More 1.7.10 stuff

TrueDeviL

Jul 29, 2019
As long as you have Ender IO in it, so we don't have to use those silly TE conduits.. It's all good... Would be even better with Mekanism also tho :p

Vipersassasin

Jul 29, 2019
You know a modpack I wouldn't mind seeing "rebooted" but with some different mods? FTB Unleashed! That modpack was awesome and it didn't have too many mods for not as beefy computers either. It has been my favorite pack so far anyway.

Reactions: Flipz

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
You know a modpack I wouldn't mind seeing "rebooted" but with some different mods? FTB Unleashed! That modpack was awesome and it didn't have too many mods for not as beefy computers either. It has been my favorite pack so far anyway.

Let me just point you to this thread...

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/official-ftb-resurrection-beta-testers.54514/
Beta testing is closed unfortunately, so you'll just have to keep an eye out for more news. But the pack is very much a thing.

---Edit---
Misread. So many packs beginning with "U"...

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
As long as you have Ender IO in it, so we don't have to use those silly TE conduits.. It's all good... Would be even better with Mekanism also tho :p
I had billions of lag issues with EnderIO conduits... they look neat and you can put 3 or 4 in one block (energy, liquid, redstone and items) but at least TE are stable

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
Why does no one realise that a lot of the lag comes from TE? People are always saying to mod authors: "Do as TE, cuz it's no lag at all and it's so perfect". You know, timings often show that TE lags more than most other mods all together.

A lot of lag comes from TE because lets face it, 90% of machinery most of us use on server are TE machines... IC2 also has little lag per structure or processing system, but if you use EnderIO machines and conduits you are basically molesting the server... but I haven't tried it from that version that was in FTB Monster, maybe they improved it? I remember having Rotarycraft+EnderIO processing system on FTB Monster; turn on Rotarycraft part -> server eats up 3.5GB of ram (which is fine I guess, Rotary had tons of devices just so I could transfer power); turn on EnderIO part, and server is eating 10GB of ram... To be honest, after fixing some loops in piping system it reduced RAM usage to 8GB, but still, I expect at least robust piping system from mods... TE is not perfect but at least tell me some other mod with same capabilities. same stability and resource usage? I already counted IC mod in.

Reactions: CoolSquid

TrueDeviL

Jul 29, 2019
I had billions of lag issues with EnderIO conduits... they look neat and you can put 3 or 4 in one block (energy, liquid, redstone and items) but at least TE are stable

The only problem I had with Ender IO, was the fluid conduits, if it's a constant flow, they are fine, it's when they are not, like.. Something pumped through them say.. Once every couple seconds, then they lag, but as for the other conduits (item, energy).. No problems whatsoever, even on Yogscast complete (loads of mods) they were fine. They are faster then TE, they takes more energy then TE, and TE can lag if you use the transparent pipes, EIO only has the fluid ones like that.

And now they do the AE cables also, and I've seen a mod for Thaumcraft Essence AE pipes, that are also like Ender IO.. Even better.. So now you can have redstone, items, energy, fluid, ae & essence, all in 1 block.. For people that like design, and to keep things looking neat & tidy, they are the perfect solution.

Just wish more modpacks would consider them, yes the TE pipes work, but they take up too much room, you can't run them side-by-side if you wanted/needed as they auto-connect, in some situations they are just plain useless, but too many people rely on them.

I'm not saying they are bad, just saying that personally I think EIO is better.

Vipersassasin

Jul 29, 2019
TE don't even have pipes anymore, so it's really time to get EIO into some packs.

The reason TE do not have conduits anymore is because the CoFH team is actually working on diminishing the "lag" they were causing. That being said ExtraUtilities has AMAZING transfer ability for liquid, items, and energy! I am sure they would even work with TC essence too (don't know though). Either way, its another option for you to look at!

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing with FTB Lite 3 (with a few added extras - TiC, Openblocks and Opis for Mapwriter) and was trying to work out why there is so much silver and lead ore all over the place. In FTB Lite 2, my main use for lead was TE conduits (and energy cells) and silver was for electrum and coils for some TE machines, and in 1.7.10 TE uses silver dust in the enderium recipe, but what else?

But while I'm struggling to get much gold and lapiz, I've given up mining touching silver/lead as I'll never use it.

Am I missing something?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone can tell me a good hight for searching for the Infused Stones (Air, Terra, etc.)?

I'm really too used to tinker's construct hammer mining and using quarries ^^" Finding them without them is difficult :D

Cheeseless

Jul 29, 2019
In other news, it's been eleven days. Did the literary team take over on the quests? Is there anything us outside the team can do to help? Are there adjustments currently being done to the balance of the mods in the packs? Is the ore generation being tweaked to match each pack's needs? Are recipes being changed a lot for balance, or is the resource rarity going to provide most of that? Are we going to see specific parts of certains mods disabled to provide a more streamlined experience? Tell us stuff. Make us hyped. Make the packs unique. Eat something so you regen your health (lookin' at you Slow :p).

Reactions: Bashful Giant

Hambergaler

Jul 29, 2019
I know I have been quiet lately. I am all moved in finally. And settled... and have furniture. So back to work.

I came the realization that I cannot write all the quests for the packs on my own. So we have gathered a group of awesome talented volunteers to take my outline and crazy evilness and turn it into words and lore. Hopefully we can get a Beta of Mage Quest out soon with the foundation quests in place.

Lite 3 is being ... troublesome for writing quests. I want it to be a tutorial instead of a storyline. Something that introduces new players to the modded world. But I don't want more experienced players to feel I am patronizing them. So far I have thrown out 3 sets of rough outlines. I have told @slowpoke I am going to give it one more attempt, and then if I can't get the feel I want I will probably go ahead and ask the literary team for help.

I have basic modlists in place for Magic Farm 3 and AgSkies 2, and questlines laid out.

The main reason I haven't updated Lite and MQ is because I'd like the next update to be the Beta update with quests. However if thats not out in the next week, I'll push another alpha for each to get the mods up to date and add HQM.
i really need this because i used to play alot but i never got the jist of machines and stuff like that and i am getting into the modpack again and this would be very helpful

Reactions: Bashful Giant