[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, I am totally mindblown by what I just did.
I'll just leave this here...
3e86ba7126.jpg

If anyone can recognize the set, he will get a cookie! :3

Reactions: Rubber_Duckyy

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
How I love it to get ignored....

but I´ll ask again.....

How I disable the Log File function, that do make the *.log.gz files in the Logs folder ?

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
How I love it to get ignored....

but I´ll ask again.....

How I disable the Log File function, that do make the *.log.gz files in the Logs folder ?

Don't know that you can.

Got a crash using multimc, actually the game just close (not the multimc console). It's happening after maybe 2 hours of playing.
http://paste.ee/p/0KNZQ

The only thing that stands out is "
  1. [02:52:29] [Server thread/WARN]: Wrong location! EntityItem['item.tile.coral2.algae'/34992900, l='New World', x=358.81, y=36.56, z=703.92] (at 22, 43 instead of 22, 44)
Which is odd. Does the game load back up then work for ~2 hours again? Or is it broken for good once this happens? That same error seems to happen every 5-6 minutes.

Waisse

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know that you can.

The only thing that stands out is "
  1. [02:52:29] [Server thread/WARN]: Wrong location! EntityItem['item.tile.coral2.algae'/34992900, l='New World', x=358.81, y=36.56, z=703.92] (at 22, 43 instead of 22, 44)
Which is odd. Does the game load back up then work for ~2 hours again? Or is it broken for good once this happens? That same error seems to happen every 5-6 minutes.

30s rollback, nothing else.

Alexander Anishin

Jul 29, 2019
Yulife, please, remove the quest in the 'Initium', that requires Iron Gear Box, because this item is unavailable (uncraftable).
And what do you think about adding MineChem 5 in your modpack?

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Yulife, please, remove the quest in the 'Initium', that requires Iron Gear Box, because this item is unavailable (uncraftable).

Its intentionally uncraftable as the recipe was disabled by Yulife due to the block corrupting worlds. We are waiting on a update to the mod it's from to fix it.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Its intentionally uncraftable as the recipe was disabled by Yulife due to the block corrupting worlds. We are waiting on a update to the mod it's from to fix it.
Yup. But seriously, why would I remove a quest because I intentionally removed the recipe.

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have a beefy PC that I built for really intense resource usage including minecraft which is one of the most resource intensive programs I run that isn't a graphical program. I can run modpacks with 180+ mods in them, a 64x texture pack, optifine and all optifine-related lag issues, and a shaderpack with barely a hiccup.

But this pack is different. Somehow, it causes me so much lag at random that it eventually becomes unplayable and the only solution is to restart the instance and since it also takes the longest time to load of any pack I've ever used, every night since we started playing with it has ended in me quitting after some fatal memory error. I have done everything with my PC that I know to do and according to my task manager the game at its pique is only using 1/3rd of my RAM and 1.5 of my cores and it's starting to drive me insane.

Installing fastcraft on the instance somewhat helped with the lag but not by much.

Ditching journeymap in favor of voxelmap offered another boost but again, not by much

The only thing I haven't tried yet is running the pack in multimc instead of FTB, doing that in the past helped with difficult packs but then again, so did the other two things I tried...

Is anyone else having random spikes in lag or being kicked from servers because of "fatal block mismatches" (I am using the same instance as everyone else and when I restart the instance I can log in just fine so I don't know what it's talking about) or having Mine & Blade randomly decide it won't let me disarm? Maybe there are some options I missed in the launcher? (I changed the RAM allocation from 2 to 4GB, it helped...barely.) Because if the problem isn't my PC and it isn't the server (I play on this server a lot, I have never had an issue with it before this pack) then it's either the pack or the launcher and I am just at a loss.

Also, this isn't an attack on the pack author, I'm just frustrated and out of ideas on what to do. I'm hoping this isn't an isolated issue.

Bubbajr114

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have a beefy PC that I built for really intense resource usage including minecraft which is one of the most resource intensive programs I run that isn't a graphical program. I can run modpacks with 180+ mods in them, a 64x texture pack, optifine and all optifine-related lag issues, and a shaderpack with barely a hiccup.

But this pack is different. Somehow, it causes me so much lag at random that it eventually becomes unplayable and the only solution is to restart the instance and since it also takes the longest time to load of any pack I've ever used, every night since we started playing with it has ended in me quitting after some fatal memory error. I have done everything with my PC that I know to do and according to my task manager the game at its pique is only using 1/3rd of my RAM and 1.5 of my cores and it's starting to drive me insane.

Installing fastcraft on the instance somewhat helped with the lag but not by much.

Ditching journeymap in favor of voxelmap offered another boost but again, not by much

The only thing I haven't tried yet is running the pack in multimc instead of FTB, doing that in the past helped with difficult packs but then again, so did the other two things I tried...

Is anyone else having random spikes in lag or being kicked from servers because of "fatal block mismatches" (I am using the same instance as everyone else and when I restart the instance I can log in just fine so I don't know what it's talking about) or having Mine & Blade randomly decide it won't let me disarm? Maybe there are some options I missed in the launcher? (I changed the RAM allocation from 2 to 4GB, it helped...barely.) Because if the problem isn't my PC and it isn't the server (I play on this server a lot, I have never had an issue with it before this pack) then it's either the pack or the launcher and I am just at a loss.

Also, this isn't an attack on the pack author, I'm just frustrated and out of ideas on what to do. I'm hoping this isn't an isolated issue.
I had the same issue you are having worth a few 1.7.10 packs. Question are you using java 7 or 8? I know the community is split on it but upgrading to java 8 fixed all issues I was having.

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
@Kazekai : Can i know your PC config ? I'd like to compare with mine to see if i'm far from playing with some ressource bonus (64x, shaders...) or if i can try ^^

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
Kazekai, I'm running a stripped down version of this and I still get a complete frame freeze every minute or so for 1 second. No idea what's causing it.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Just an FYI, I'm not sure which version(s) of Extra Cells has the issue, but the fluid import bus causes periodic lag spikes while importing fluids. I've since updated to Applied Energistics rv2 and the latest Extra Cells and that problem no longer exists. However, if anyone else is having that problem and you decide to update those mods, keep in mind that you will have to disable Thaumic Energistics since it is not rv2 compatible and you will lose the ability to do the quests that require Thaumic Energistics. You might also get disconnected when opening a reward bag if the random reward happens to be something from Thaumic Energistics. That is not much of an issue since you can just re-log in and re-open the reward bag and get a different random reward.

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
@Kazekai : Can i know your PC config ? I'd like to compare with mine to see if i'm far from playing with some ressource bonus (64x, shaders...) or if i can try ^^

You mean my hardware? Here's an old screencap I took of the basic windows info when I first got it for comparisons to my old one:
http://i.imgur.com/PZMONqr.png

as for shaders I'm using an NVIDIA geforce gtx 660, as I understand it the shaders have inconsistent results between NVIDIA and ATI cards and like pretty much everything else on a PC are unusable by intel "GPUs" at all.

on-topic: I'm having less lag tonight but not by much and I seem to get a build-up of it overtime which has never happened to me before on any other pack. My guess is either a memory leak or the game's cache getting too crowded and not emptying out like it should which isn't the fault of the mod authors or the pack creators since I don't know if they can actually do something about it and since I've used all of these mods before and never had this problem any other time, I'm gonna say it isn't them.

I could try reinstalling java, I'm out of ideas anyway so why not.