Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
The gravel gun fires even if the target is behind cobblestone, wood planks, glass panes, glass, sandstone, iron blocks, and pretty much any other normal block I've tried.
Behind 128 cobble stone? or 127 blocks of air and going through 1 cobble.

Omega Haxors

Jul 29, 2019
I have a suspicion of what's up... Try this:

Attempt to shoot an entity through a wall and then relog.

If your tool still has the same power before you shot the fake shot, chances are the client side and server side disagreed on the outcome of the action. Relogging will force the client to reload information from the server.

There's nothing really much that can be done to fix that if it's the case. It's a very persistent and common bug in minecraft's engine caused by its terribly handled singleplayer/multiplayer system from the beta. This is also why arrows with their speeds modified will render very poorly, even if done through command blocks.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
I just had another wild moment of joy in Rotarycraft. Turns out the wood cutter will replant saplings 3 deep, so even though I'm not using jungle saplings since I prefer BoP Pine, I can still triple my lumber production by depth.

Now for efficiency V!

Also note I found on another page that the woodcutter tries to place the cut items in a chest below, which I didn't realize. I'm using void hoppers and pipes, so it's not a concern.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I just had another wild moment of joy in Rotarycraft. Turns out the wood cutter will replant saplings 3 deep, so even though I'm not using jungle saplings since I prefer BoP Pine, I can still triple my lumber production by depth.

Now for efficiency V!

Also note I found on another page that the woodcutter tries to place the cut items in a chest below, which I didn't realize. I'm using void hoppers and pipes, so it's not a concern.
It replants a sapling anywhere that was occupied by a log and where there is ground to do so.

Reactions: Demosthenex

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Can you add a config option that if you Mine a Spawner with a Bedrock Pickaxe or Borer that if you have EnderIO installed it does not give you the Broken Spawner? Reason being it kind of feels cheap to get multiple forms of spawners from one spawner. Ender IO is also other than yours the only Mainstream mod to do this.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Can you add a config option that if you Mine a Spawner with a Bedrock Pickaxe or Borer that if you have EnderIO installed it does not give you the Broken Spawner? Reason being it kind of feels cheap to get multiple forms of spawners from one spawner. Ender IO is also other than yours the only Mainstream mod to do this.
I cannot control that.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
OMG I have to try a 32 long line of trees now. If correct, it'd be like a lumber axe down the row!

Right, I planted a row 20 long, and when enough grew it ate the row.

So, Reika did you intend for folks to make one cutter per tree, or one cutter per row? If your idea was per row, I'm a total derp for making 8 adjacent ones.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
One cutter per tree, but there is no way to tell one tree from another.

Why not just have a max depth of 2... I did notice that it follows leaves across gaps like the bedrock axe.

You sure you don't want to call that a feature, rather than a bug? I need to test it with vanilla oak trees.

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
There is an config option in EnderIO for this. You can add picks in that don't drop broken spawners. Bedrock Pickaxe is enabled by default.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
But it is only the unintended result of intended behavior, and if I could fix it, I would.

I think the only answer there is to use a single vertical block harvest (1x1xH) method instead of the recursive seek that follows leaves and wood. That may also break large oaks but you can use birch and small jungle, but not large jungle. Even if you changed it to a radius limit from the base it'd still harvest many trees. I understand what you meant by you can't tell them apart.

Overall I don't count wood harvesting as an OP thing, given how crazy fast other mods like MFR do it. A single steam engine gets a block of wood a second max, and if you do a row of trees they have to grow together enough for the algorithm to follow the chain. Plenty of delay there.

Perhaps you don't alter the harvest distance, just the replant distance? ie: you plant only the first two blocks in front of the cutter so you can support large jungle trees.

EDIT: Also charcoal isn't a power source in RoC, which is the primary purpose of most large tree farms. I still don't think a row is too bad given RoC isn't boosted by what you harvest.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
The harvester from MFR also harvests trees from outside the range if they happen to be connected to a tree on the inside. Entire forests may vanish this way.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I think the only answer there is to use a single vertical block harvest (1x1xH) method instead of the recursive seek that follows leaves and wood. That may also break large oaks but you can use birch and small jungle, but not large jungle.
This is absolutely not an option. Not only does it break large trees, but it also breaks any tree with non-columnar trunks.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
This is absolutely not an option. Not only does it break large trees, but it also breaks any tree with non-columnar trunks.

What about only replacing saplings within two spaces of the front of the cutter?

(This discussion is totally not important)