Suggest Mods for FTB Here

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Last time I checked out this mod there was no config for mob spawning. in fact im still not sure if there is one. I don't mind them adding in stuff and expanding on them later I just don't think it should be called WIP. I'm not quite sure if dryads have any uses but they are extremely annoying, they spawn everywhere and thats my biggest problem with the mod. What I meant by balanced wasn't over power/ under poweredness I meant like actual balance of the content of the game. Like the ratio of mobs/worldgen to other content. Thaumcraft for example has one generated structure that I know of and one naturally spawning mob and also a lot of other content. I think the only mods that should have a lot of mobs/structures are the actual like minecraft overhaul ones (like divine RPG) or mods that are dedicated mainly to adding mobs/structures (like mo creatures or better dungeons) I like the other features of this mod (the nexus, spells, the machines) but the mobs structures and mana bar make me not want to play it altogether
Their use is to get essences that can be used to craft essential items in the mod. As I said before the structures are there for exploration to get the spell recipes to research and create spells with. That is the reason for the many structures. How exactly can you play the mod without the mana bar? It is the key feature to the mod and without it, the mod would be useless.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Their use is to get essences that can be used to craft essential items in the mod. As I said before the structures are there for exploration to get the spell recipes to research and create spells with. That is the reason for the many structures. How exactly can you play the mod without the mana bar? It is the key feature to the mod and without it, the mod would be useless.

Theres a reason for the mobs and structures, still too many of them. I guess the solution would be to not use mana altogether. With all these mods I feel like regular XP is sort of ignored, and for this mod it would just make sense to use XP, because in vanilla its used for enchanting which is of course magic related and of course there could be new machines to generate XP, move it around in pipes and package it into bottles.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Stop clogging my notifications here is a thread http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ars-magica.7127/ go argue there instead this is a suggestion page lets keep it that.
You can turn it off, i'm pretty sure. The conversation was on topic as were were arguing about the usefulness of the ars magica mod in the ultimate pack.

Theres a reason for the mobs and structures, still too many of them. I guess the solution would be to not use mana altogether. With all these mods I feel like regular XP is sort of ignored, and for this mod it would just make sense to use XP, because in vanilla its used for enchanting which is of course magic related and of course there could be new machines to generate XP, move it around in pipes and package it into bottles.

That has been agreed to be way to overused and cliche to be used in the mod, and if XP were to be used instead of mana, the XP bar would have to be constantly refilled.

SpoonsJTD

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I am a little confused. I apologize if this has been discussed. I skimmed through most of the pages and didn't see a comment.

This thread is for suggestions for the official mod pack used for the FTB maps, right? Is there a thread for suggesting mods that should be available for creating custom mod packs for FTB? It seems like it would be pretty valuable to have a list of FTB 'approved' mods that don't necessarily imply that each mod will be in any given pack (like the ultimate pack). 'Approved' just means that the mod can be delivered via the launcher properly, doesn't have any conflicting dependencies, FTB has permission to redistribute, etc.

Inacio

Jul 29, 2019
Flans Mods all seem to add vehicles, guns and airplanes. For their cheap cost, they're overpowered and probably buggy on a server alongside the other FTB mods. Guns would also undermine all vanilla, IC2, RP, etc weapons.

I use Flan's on my server. No guns are enabled. It's really nice, and pretty much everyone likes it.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Suggestion: PowerCrystal's MineFactory Reloaded
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1629898-146-minefactory-reloaded-nether-ores-and-more/

This is mod should be added because I think that it is an awesome mod and even, though it makes the game a little bit easier, it is balanced out by the crafting recipes to create the machines. This mod is also depended on IC2, BC or TE for power supply and works well with them.
Oh. I was just coming in here to suggest that. I would also like to suggest PowerCrystal's Nether Ores, as they add some more use to the nether. I haven't had a chance to test the recently updated version myself, but if it's like the previous versions, the ores blend in well, and rare ores are still rare, even though they are somewhat easier to find due to the large amount of exposed 'rack to find them in. In previous versions there was also a chance that mining nether ores would cause a explosion, and plus mining them sometimes upset the locals. While I am uncertain if these functions are still included, or if not, if they will be added again, but what I can say, is it adds some more reason to explore the nether, beyond draining it of it's lava and looking for fortresses to raid.

However, the recent update has added several new nether ores, including Uranium for IC2/UE, and Nikolite for Redpower 2.

Nero

Jul 29, 2019
Once again I have to suggest Divine RPG, the magic world is definitely lacking in mods and when the complete pack finally gets released I'm sure this will make a fine edition.

AdrianLeong98

Jul 29, 2019
Oh. I was just coming in here to suggest that. I would also like to suggest PowerCrystal's Nether Ores, as they add some more use to the nether. I haven't had a chance to test the recently updated version myself, but if it's like the previous versions, the ores blend in well, and rare ores are still rare, even though they are somewhat easier to find due to the large amount of exposed 'rack to find them in. In previous versions there was also a chance that mining nether ores would cause a explosion, and plus mining them sometimes upset the locals. While I am uncertain if these functions are still included, or if not, if they will be added again, but what I can say, is it adds some more reason to explore the nether, beyond draining it of it's lava and looking for fortresses to raid.

However, the recent update has added several new nether ores, including Uranium for IC2/UE, and Nikolite for Redpower 2.
Hahaha, what a coincidence. I'm not sure about Nether Ores though...

Status
Not open for further replies.