[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Tin seems to spawn around y=40.[DOUBLEPOST=1414004599][/DOUBLEPOST]What biomes are anyone finding rubber trees in? I can't find any. Been flying around with jetpack/hang glider covering quite a bit of ground.

Last edited:

zbeeblebrox

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea when the quests not properly showing as completed is going to be fixed? The more quests I have done the harder it is to find what still needs to be done.

That's a known bug with no ETA as far as I can tell. I think it might actually be a bug in the latest version of HQM, since I noticed it in another 1.7.10 pack as well.

Reactions: Yulife

MadMax-X

Jan 12, 2014
Here's our Mega Rubber Tree, it generated near our spawn in a Mega Taiga.
As you can see, normal rubber trees are abundant too. I haven't checked many biomes in this world (Mega Taiga is big...) but looking back to 1.6.4 I never had problems finding rubber trees.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
As you can see, normal rubber trees are abundant too. I haven't checked many biomes in this world (Mega Taiga is big...) but looking back to 1.6.4 I never had problems finding rubber trees.

I just found one now and went to post when I saw yours :p.

I think mine generated a bit thicker at the top, it looks more like a tree than the one you got, yours seems to look more like a balloon on a string from a distance haha.
http://i.imgur.com/mFYURzX.jpg

Interestingly, mine also spawned in a mega taiga, maybe they're limited to that biome, or similar ones?

You guys forgot two mining dimensions, the Deep Dark and the Twillight Forest.
Actually I mentioned the deep dark, forgot about the twilight forest though, I always forget about that mod somewhow. Probably because my mate is the explorer, and I usually just sit at the base making stuff :D.

Edit: Is anyone else having trouble finding villages, or am I just being incredibly unlucky?

Last edited:

Tempissed

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious, am I just missing something in the progression? I have a flint pickaxe, which means I can't mine Iron.. So I need a smeltery to update my pickaxe to copper, but I can't get lava for the smeltery without a bucket, which I need iron for.. Is there a pickaxe head tier between flint and copper that doesn't need the smeltery that I can get that lets me mine iron?

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious, am I just missing something in the progression? I have a flint pickaxe, which means I can't mine Iron.. So I need a smeltery to update my pickaxe to copper, but I can't get lava for the smeltery without a bucket, which I need iron for.. Is there a pickaxe head tier between flint and copper that doesn't need the smeltery that I can get that lets me mine iron?
Pickaxes can level up their mining level once (atleast), I'm not sure if that will allow a flint pick to mine iron as I can't check right now.
But there's a clay bucket you can use to move lava.

Tempissed

Jul 29, 2019
This pack actually doesn't have the mining level up turned on, only the skill level ups. However, I didn't even think to check for the clay bucket, so there's my solution! Thanks!

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
This pack actually doesn't have the mining level up turned on, only the skill level ups. However, I didn't even think to check for the clay bucket, so there's my solution! Thanks!
My cobalt pick levelled up to manyllyum mining level just yesterday.

MadMax-X

Jan 12, 2014
My cobalt pick levelled up to manyllyum mining level just yesterday.

When we updated from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 yesterday my old pick had invalid data (according to the mouseover) and had to be crafted once, which removed the boost xp display and raised the mining level by one (bronze pick without boost, old mining level redstone, new mining level diamond).
After some mining, the pick leveled again and had mining level obsidian and invalid data, which can't be removed by crafting the pick.

Tempissed

Jul 29, 2019
That's strange, maybe the flint pick doesn't support mining level going up? I thought perhaps I had already leveled up it, but in my normal experience with Iguana Tweaks if you have the Mining Level boosted it says so in the tooltip, and mine just makes no mention of it whatsoever. Either way, the mining level is only copper, so I'm going to have to use a clay bucket to get started I think.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
That's strange, maybe the flint pick doesn't support mining level going up? I thought perhaps I had already leveled up it, but in my normal experience with Iguana Tweaks if you have the Mining Level boosted it says so in the tooltip, and mine just makes no mention of it whatsoever. Either way, the mining level is only copper, so I'm going to have to use a clay bucket to get started I think.
If TiCTweaks is working right a flint pick starts at Stone mining level, and has to be leveled up so that it can mine copper. Then you can get into metal tools. Sounds like the 1.1.1 update may have caused some issues though.[DOUBLEPOST=1414070755][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks for that. I'll have to try searching for (or making with Mystcraft) a Mega Taiga biome. I've explored out from my base about 10K in every direction and found no Mega Taiga biomes. Mostly desert type biomes in my world. Are you using the BoP generator? It doesn't feel like it is working very well to me.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Just looked at the TicTweaks config. It appears this was changed from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1
# Every Pickaxes Mining Level is reduced by 1 and needs a mining levelup (separate from tool level) or, if enabled, a mob head modifier to advance [default: true]
B:pickaxeBoostRequired=false
This is probably causing the problems. It's a shame. I like that feature. Think I'll turn it back on.

MadMax-X

Jan 12, 2014
Thanks for that. I'll have to try searching for (or making with Mystcraft) a Mega Taiga biome. I've explored out from my base about 10K in every direction and found no Mega Taiga biomes. Mostly desert type biomes in my world. Are you using the BoP generator? It doesn't feel like it is working very well to me.
We're using the "default" BoP worldgen. Spawn is at the shore of a Mega Taiga. In my bit of exploration so far i've seen rainforest, a seasonal forest, boreal forest, cherry blossom grove, coniferous forest, a vanilla roofed forest, some plains, jade cliffs, prairie and a redwood forest (and a lot of ocean biomes).
So far I've got the impression there's mostly forests around... Off the top of my head I couldn't tell you if I've seen any rubber trees because those don't really register when I'm not actively looking.

MadMax-X

Jan 12, 2014
I should note that I meandered a maximum of about 1000 block away from spawn in one direction.

Jadzi

Jul 29, 2019
We're using the "default" BoP worldgen. Spawn is at the shore of a Mega Taiga. In my bit of exploration so far i've seen rainforest, a seasonal forest, boreal forest, cherry blossom grove, coniferous forest, a vanilla roofed forest, some plains, jade cliffs, prairie and a redwood forest (and a lot of ocean biomes).
So far I've got the impression there's mostly forests around... Off the top of my head I couldn't tell you if I've seen any rubber trees because those don't really register when I'm not actively looking.

This is due to Minecraft's new biome generation itself. Snow biomes will not be placed next to deserts, etc. They're supposed to flow smoothly and only have similar temp/humidity biomes next to each other. So you might have to thousands of blocks to find that desert, or that jungle. And it's why you see so much 'repetition' of biomes now