More 1.7.10 stuff

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
I just don't want players to think I am calling them stupid, but at the same time I want it to be a questline where true begginer players can learn.

I've been playing MC since alpha, i've been playing FTB since 1.2.5.

If you lay'd out a quest system that mimic'd the "punch down a tree, now make a pick", I would not be insulted or embarrassed.

Reactions: Vogon

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Does that mean every pack has a story?

It's hard to slot a story into every mod pack. Sometimes,it's even hard fitting quests in into a pre-existing modpack storyline. At least for the quests that I'm involved with, I promise not to to force a storyline on quests that don't suit one.

Last edited:
Reactions: tatsu011

B0LTS

Jul 29, 2019
Don't be afraid to accept the fact that people expect to be patronized. They're early level quests. I've worked in retail for years. You know that cheesy way that retail people talk on TV? People expect that. When you don't act like that, they think you aren't doing your job. lol.

Also, the advanced players are only going to glance at what's needed to complete a quest and buzz through it anyway.

Reactions: egor66

shrimps

Jul 29, 2019
Do what you have to do, thanks for all the hard work and hours put into all the packs and everything else you've done. :)

KrixxisKai

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to say thank you for the quests. In alot of cases, it's because of these quests I've learned how to use, as well as learned more about the mods included. I loved learning about them in Agrarian Skies and Crash Landing. It wasn't just about whether or not the quest was easy, it was that it gave me, especially as a mostly solo player, something to work towards.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I know I have been quiet lately. I am all moved in finally. And settled... and have furniture. So back to work.

I came the realization that I cannot write all the quests for the packs on my own. So we have gathered a group of awesome talented volunteers to take my outline and crazy evilness and turn it into words and lore. Hopefully we can get a Beta of Mage Quest out soon with the foundation quests in place.

Lite 3 is being ... troublesome for writing quests. I want it to be a tutorial instead of a storyline. Something that introduces new players to the modded world. But I don't want more experienced players to feel I am patronizing them. So far I have thrown out 3 sets of rough outlines. I have told @slowpoke I am going to give it one more attempt, and then if I can't get the feel I want I will probably go ahead and ask the literary team for help.

I have basic modlists in place for Magic Farm 3 and AgSkies 2, and questlines laid out.

The main reason I haven't updated Lite and MQ is because I'd like the next update to be the Beta update with quests. However if thats not out in the next week, I'll push another alpha for each to get the mods up to date and add HQM.

Just do an abbreviated version of an EULA but modified for questing purposes on the first quest, and state in it that particular sections of quests are intended for beginners and are not to be taken as something an experienced user should take offense to. ;)

When they inevitably complain, simply point out what they failed to read right under their noses! ;) There are so many types of people in this world, it's impossible to please them all, just build it for what you intended, be sure to state that on the very first quest they're given, and hope it comes across well. :)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Reactions: CoolSquid

ExE Boss

Jul 29, 2019
I personally am in it for the lore (and the rewards) when it comes to quests.
So if you will have good lore, then I will be satisfied.

DarkIron987

Jul 29, 2019
Is the mod creator active. I would consider taking it adding some core features then work on adding the rest.

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
I am here just for FTB Lite 3... its one of the best modpacks I ever tried... Tight as walnut corset, with no massive resource/RAM use and no lags if I host game for 4 players. And most importantly no OP thingies to create in early game, it really makes you work and think before you are powerful enough to roam without worries.
I know that you cannot put a lot of mods in here for technical reasons, but I would like to see optional mods (in enable/disable window) that we can add if we prefer so... I know we can add them manually ourselves but I trust FTB team more than myself on these matters.
Also I would prefer if Aroma1997 AromaBackup can be disabled, its more annoying than useful... and most of us prefer to backup servers manually.

Reactions: tatsu011