[1.7.10] Automata — RPG, HQM, Reputation Systems, Custom Ore Gen, Mystcraft Ages

Should I add a magic mod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Version 0.7.0 is now on the launcher!
Added:
  • Yampst
  • NEI Integration

Updated:
  • Progressive Automation
  • Chisel 2
  • Buildcraft
  • Automagy
  • Pnumaticraft - Click yes to continue when id mismatch screen occurs
  • Simply Jetpacks

Changes:
  • MFR Uses Thermal Expansion Recipes
  • Cheapened recipes that required Tesseracts
  • AutoChisel Recipe Tweaked
  • Funky Locomotion no longer needs Tesseracts

Quests:
Fixed:
  • "Liquid Storage" - Railcraft task is now a Detection task instead of crafting
  • "The Sword" - Not being detected until going to the Nether
  • Skeleton and Creeper killing quest not detecting kills
Tweaks:
  • Reduced the number of kills required for all quests in the monster killing line
  • "How Sappy" - Reduced number of saplings required
  • Tweaked some rewards in the animal farming questline
Added:
  • Early Reputation Rewards questline
  • More repeatable reputation rewards
  • Funky Locomotion questline
  • Builcraft silicon questline
  • Cobblestone questline
  • Some story information quests
The story ending has been put on hold until this is fixed.
The world has a filename addition of 0.6.0 a. Nothing is different, just added the 'a' so nothing got overwritten. I may not be including the world file in the pack download in future versions to save on your HD space. I'd like to hear peoples thoughts on this. Would you rather have a bunch of large worlds that get downloaded with the pack or just use the separate world download link I have in the original post.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Was the village a natural spawn, or did you tweak it? If it's a normal spawned village, I just have to say that how is Minecraft been out for this long now, and they still haven't gotten villages to spawn in better than this?? I thought I read somewhere a while back(A Long time) that they were suppose to spawn with cobble under them/or the gravel paths to try and keep them from looking like a Huge sink hole opened up under them.lol

I just started playing this pack and was taking a look at how I could fix this place up....BUT come on... I know it been 40 years, there just no way that it would get that bad:) It will take some MAJOR work.lol I think I will have to dig a pit to put the towns folk in, and then move each house 1by1 until it looks somewhat level. Great Pack though:):)

k9officer09

Jul 29, 2019
not sure if anyone posted this or if it is only me but there doent seem to be a recipe for the oak wood barrell from factorization. Is that supposed to be that way or did i miss something.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
not sure if anyone posted this or if it is only me but there doent seem to be a recipe for the oak wood barrell from factorization. Is that supposed to be that way or did i miss something.

I just got to that quest, It is just an "oak wood slab "Top Middle", with Oak wood logs around the outside". It's strange, like you said, it doesn't have a recipe for it, but if you pick one of the other barrel (like hopper) and then back track the barrel in the middle it showed the recipe. I could have said the recipe is the same a JABBA, but with out the chest in the middle.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
That's not just you, for some reason it shows an oak wood barrel in addition to the actual barrels but only the normal ones have recipes. There should be a bunch of barrels of some random wood type if you search barrel which the recipes show up for, the recipe otherwise is a slab of wood in top middle with logs around the edge, they all have to be of the same type of wood though.

As far as the pack goes it seems interesting so far, a couple of the quests show up as uncompleted due to lack of rep rewards. I'm still not very far though, no automation of any form started or dimensions visited yet.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Was the village a natural spawn, or did you tweak it? If it's a normal spawned village, I just have to say that how is Minecraft been out for this long now, and they still haven't gotten villages to spawn in better than this?? I thought I read somewhere a while back(A Long time) that they were suppose to spawn with cobble under them/or the gravel paths to try and keep them from looking like a Huge sink hole opened up under them.lol

I just started playing this pack and was taking a look at how I could fix this place up....BUT come on... I know it been 40 years, there just no way that it would get that bad:) It will take some MAJOR work.lol I think I will have to dig a pit to put the towns folk in, and then move each house 1by1 until it looks somewhat level. Great Pack though:):)
It is a Minecraft spawned village that I just added a few things to so the Villagers wouldn't die emedietly. I think cobble under the paths was added in a 1.8 snapshot.
I dunno, 50 or so years can take its toll on abandoned factories.

As far as the pack goes it seems interesting so far, a couple of the quests show up as uncompleted due to lack of rep rewards.
I just came across the workaround for that last night. It's strange how that bug affects this pack more than others due to having more reputation quests.

