[1.7.10] Automata — RPG, HQM, Reputation Systems, Custom Ore Gen, Mystcraft Ages

Should I add a magic mod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
That's strange, I just tested it in a fresh 0.7.0 instance and it worked. Detected it as soon as I had them in my inventory.

Sunrayn

Jul 29, 2019
No go. Even double checked to make sure they were iron. put them in storage, threw them on the floor, gonna try relogging.

ETA--Didn't work

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Forbidden magic is mainly nice for the inter-mod stuff although it has some nice stuff as is, if you're adding botania/blood magic possibly just make them harder to get into? Actually you could even do that with thaumcraft, make the recipe for the first wand require the mystcraft magic crystals or something. Botania without flower gen requires the floral fertilizer to get your initial flowers so you could do something with that to require infused bonemeal or something. Blood magic has the altar of course, can't remember if it requires an enchanting table but something could easy be done there.

For a question though, any kind of info on the distillery/brewery exist anywhere? I've been having trouble figuring out how to use them and haven't been able to figure out anything to do with the alcohol anyway as you can't seem to consume the bottles, I've got this drum of mash you put in and have figured out how to get it into a distillery and turn to whiskey/vodka/spirit at least and that's all. No idea what to do with the brewery or how to get yeast or anything, it's all irritating as I figure an entire drum of stuff could be quite good. I also haven't figured out what to do with mouldy/decaying wheat.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
For a question though, any kind of info on the distillery/brewery exist anywhere? I've been having trouble figuring out how to use them and haven't been able to figure out anything to do with the alcohol anyway as you can't seem to consume the bottles, I've got this drum of mash you put in and have figured out how to get it into a distillery and turn to whiskey/vodka/spirit at least and that's all. No idea what to do with the brewery or how to get yeast or anything, it's all irritating as I figure an entire drum of stuff could be quite good. I also haven't figured out what to do with mouldy/decaying wheat.
The lack of documentation for the new Binnie's Mods is frustrating. I'm really tempted to add quests for his mods, just so more people can learn about them. The only info I know of for this update of his mods is from this blog here documenting bee/tree genetics so far. Maybe she'll post about brewing eventually.
As for the wheat, throw them into a Moistener. Throw in some seeds to eventually get Mycelium, which will unlock a few hidden quests once you get far enough.

Viskase900

Jul 29, 2019
I think a good potential mod to add would be minechem.

It would not unbalance the resources at all since it takes a decent amount of power to operate the machines but would add another industrial type mod that would fit in pretty well with a factory setting as well as add additional possibilities for quests while making it another way to get some materials by sacrificing large quantities of others.

Also adding it would not require any real extra effort on Biochao's part other than possibly modifying uranium spawn rate since it is the only world gen item added.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Several long hours!! I finally got the village looking half way decent. I figured the village is surrounded by Dark Wood Oak Trees so why wouldn't there houses be built with the stuff. I went though a 100+ stone tools to destroy house after house and slowly moved, leveled and fixed everything. Now I'm in the process of teaching the villagers to mow there lawns. It's not going so well, they just honk at me:)
2014-12-12_204350.png

Reactions: Biochao

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Well I don't know how I didn't just mess that up!!?? I did a huge overhaul of the village and didn't know I was going to be given a link book back home, so I used it and didn't put a house for me to suffocate in.lol

Is there parts of Mystcraft disabled? Or is there going to be more link books given besides the first 2?

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I think I'm kind of stuck.
Spoilered for early game quest info
On my way to getting 1000 sand via a pulverizer powered by charcoal, and I've cleared out the factory and fortress of mobs and lit them up. Got to the nether. The butterflies quest - I've collected a couple dozen from the fortress area, but none of them are Monarchs.
Only ores I can get in quantity is via oreberries (too dangerous to mine in the nether as pigmen attack when you mine). Obviously there's a huge amount of waiting around for these to grow.
Some advice would be appreciated.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
On my way to getting 1000 sand via a pulverizer powered by charcoal, and I've cleared out the factory and fortress of mobs and lit them up. Got to the nether. The butterflies quest - I've collected a couple dozen from the fortress area, but none of them are Monarchs.
Only ores I can get in quantity is via oreberries (too dangerous to mine in the nether as pigmen attack when you mine). Obviously there's a huge amount of waiting around for these to grow.
A basic suggestion for nether mining is treat it like overworld mining, caves are faster but more dangerous but your normal mining through the ground techniques work perfectly fine in the nether.

I'd also personally say no to adding MineChem, while it's a great mod it is very powerful and wouldn't fit very well here with its sci-fi ish feel. The feel of automating things with buildcraft and railcraft and Steve's carts and stuff is fun and atypical, there's no conduits or anything and the magical parts just augment that, it's why botania could be a great addition, blood magic less so. I'd almost say to consider nerfing or even removing MFR, AE2 as well even if for no buses, I wonder if replacing with Logisitics pipes could work? A need for people to use mods like buildcraft and steves carts could be really interesting with the industrial theme and make this stand out, they can do a lot of impressive stuff after all.

Hmm, almost makes me want to make it, could be fun and might actually look into that.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Well I don't know how I didn't just mess that up!!?? I did a huge overhaul of the village and didn't know I was going to be given a link book back home, so I used it and didn't put a house for me to suffocate in.lol

Is there parts of Mystcraft disabled? Or is there going to be more link books given besides the first 2?
Crafting the writing desk is disabled, but there is one in the world and one available through quests. Both will be unaccessable until the very end of the story. Also, at the end of the story you'll gain access to a bunch of pre-made ages. There are a few reputation rewards that give linking books as well.

