Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I'd like to suggest a range increase between pylons and a way to move a node? (not sure what to call them towers).
You probably mean repeaters; pylons are the towers.

As it happens, yes, their range has been increased by 50% in v3.

I'd also like a way to just shine whatever lights I want when I want, maybe a fireworks control box of some sort? I'm sorry, but nothing say magic like a good light show.
What do you mean? RC already has a firework machine.

Reactions: J|nxed

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
You probably mean repeaters; pylons are the towers.

As it happens, yes, their range has been increased by 50% in v3.

What do you mean? RC already has a firework machine.
I think they meant something that displays lights that has a GUI like your fireworks machine.

Reactions: J|nxed

J|nxed

Jul 29, 2019
While on my hunt for documentation, I did see one video of you charging a pylon? Even if I have to break into creative to do it, it might be worth it. But even just the extra range will be nice! :D

As for the light show, you have lasers in this and colored discs, but for the life of me I can't get a laser to work. I thought for sure they would take an energized crystal?
A lot of the casting I see you do in your preview would be an awesome thing for a person to have control of. Just the lighting effects themselves that happen! Can't help it, I like flair! Could you imagine a lightshow + fireworks? >:)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
While on my hunt for documentation, I did see one video of you charging a pylon? Even if I have to break into creative to do it, it might be worth it. But even just the extra range will be nice! :D

As for the light show, you have lasers in this and colored discs, but for the life of me I can't get a laser to work. I thought for sure they would take an energized crystal?
A lot of the casting I see you do in your preview would be an awesome thing for a person to have control of. Just the lighting effects themselves that happen! Can't help it, I like flair! Could you imagine a lightshow + fireworks? >:)
So a particle effect machine?

Reactions: abculatter_2

Omega Haxors

Jul 29, 2019
So a particle effect machine?

Before you walk into the "that exists in RotaryCraft" wall that is inevitable, I think he's referring to the particle effects that exist within ChromatiCraft. Maybe some new ones.

Think of it like a light show, with beams of light being pointed into the sky sort of like a spotlight for beautiful effect. Angle it differently or change the effect. The input colors determine what color the particles are.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Before you walk into the "that exists in RotaryCraft" wall that is inevitable, I think he's referring to the particle effects that exist within ChromatiCraft. Maybe some new ones.

Think of it like a light show, with beams of light being pointed into the sky sort of like a spotlight for beautiful effect. Angle it differently or change the effect. The input colors determine what color the particles are.
I already knew that, but I am somewhat ambivalent about whether that will find significant use and whether it can be done so in a way that is not hard on performance.

Kumquat Alchemist

Jul 29, 2019
I must not have slept well; I just installed two mods, one being ChromatiCraft, and for neither did I remember to install their requisite APIs.

Stupidity aside, I am looking forward to trying this out! I imagine I'll have issues trying it on an already heavily-generated world, but if it proves interesting enough (which I am sure it will be) I can always dedicate a Mystcraft Age purely to ChromatiCraft contraptions, assuming that the Pylon spawning in V3 is still only determined by whether or not they have a clear view of the sky, and is not restricted in other dimensions.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to move a pylon through technology such as AE2 spatial pylons, BM teleposers or another method? Or, if you move them, do they irreparably break?

Omega Haxors

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed while holding shift that some items contain crystal energy which from what I understand is used for the fabricator. So two questions:

1. Is it possible to produce crystal power from these items, and if so, how?

2. Some items such as nether stars can be fabricated, but require more than the fabricator can hold. Is this intended?

Edit: It seems dropping chroma berries into a pool of chroma will change its color. Not sure what purpose this fulfills, but it will be interesting to see what can be done.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I noticed while holding shift that some items contain crystal energy which from what I understand is used for the fabricator. So two questions:

1. Is it possible to produce crystal power from these items, and if so, how?

2. Some items such as nether stars can be fabricated, but require more than the fabricator can hold. Is this intended?

Edit: It seems dropping chroma berries into a pool of chroma will change its color. Not sure what purpose this fulfills, but it will be interesting to see what can be done.
No, no, and try adding shards.

Omega Haxors

Jul 29, 2019
Could you please add a method to melt items down into crystal power?

I want to make a large crystal farm and then use that to make a mock-pylon.

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
Could pylons (or some other unknown substitution) spawn more frequently in some magical Biomes? Like Ender-Forest, Magical Forest, or Mystic Grove.