Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
That still breaks large tree compatibility.

Then support of many small trees is not a bug, it's a feature. Many small trees is functionally equivalent to a large tree. Either way I'm impressed with the behavior.

I reset my cutters into a modest tree farm about the same area as I would have with MFR, but it's much much more expensive (8x cutters,8x efficiency V, 8x diamond gears, and 8x steam engines in a FINITE water environment). All that just to make charcoal for a project I want in buildcraft. :p

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
I may just be off my rocker here... But couldn't the tree problem be simplified by simply making the Wood Cutter only break a set amount of wood blocks in front of it? Demosthenex had mentioned 2, but why not just set it to the largest tree added by modded minecraft? If modders release a new, larger tree, then it could be changed again. Or, as long as it doesn't break rotarycraft, have the ability to set the Wood Cutter's harvesting distance in the configs, for server owners and the like.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
I may just be off my rocker here... But couldn't the tree problem be simplified by simply making the Wood Cutter only break a set amount of wood blocks in front of it? Demosthenex had mentioned 2, but why not just set it to the largest tree added by modded minecraft? If modders release a new, larger tree, then it could be changed again. Or, as long as it doesn't break rotarycraft, have the ability to set the Wood Cutter's harvesting distance in the configs, for server owners and the like.
The two problems with that: sacred rubber tree, and Reika most likely doesn't want to spend all his time looking for the largest tree out there.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
It already exists, but it does little good. The largest tree (Natura redwoods) have over fifty thousand log blocks.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
It already exists, but it does little good. The largest tree (Natura redwoods) have over fifty thousand log blocks.
My god, even at one operation a tick, it'd take just a little over 40 minutes to take down a single tree. That's freaking brutal.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019

So, you find one redwood tree, stick a couple of vacuum hoppers or something in the ground underneath them, set up pipes to a bunch of barrels and furnaces, bedrock-axe one of them, and then you're set for furnace fuel and construction wood for life?

... 50, 000? If I turn 4096 of them to charcoal for fuel, to turn the next 32K into charcoal for smelting real stuff, that's only 36K, plus the 1/2K to make the 4K, plus another stack or so to make that -- heck, use saplings to start the thing. And there's still 14K+ for building ... are real redwoods actually that big? Or is that only the "california giants" sized redwoods?

... per tree.

... At least the sacred rubber tree wasn't trying to be realistic, just minecraftic.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
are real redwoods actually that big? Or is that only the "california giants" sized redwoods?
To quote National Geographic:
"Redwoods the size of Saturn rockets sprouted from the ground like giant beanstalks"
snow-tree-645x1708.jpg

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
Just did some reading... The redwood tree from natura is much too big if it has 50,000 blocks of wood.
50,000 blocks = 50,000 m^3
Largest Redwood = Lost Monarch = 1,200 m^2
1,200 m^3 < 50,000 m ^3
... QED
Natura is wrong. neiner neiner neiner.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Just did some reading... The redwood tree from natura is much too big if it has 50,000 blocks of wood.
50,000 blocks = 50,000 m^3
Largest Redwood = Lost Monarch = 1,200 m^2
1,200 m^3 < 50,000 m ^3
... QED
Natura is wrong. neiner neiner neiner.
1487 m³, to be exact. Not counting branches.

LC14199

Jul 29, 2019
Just saying this for the shits and gigs if not for anything else, but is there a way to make it so that we can chop down SRT's? Using machinery and the like. Have like a whole new machine or something that just goes berserk on the rubber trees lol.

(Suggested this because RC is awesome, and the end game shiz is quite often OP, but well balanced. So perhaps adding this functionality would just make people crap their pants at the amount of storage this would require.... not to mention the power requirements) [Oh and lets make this machine use TONNES of lube... just to make it more interesting lol]

PS: SRT = Sacred Rubber Tree

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
*silently points to a sacred rubber tree* 16.5 chunk radius. the trunk alone is around 16x16x100+. not naturally generated, but its still the largest tree.
last estimate I made was somewhere around 3 to 5 MILLION wood blocks.

Reactions: abculatter_2