
      • OpenModLib
      • Binnie's Mod - Finally! No more shenanigans on my part to update BuildCraft and RailCraft
      • Blood Magic _ This is the one with Tier 6 altars
      • Carpenter's Blocks
      • Open Blocks
      • Refined Relocation
      • Custom Main Menu - Redesigned the main menu, let me know what you think!
      • Not Enough Keys
      • TiC ToolTips
    • Configs Changed
      • Minor multiple config tweaks
    • CustomNPC update
      • Vegetable Seller and fruit seller now sell Pam's Bushes to make it easier to find stuff (remember, they will spread on their own if you let them)
      • Fisherman now sells raw minecraft fish
I'll update the OP once I confirm it is available on the launcher.

@TheRangerX if you haven't started already, can we wait to update the server to this version instead?

Oh update can't wait didn't know some of these mods had updated yet even but I knew about Blood Magic. Just a little heads up I am very involved with helping with bugs for clothing craft well Kitty there is going to be soon a big bug update to fix bugs like instant death with hat and can't craft carpet. Just a little heads up for that.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Oh update can't wait didn't know some of these mods had updated yet even but I knew about Blood Magic. Just a little heads up I am very involved with helping with bugs for clothing craft well Kitty there is going to be soon a big bug update to fix bugs like instant death with hat and can't craft carpet. Just a little heads up for that.
I actually had his mod in my pack in the beginning, but some of the recipe overwrites and bugs were too much. If he can get it to a much more stable state and remove the recipe conflicts I reported i would love to put it back in the pack.

Same reason I haven't added adventure backpacks yet, wish he would just use a gui like the backpack mod we currently have instead of using a baubles slot.

Matthewk1000

Jul 29, 2019
I actually had his mod in my pack in the beginning, but some of the recipe overwrites and bugs were too much. If he can get it to a much more stable state and remove the recipe conflicts I reported i would love to put it back in the pack.

Same reason I haven't added adventure backpacks yet, wish he would just use a gui like the backpack mod we currently have instead of using a baubles slot.
Yes he is working on bugs you can tell me some of the bugs and i can ask him to get them done sooner as he is busy updating now so if he knows now he will have a point of doing them. :D I hope I can help. :D