The butterflies quest just needs you to have 25 butterflies of any kind in your inventory for manual detect to work.
If you have these quests completed a new way to gather resources will open up.
"Mined Out"
"Animal Hide"
"Crafting Made EZ"
"Stacks on Stacks"
"Undervoid Awakening"

I'd also personally say no to adding MineChem, while it's a great mod it is very powerful and wouldn't fit very well here with its sci-fi ish feel. The feel of automating things with buildcraft and railcraft and Steve's carts and stuff is fun and atypical, there's no conduits or anything and the magical parts just augment that, it's why botania could be a great addition, blood magic less so. I'd almost say to consider nerfing or even removing MFR, AE2 as well even if for no buses, I wonder if replacing with Logisitics pipes could work? A need for people to use mods like buildcraft and steves carts could be really interesting with the industrial theme and make this stand out, they can do a lot of impressive stuff after all.

Hmm, almost makes me want to make it, could be fun and might actually look into that.
Even though the poll has more votes for Blood Magic I'm pretty set on adding Botania. It just seems more fun to automate as shown by the video Asie posted.
There will be a bunch of recipe changes in the next version. They won't be crazy, they'll just integrate the mods better.

Last edited:

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
The butterflies quest just needs you to have 25 butterflies of any kind in your inventory for manual detect to work.
You're joking *grr* I might suggest changing the quest to state "any butterflies" rather than "monarchs" so the occasional newbie to HQM doesn't waste a lot of time.
Got the 1000 sand quest finally (lot's of cutting down trees for charcoal), and it looks like I lost it all during the quest completion. Is that expected?

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
You're joking *grr* I might suggest changing the quest to state "any butterflies" rather than "monarchs" so the occasional newbie to HQM doesn't waste a lot of time.
Got the 1000 sand quest finally (lot's of cutting down trees for charcoal), and it looks like I lost it all during the quest completion. Is that expected?
Sorry... The next update will have a note explaining any butterfly will work.

Any "Consume Task" quests will take your items. The story explains that you are producing the items for Lord Dalamar. Almost all the quests in "Gears Turning" and "Pipes Pumping" are quests that will consume the items they ask for.

MadMax-X

Jan 12, 2014
Thank you! I had no idea this existed.
First time I stumbled over Lockdown in an FTB challenge map, I wondered where the map download was...
If you use it you should definately put some signs around the forum post, there's probably lots of people like me who don't generate a new world if they're promised a factory ;).

ousire

Jul 29, 2019
I currently can't play this modpack, every time I try to load the game, it freezes and stops responding. I've waited around for the game to load, but the console gives a big list of errors before the window closes and goes back to the launcher screen.

This is the error it gives in the console before it crashes:

[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.RuntimeException: ItemStack with null item found in ShapedRecipes getRecipeOutput()
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at com.rwtema.extrautils.tileentity.enderconstructor.EnderConstructorRecipesHandler.postInit(EnderConstructorRecipesHandler.java:61)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at com.rwtema.extrautils.ExtraUtils.specialInit(ExtraUtils.java:1204)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at com.rwtema.extrautils.ExtraUtils.postInit(ExtraUtils.java:1180)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at com.rwtema.extrautils.ExtraUtilsMod.postInit(ExtraUtilsMod.java:46)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:513)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:694)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:288)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:541)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:867)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.RuntimeException: ItemStack with null item found in ShapedRecipes getRecipeOutput()
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at com.rwtema.extrautils.tileentity.enderconstructor.EnderConstructorRecipesHandler.postInit(EnderConstructorRecipesHandler.java:61)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at com.rwtema.extrautils.ExtraUtils.specialInit(ExtraUtils.java:1204)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at com.rwtema.extrautils.ExtraUtils.postInit(ExtraUtils.java:1180)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at com.rwtema.extrautils.ExtraUtilsMod.postInit(ExtraUtilsMod.java:46)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:513)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:694)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:288)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:541)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:867)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
[05:42:13] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
[05:42:23] [Client thread/INFO] [factorization]: Reloading game settings

Afterwards freezes up for a while, before closing the window and opening the launcher again. Here's the complete text of the console log: http://pastebin.com/QSgMdTSX

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
I currently can't play this modpack, every time I try to load the game, it freezes and stops responding. I've waited around for the game to load, but the console gives a big list of errors before the window closes and goes back to the launcher screen.

This is the error it gives in the console before it crashes:

[05:42:23] [Client thread/INFO] [factorization]: Reloading game settings

Afterwards freezes up for a while, before closing the window and opening the launcher again. Here's the complete text of the console log: http://pastebin.com/QSgMdTSX

That's a strange one... Try force updating the pack.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Version 0.8.0 has been submitted for an update. The map is no longer included as a save. This update will include Lockdown so any new world you create will be the one with the factory. For anyone who already has started in the previous versions, you don't have to restart, just keep playing on the same save file.

Another major update: 22 more quests. The story is complete! Become a "Production Manager" to access the ending. The map has been finalized. YAY! No world resets were required!

Full changelog for when the update is approved:
Added:
  • Logistics Pipes
  • EnderTech
  • Mod Tweaker
  • Botania (Gated behind mid-late game TE)
  • Lockdown

Updated:
  • Buildcraft
  • Automagy
  • CoFH Core
  • Thermal Foundation
  • Minefactory Reloaded
  • Nether Ores
  • Extra Cells

Changes:

Last edited: