More 1.7.10 stuff

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I know I have been quiet lately. I am all moved in finally. And settled... and have furniture. So back to work.

I came the realization that I cannot write all the quests for the packs on my own. So we have gathered a group of awesome talented volunteers to take my outline and crazy evilness and turn it into words and lore. Hopefully we can get a Beta of Mage Quest out soon with the foundation quests in place.

Lite 3 is being ... troublesome for writing quests. I want it to be a tutorial instead of a storyline. Something that introduces new players to the modded world. But I don't want more experienced players to feel I am patronizing them. So far I have thrown out 3 sets of rough outlines. I have told @slowpoke I am going to give it one more attempt, and then if I can't get the feel I want I will probably go ahead and ask the literary team for help.

I have basic modlists in place for Magic Farm 3 and AgSkies 2, and questlines laid out.

The main reason I haven't updated Lite and MQ is because I'd like the next update to be the Beta update with quests. However if thats not out in the next week, I'll push another alpha for each to get the mods up to date and add HQM.

GeorgeSilvio

Jul 29, 2019
Jaded, how about making a branching decision for the "easy route" (a.k.a. new players to the specific mod) OR the "Hard Route" for more advanced players.

Example:
For Tcon:
Easy : Basic Description > Patterns > Making Stations > Basic tool parts > First Tool > Smeltery Beginings > Metal Casts > First alloys > Basic metal casted parts > Assemble basic metal tools > Tool Modifiers > Advanced Tool Station > First Advanced Tool > All Advanced Tools
Hard: Patterns > All Stations > All Basic Tools > Smeltery parts > Alloys > Advanced Tools > end

I suggest for the easy route the rewards be distributed evenly and for the hard part to be the same rewards just grouped together closer.

Last edited:

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Does the HQM still have the Bug where books reset if more then 1024 players join your server?
I hope its fixed in 1.7.10

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
It still effects Crash Landing and Agrarian Skies. Or is the fix not in the Version of the mod those packs have
Definately not Agrarian Skies- that was last updated quite a while ago. A thread discussing it can be found here. Also, as Crash Landing was initially released soon after AS, I would not be surprised if it also hasn't been updated.

But either way, since all 1.7 versions have the fix, the next release of Agrarian Skies will have the fix.

Last edited:

masa

Jul 29, 2019
I just don't want players to think I am calling them stupid, but at the same time I want it to be a questline where true begginer players can learn.
I really think that won't be a problem. If you are so afraid of that, simply add a clause at the beginning of the book stating that the quests are meant as a beginner tutorial. More experienced players either won't do the quests at all, or just understand that the quest are "easy" and the descriptions "too elaborate" for their skill/experience level.

I mean, if thoroughly explaining everything to players who already know most of the stuff is talking down to them, then wouldn't every wiki be incredibly rude to all the experienced players? :p
I really wouldn't worry about it that much. Just state that the quests are meant to be a beginner tutorial, and if someone still takes offense, then there probably is no pleasing that person no matter how you wrote the thing.

Reactions: zBob

Vogon

Jul 29, 2019
I think that the first feeling anyone not deeply into modded mc gets when starting any modpack is overwhelmed with it all. I dont think a lot of people really follow all the updates, all the mods and know how to play with them all. Those who do will probably have a ton of rewards to collect when opening the quests for the first time.

I think startup quests are a good thing to have, will allow for more people that do not normally play modded to join the darkside...

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
All hail the Queen of the damned, look jaded if you do half of what you normally do, its still twice what most others do,, glad your settled in, moving is a real pain, but hey new ppl to meet & new friends to make, the big ole wheel keeps-a-turnin.