Sunrayn

Jul 29, 2019
Stacks on Stacks quest for the barrel doesn't recognize the barrel I crafted. Icon shows a Jabba barrel and the quest itself asks for a regular factorization barrel, so I made both. Quest doesn't recognize either of them.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
It is a Minecraft spawned village that I just added a few things to so the Villagers wouldn't die emedietly. I think cobble under the paths was added in a 1.8 snapshot.
I dunno, 50 or so years can take its toll on abandoned factories.

I just came across the workaround for that last night. It's strange how that bug affects this pack more than others due to having more reputation quests.

Yeah the factory looks good, and that would look run down, but the village still has towns folk in it, so it shouldn't look as bad as is does.lol I know you didn't do it, just saying.

I would add a lot of veins to the factory, trees growing in/out of some of the walls, and maybe small bushes around the main factory floor to add to the lore. Just a thought, loving the pack, except the infernal mobs! Not saying to take it out, just mad that when I cleared the front of the factory out...SOME how a SUPER FAST creeper came from behind me(I had my back to the entrence, and it was day out) and it killed me. I had full iron armor & full health.lol I did add to mods, Botania, and Blood Magic.

Sunrayn

Jul 29, 2019
Figured out the barrel problem. Do not use the tables in the factory, specifically, the Machinist Workbench. Use a 'vanilla' crafting table.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Figured out the barrel problem. Do not use the tables in the factory, specifically, the Machinist Workbench. Use a 'vanilla' crafting table.

That's strange, for me the quest ask for the factorization one, then part two asked for a Jabba one. I crafted both in the tinkers crafting table and it worked fine. The recipe shown up for the factorization one if you click on say the the cherry wood type, and just use oak instead.

Sunrayn

Jul 29, 2019
I just made a simple table to make them on a hunch after it didn't work in the Machinist's one. Once a modded table fails, I just revert to vanilla to make sure.

Reactions: RehabOholic

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Just a thought, loving the pack, except the infernal mobs! Not saying to take it out, just mad that when I cleared the front of the factory out...SOME how a SUPER FAST creeper came from behind me(I had my back to the entrence, and it was day out) and it killed me. I had full iron armor & full health.lol I did add to mods, Botania, and Blood Magic.
I am planning on lowering the chances for infernal mobs to spawn more. I want them to surprise you once everytime you go to light up the factory, not every room.

Speaking of Botania and Blood Magic, I've been concidering adding one of them. If I add Botania flower spawning will be disabled and you'll have to craft them somehow; probably involving forestry and crafting some items will harm your reputation a bit. If I add Blood Magic crafting the items will harm your reputation severely.

Which one would everyone prefer?

Sunrayn

Jul 29, 2019

Ummm...Does voting for no magic count? ;) I like having no magic quests getting in the way of my tech, I am a OCD about completing every quest, and when a magic quest pops up in every other HQM pack, I kill a neighbor. Hmmm...Explains why my neighborhood seems empty.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I am planning on lowering the chances for infernal mobs to spawn more. I want them to surprise you once everytime you go to light up the factory, not every room.

Speaking of Botania and Blood Magic, I've been concidering adding one of them. If I add Botania flower spawning will be disabled and you'll have to craft them somehow; probably involving forestry and crafting some items will harm your reputation a bit. If I add Blood Magic crafting the items will harm your reputation severely.

I really like them both, and they tend to play well with each other in small ways. I like the idea of some items harming your rep, but some of blood magic is not considered bad, like when you don't use it to harm passive mobs, etc. As for Botania, I don't see why any of that would give you bad rep. It's Flower/Mana power.lol The only thing I can say is that so far there hasn't been any issues I have run into by adding them both.

Well, back to trying to get further into the factory of DOOM!! lol

Sunrayn

Jul 29, 2019
Liquid Storage. Won't recognize the railcraft tank walls, gauges, or valve being made. Can't even manually submit.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Ummm...Does voting for no magic count? ;) I like having no magic quests getting in the way of my tech, I am a OCD about completing every quest, and when a magic quest pops up in every other HQM pack, I kill a neighbor. Hmmm...Explains why my neighborhood seems empty.
There would only be detect tasks for a few early game magic items.
I've added a poll to the topic for everyone.

Liquid Storage. Won't recognize the railcraft tank walls, gauges, or valve being made. Can't even manually submit.
Are you on pack version 0.7.0? I changed that part of the quest to be a detection task instead of a crafting task.

Also added to the original post is a link to a server download for version 0.7.0. I'll submit it to the launcher the next time I update the pack.

Biochao

Jul 29, 2019
Really? You have 22 Tank Walls, 3 Tank Gauges, and 1 Tank Valve and manual detect is not working?

Sunrayn

Jul 29, 2019
I have 24 tank walls, 8 gauges, and 8 valves Even tried putting extras in storage in case it wanted exact numbers.