[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
Kazekai, I'm running a stripped down version of this and I still get a complete frame freeze every minute or so for 1 second. No idea what's causing it.

I have no idea either. I seem to get that problem when I load certain areas. At first I thought it was the trees but I can be in a heavily forested area and experience no lag so I don't think it's that. It might be something underground since the entire vertical geometry of a chunk is loaded but I wouldn't know because I don't like to mine. (I just steal ore from my friends and leave them pies as thank-yous.)

It could very well be a mod, I wouldn't know which though. I hear negative things about TE's effect on clients but I've been on servers that use it (the city boys I play with can't survive without fancy metal boxes filled with lava) and never experienced lag like this so it might be one mod, but two mods conflicting somehow...

I haven't ruled out this being on my end and am still looking for ways to resolve it but I cannot think of any other explanation for unexplained localized lag spikes

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea either. I seem to get that problem when I load certain areas. At first I thought it was the trees but I can be in a heavily forested area and experience no lag so I don't think it's that. It might be something underground since the entire vertical geometry of a chunk is loaded but I wouldn't know because I don't like to mine. (I just steal ore from my friends and leave them pies as thank-yous.)

It could very well be a mod, I wouldn't know which though. I hear negative things about TE's effect on clients but I've been on servers that use it (the city boys I play with can't survive without fancy metal boxes filled with lava) and never experienced lag like this so it might be one mod, but two mods conflicting somehow...

I haven't ruled out this being on my end and am still looking for ways to resolve it but I cannot think of any other explanation for unexplained localized lag spikes

The once a minute spike is consistent. standing still, nothing happening, still get spikes.

If I'm exploring,

generation of terrain MURDERS my frames, locks it up for up to a few seconds if I move too fast.

How I disable the Log File function, that do make the *.log.gz files in the Logs folder ? (the third)

99% sure you can't

Reactions: Internuntius

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
cron job a deletion.

I can't see how a server that fits a map and the server on 5GB is powerful enough to support enough players to end up with 1GB of log files a day though...

Puzzlebark

Jul 29, 2019
Might sound dumb for asking, but how do you till soil in this pack? My mattock and hoe won't turn dirt or grass to farmland.

MadMax-X

Jan 12, 2014
For everyone with Morpheus problems:
The Morpheus jar in the server pack is the MC1.8 version. Until this is fixed in the next version, you can get the latest MC1.7 version here.
(I posted this on github also, this is just the PSA for server owners.)

Daxamar

Nov 21, 2012
For everyone with Morpheus problems:
The Morpheus jar in the server pack is the MC1.8 version. Until this is fixed in the next version, you can get the latest MC1.7 version here.
(I posted this on github also, this is just the PSA for server owners.)

Thanks so much! Really needed Morpheus!

Reactions: Yulife

Vincent544495

Jul 29, 2019
Really enjoy this pack, one of the best ones i've ever played. But recently i have encountered a crash. I started playing my world on version 1.1.3, i think. Updated to 1.1.4, no problem! 1.1.5 came out and i couldn't load the world. It says blocks/items is missing followed by a list of about 80 items, starting with a few items from "Chococraft". Same issue with 1.1.7. World loads perfectly fine in 1.1.4. If i hit the button that deletes the missing items/blocks minecraft crashes. Thanks in advance!

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Really enjoy this pack, one of the best ones i've ever played. But recently i have encountered a crash. I started playing my world on version 1.1.3, i think. Updated to 1.1.4, no problem! 1.1.5 came out and i couldn't load the world. It says blocks/items is missing followed by a list of about 80 items, starting with a few items from "Chococraft". Same issue with 1.1.7. World loads perfectly fine in 1.1.4. If i hit the button that deletes the missing items/blocks minecraft crashes. Thanks in advance!
I might need the crashlog?

Reactions: Vincent544495

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, decided to post it on demand:
http://pastebin.com/fEHBZPLS
And thanks for the quick reply!
Ugh, seems like your HQM data was corrupted as well =/ iirc this only happened/happens to a certain percentage of people and it means you lose your quest data. To delete your quest data, go into your "minecraft" folder -> "saves" -> "[the name of your world] and delete the "HardcoreQuesting" folder inside of that. Start your game and have fun ~ If you want to regain your quest data, you can do /hqm edit to get the quests again that you unlocked before.

Vincent544495

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh, seems like your HQM data was corrupted as well =/ iirc this only happened/happens to a certain percentage of people and it means you lose your quest data. To delete your quest data, go into your "minecraft" folder -> "saves" -> "[the name of your world] and delete the "HardcoreQuesting" folder inside of that. Start your game and have fun ~ If you want to regain your quest data, you can do /hqm edit to get the quests again that you unlocked before.

Thank you so much! Everything works and i can continue my journey! :D BTw, has anythinng happened to chococraft that caused this forge to not like the world? still works good tho.

Reactions: Yulife

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
BTw, has anythinng happened to chococraft that caused this forge to not like the world? still works good tho.
Erm, Chococraft didn't cause forge to not "like" your world. Totally separate things.
Chococraft wasn't the issue, it got removed because it was causing lag, not corrupting HQM data.

Reactions: Vincent544495

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
Erm, Chococraft didn't cause forge to not "like" your world. Totally separate things.
Chococraft wasn't the issue, it got removed because it was causing lag, not corrupting HQM data.

I hadn't noticed it causing lag, at least not more lag than usual. I miss it nonetheless, my idiot donkey just isn't the same. ):

Reinstalling java offered a significant lag boost but I still get random spikes and unexplained chunk error canyons. On the upside it lets me locate ore and caves easier :)V) on the downside I have to relog every time it happens and that's quite annoying with how my PC handles security. (read: very strictly. I'm very paranoid.)

Anyway, I have a different problem to report. I cannot complete the meat quest under food from the garden. I've hit manual detect with meat in my inventory but it doesn't seem to recognize it. It has beef at 100% but it won't detect the other three. I don't understand this.

who wants to bet I'll have to ask that last question twice before someone responds to it?

PirateAE

Jul 29, 2019
Well stage one Build of my construction is complete. Tip to tip, its 143 Long, Corner to corner is 138. internal area is 71*71.

Yes its all oak planks, but ive not teched at all(most i have is a TC smelter) and plan to change some of it as i get developed. building this involved leveling the better part of 3 hills (built in an extreme hills biome)

Next stage is to move base to inside the walls and start teching.

Top down

95E6636026C64792304484C0EA1BF4C2BA14FC0C

Side on
5F68ABB9E2DA789836005A7E806164A341DF0564