[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I would say go ahead and disable the residual heat for future releases. As far as the server goes, it's probably crashing from trying to remove all the residual heat "blocks" on server startup, from what i've read it's pretty resource intensive. I would say bring the server map into a world editing program and manually delete all the residual heat blocks.

Thanks :D I will go ahead and remove it for the next version then.

I actually did remove the heat blocks in SP and uploaded it back onto the server but still had alot of crashes and other issues :p

Lhamabomb

Jul 29, 2019
TFC 79.14 changelog :

Replaced all Blocks.air checks with isAir() for better compatibility. Should fix inability to till random soil blocks when Railcraft is installed.

Looks like Bioxx is on their A game lol. Guess you don't have to disable those residual heat blocks after all lol

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
TFC 79.14 changelog :

Replaced all Blocks.air checks with isAir() for better compatibility. Should fix inability to till random soil blocks when Railcraft is installed.

Looks like Bioxx is on their A game lol. Guess you don't have to disable those residual heat blocks after all lol

Oh, that sounds very cool :D

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I love this pack and wanted my friend to play it, but since neither of us could download the current version due to a previously mentioned bug, and the fact that the server files for download on the launcher are for the aforementioned version, we found ourselves confused as to what to do. I have thus decided to open a support post here:

http://support.feed-the-beast.com/t/launcher-forgets-to-download-mods/8397?u=1sdan

Hopefully we can stamp out this bug.

Lhamabomb

Jul 29, 2019
I love this pack and wanted my friend to play it, but since neither of us could download the current version due to a previously mentioned bug, and the fact that the server files for download on the launcher are for the aforementioned version, we found ourselves confused as to what to do. I have thus decided to open a support post here:

http://support.feed-the-beast.com/t/launcher-forgets-to-download-mods/8397?u=1sdan

Hopefully we can stamp out this bug.

In the meantime, 0.0.10 is still able to be downloaded. I would recommend upgrading TFC to 0.79.13 though to fix the grass bug and see above for the fix regarding railcraft residual heat bug (or upgrade TFC to 79.14 :p)

Reactions: OneWolfe

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
In the meantime, 0.0.10 is still able to be downloaded. I would recommend upgrading TFC to 0.79.13 though to fix the grass bug and see above for the fix regarding railcraft residual heat bug (or upgrade TFC to 79.14 :p)

But I can't get the server folders for 0.0.10, so that doesn't help at all

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
But I can't get the server folders for 0.0.10, so that doesn't help at all

The only difference between the client and server downloads is just a couple of client only mods were removed: ArmorStatusHud, bspkrsCore, and SoundFilters. Everything else should be exactly the same. Just remove them and try using the remaining mods on the server. If your having any issues let me know and I try to help with getting something working.

Reactions: 1SDAN and Lhamabomb

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry ...
I might suggest running an older version for now, until FTB is able to resolve the issues with their launcher.

What zip implementation are you using? Occasionally perfectly correct zip files are produced that the zlib java library has trouble reading for whatever reason. I doubt this problem is a fault of either you or the FTB launcher.
You may however want to try using different software to create your zip files in the hopes it will produce one that can be read properly by this library.

I'd really like to play the latest version of your pack.

Reactions: 1SDAN

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012

Have you actually done that yourself? I've tried but there seems to be an incompatibility with something in the 79.14 version. It crashes with a ticking memory error.

Lhamabomb

Jul 29, 2019
Have you actually done that yourself? I've tried but there seems to be an incompatibility with something in the 79.14 version. It crashes with a ticking memory error.

I updated mine to .13, not .14 yet. Do you have a crash log you could post? might be able to work out where the issue is coming from.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I updated mine to .13, not .14 yet. Do you have a crash log you could post? might be able to work out where the issue is coming from.

Wouldn't do any good honestly lol. I've tried going over the logs quite thoroughly to no avail but had no patience to work mod by mod. I also quit the pack because it was consistently crashing my entire computer. Not really sure why but yeah.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't do any good honestly lol. I've tried going over the logs quite thoroughly to no avail but had no patience to work mod by mod. I also quit the pack because it was consistently crashing my entire computer. Not really sure why but yeah.

Your entire COMPUTER???

Are you sure it just didn't run out of memory and crashed it like that?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Your entire COMPUTER???

Are you sure it just didn't run out of memory and crashed it like that?

Positive. Tested it 4 different times all with well over 2 gigs of unused ram and not even 50% CPU.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012

Yeah the bit that worries me is if it's intentional by some mod or whether it's just an oversight or just some really really bad mod interaction. The only thing is at each of the 4 crashes I was doing entirely different things.

So yea. I just gave up on this one lmao.

Lhamabomb

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah the bit that worries me is if it's intentional by some mod or whether it's just an oversight or just some really really bad mod interaction. The only thing is at each of the 4 crashes I was doing entirely different things.

So yea. I just gave up on this one lmao.

Bunch of questions here. How much RAM did you allocate to the game? Was your game doing a lot of chunk generation (i.e. exploring) when you got your crashes? How old is your computer? Have you tried installing fastcraft?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Bunch of questions here. How much RAM did you allocate to the game? Was your game doing a lot of chunk generation (i.e. exploring) when you got your crashes? How old is your computer? Have you tried installing fastcraft?

4 gigs of ram maximum 1.25 minimum. No. Usually sitting in my first "base" Time in-game was also fairly random. 4 years or so? It's completely up to date but not horrid either after fixing it up a bit. Yes. With and without.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
So I found the issue. No worries it's not a problem with the pack.

Reactions: 1SDAN

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
So I found the issue. No worries it's not a problem with the pack.

Sorry I missed all of this over the last week :(
I do have some RAM issues when some of the larger ruins generate, and occasionally one of the mob spawners has a bad tag which causes my test server to crash so I am still trying to track down the problem.
I would however like to hear what you discovered and the solution to fix it :D

Thank you,
OneWolfe-