[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
So, on the topic of DW20 and SFM...

I'm trying to recreate his auto potion crafter from Episode 18 (
). I've gotten through pulling water bottles from the input chest into the brewing stand, and also pulling completed potions (I'm using Splash Potions of Strength II) from the brewing stand and putting them back in the chest. It works flawlessly.

My problem comes with setting up the brewing conditions. Like DW, I set up a flow with 4 conditions. The idea is "If 3 water bottles, add nether wart", then blaze powder when it detects awkward potions, then glowstone, then gunpowder. Finalized potions will then be pulled and put into the chest. All the conditionals are set up and working fine...except the second one. I cannot for the life of me find "awkward potion" to whitelist. The first conditional properly adds nether wart to the brewing stand when there are 3 water bottles in the brewing stand, thereby creating awkward potions. There is no option, though, for detecting awkward potions as a conditional.

Searching for "awkward" produces no results. I've searched for both "aw" and "potion" and scrolled through every possible listing, and awkward potions are nowhere to be found. I can set all the other conditionals just fine, and every other potion in the game appears to be there. No awkward potion at all, which kind of kills the entire set up.

Any suggestions, and/or is anyone else having this problem?

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
This is my auto seed ;P

upload_2014-10-20_12-6-43.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1413778117][/DOUBLEPOST]Water
bottle meta data :13
Should work fine
@Albeleo

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
I keep feeling like I'm the only one that does "nested" SFM.
I use them ALL the time. Its just never seen because... well they're nested. With that said, depending on how large your program is, nesting can raise issues as there's a limit of 512(?) nodes per manager. Generally, each group costs 3 nodes(group node, node-input, node-output), which can add up with nesting

Basically me coding
This. as a coder myself, nesting is lovely![DOUBLEPOST=1413780417][/DOUBLEPOST]
Whitelist water bottle, right click it, click the arrows until you see something along the lines of "NBT Independent Detection" and set the "Damage Value" input to 16

Last edited:
Reactions: Albeleo

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
I use them ALL the time. Its just never seen because... well they're nested. With that said, depending on how large your program is, nesting can raise issues as there's a limit of 512(?) nodes per manager. Generally, each group costs 3 nodes(group node, node-input, node-output), which can add up with nesting

This. as a coder myself, nesting is lovely![DOUBLEPOST=1413780417][/DOUBLEPOST]Whitelist water bottle, right click it, click the arrows until you see something along the lines of "NBT Independent Detection" and set the damage input to 16

isnt it :13 ?

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Typo'ed, meant 16, not 13. Awkward potions ARE 373:16

--

Personally I'd set a hopper above the brewstand, use a interval trigger set to 20seconds*<number of ingrediants>+1. From the trigger, I'd remove the 3 potions from the brewstand, add 3 water bottles to the brewstand, and then add all the ingrediants into the hopper (in the order required to brew the specific potion)

So for Splash Strength II:
interval: 41 seconds
From the trigger:
  1. Remove any potions in the stand
  2. Add 3 water bottle to the stand
  3. Check if all ingrediants are present
  4. Add Netherwart, Blaze Powder, Glowstone Dust, and Gunpowder to the hopper in the stated order

Last edited:
Reactions: Albeleo

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
No problem. I know the For Loop can be confusing for those that aren't programmers. I've spent hours trying to explain how it works to my GF and she still looks at it like its black magic... Though that may be partly because I'm not the best teacher >.>

--

Which brings up something I'd like to see: A mod that builds upon SFM, adding a 'scripting' node. Would allow for users to write scripts/programs instead of having to create flow-chart elements. I mean, I probably spend more time creating flowcharts than it'd take me to type up some code that would allow me to do the same thing.(assuming I knew the scripting language)

I think this would be great, except it'd probably work better as a computercraft peripheral, since the scripting language and stuff are already there and known.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
I think this would be great, except it'd probably work better as a computercraft peripheral, since the scripting language and stuff are already there and known.
ComputerCraft wouldn't work as the author feels giving users access to block id's(or similar for MC 1.8+) breaks the fourth wall. SFM pretty much revolves around the idea of users being able to manage inventories through the use of such identification.

Edit: To add to this, the CC Peripheral API has made it excessively hard to get block ID's for peripheral authors. Whether this is intentional, or just the way the API has been coded is unknown. That isn't to say its impossible, but rather it is quite tedious/difficult

Last edited:

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
ComputerCraft wouldn't work as the author feels giving users access to block id's(or similar for MC 1.8+) breaks the fourth wall. SFM pretty much revolves around the idea of users being able to manage inventories through the use of such identification.

Edit: To add to this, the CC Peripheral API has made it excessively hard to get block ID's for peripheral authors. Whether this is intentional, or just the way the API has been coded is unknown. That isn't to say its impossible, but rather it is quite tedious/difficult

hm, forgot about that, such a pain in the backside that 'decision'.
The 'fourth wall' got torn down and rebuilt into a machine/house/factory a long, long, long time ago in modded minecraft.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
whats the best way to stop fall damage to mobs?
If its a long drop, you can use water held up by signs 3 blocks above the 'collection' area. They'll fall right through it (unless your drop allows 3+ block tall mobs) with fall damage reset.
Pros: Easy setup, can 'float' blocks above the landing
Cons: ender-type mobs may teleport out while falling through the water

Vines at the base of the drop.
Pros: Cheap, easy setup
Cons: Mobs may not 'catch' the vines and take fall damage. Grow downward

Cobwebs
Pros: Cheap, can be placed as needed in the drop
Cons: Must visit city to get them, mobs can get 'stuck', ender-type mobs may teleport away to get unstuck

I tested the slime block and blood block things, and the mobs still took fall damage.

Last edited:

EpicWhiteWolf

Jul 29, 2019
If its a long drop, you can use water held up by signs 3 blocks above the 'collection' area. They'll fall right through it (unless your drop allows 3+ block tall mobs).

Vines at the base of the drop

Cobwebs 3 blocks above the base of the drop(not sure how/where you'd get them)

I tested the slime block and blood block things, and the mobs still took fall damage.

thanks for the tips i need it to be Ender friendly so the cobwebs will work and i just found that result for the slime blocks my self and you said you're not sure where i would get them they just happen to spawn in city chests.