[1.7.10] Wanderlust Reloaded - Questing Adventure [Magic-Tech] [HQM - over 250 Quests] [Tabula Rasa]

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Was playing around and decided to turn off the in-game irc, typing /help in chat returns: "An unknown error occurred while attempting to preform this command" so i tried to press Tab to show all the commands and the game crashed with this error:

http://openeye.openmods.info/crashes/ec5da51780220d4925f8c851b4080654
http://pastebin.com/qBqVeuhD

Removing opis resolved the crashing, although the /help error remains.
/help is generally not a good idea, you can look up information online. And to disable IRC, press your chat button, go on Server List and remove EsperNet from the list.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing your pack for a few days now, and it is really run:) The only issue/crash I've had so far was in a test world I went to search for something in the creative menu & it crashed. I have seen this happen on a few packs I have played lately, and don't think it's an issue. Other than that my only other issue(well not that big of a deal really) is when creating a new world it seems to do the same thing. 10 out 10 times I tried this. You are in a random biome at spawn (normal), but every biome around me in LARGE Mushroom Islands, Desert, and or HUGE Taint Biomes. I used the hanglider to go far away in several directions from spawn, and there is just an overwhelming amount of mushroom biomes.lol Don't get me wrong, it helps with leather/beef, so I was wondering if any one else has had this?

I'm looking foreword to seeing what quest & changes you have in-store! I really like the pack so far:) Thanks again for your hard work!

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing your pack for a few days now, and it is really run:) The only issue/crash I've had so far was in a test world I went to search for something in the creative menu & it crashed. I have seen this happen on a few packs I have played lately, and don't think it's an issue. Other than that my only other issue(well not that big of a deal really) is when creating a new world it seems to do the same thing. 10 out 10 times I tried this. You are in a random biome at spawn (normal), but every biome around me in LARGE Mushroom Islands, Desert, and or HUGE Taint Biomes. I used the hanglider to go far away in several directions from spawn, and there is just an overwhelming amount of mushroom biomes.lol Don't get me wrong, it helps with leather/beef, so I was wondering if any one else has had this?

I'm looking foreword to seeing what quest & changes you have in-store! I really like the pack so far:) Thanks again for your hard work!

I have no idea how to fix the Mushroom biome thing... yeah the creative bug is a common one.

billbertking1

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried changing the PermSize in your Java args? I allways add
Code:
 -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
to the end of my modded instances. Seemed to work for this pack after I kept getting load errors.
Didn't know of this. Just tried it, still doesn't work. When it goes to load UE it gives up completely.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019

This is caused by having BoP in the pack and not selecting BoP world-type when generating the world.[DOUBLEPOST=1413322834][/DOUBLEPOST]In the Inituin section, quest Terra & Stone can not be completed because it is a crafting quest and you do not "craft" the Raw Gneiss you smelt it.

Last edited:

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
This is caused by having BoP in the pack and not selecting BoP world-type when generating the world.[DOUBLEPOST=1413322834][/DOUBLEPOST]In the Inituin section, quest Terra & Stone can not be completed because it is a crafting quest and you do not "craft" the Raw Gneiss you smelt it.

Oh... I wasn't aware of that, thanks! And yes, someone already told me about the quest, thanks, I fixed it already in the newest version which will be up in a few days :)

billbertking1

Jul 29, 2019
I submitted 1.0.2 today, we'll see if that works. Worst case, try to use my pack with MultiMC.
Alright. I will see. I don't use MultiMC. I just copy mods & configs and put them in another instance. It's easier for me, rather than anything else besides FTB/Tekkit/ATLauncher

Edit: I just saw something. No other 1.7.10 modpack is working for me.

Last edited:

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Found another snag, hopefully you already fixed it. In Mechanical Technology the Advanced Energy quest can not be completed because you do not "craft" biofuel, it is made in the crusher.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Found another snag, hopefully you already fixed it. In Mechanical Technology the Advanced Energy quest can not be completed because you do not "craft" biofuel, it is made in the crusher.
Thanks for the report! Was in my dev world, immediately fixed it :)

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

I really like BoP, but It has got resource intensive on my laptop. I was wondering, is there any quest pertaining to BoP in any way? The reason I ask, I would like to disable it, so I can get a normal world. I don't like removing mods from packs, but I kid you not, I have 4 biomes, Massive Mushroom, Taint, and small Plains. I really like plains, but every one I have found is surrounded by Taint.lol I feel dirty.lol

Thanks again for the Help.[DOUBLEPOST=1413339203][/DOUBLEPOST]What mod adds the cool Volcano's that spit lava everywhere? I know Project red adds normal ones that are just poring lava out of them, but that mods not in this pack. I went up to the top of these, and seen a red glowing block at the very top center. I decided to poke it:) and it started getting really hot, and Lava was flying EVERY were. I got down so fast.lol it was cool

Last edited:
Reactions: MissLid

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
I really like BoP, but It has got resource intensive on my laptop. I was wondering, is there any quest pertaining to BoP in any way? The reason I ask, I would like to disable it, so I can get a normal world. I don't like removing mods from packs, but I kid you not, I have 4 biomes, Massive Mushroom, Taint, and small Plains. I really like plains, but every one I have found is surrounded by Taint.lol I feel dirty.lol

Thanks again for the Help.[DOUBLEPOST=1413339203][/DOUBLEPOST]What mod adds the cool Volcano's that spit lava everywhere? I know Project red adds normal ones that are just poring lava out of them, but that mods not in this pack. I went up to the top of these, and seen a red glowing block at the very top center. I decided to poke it:) and it started getting really hot, and Lava was flying EVERY were. I got down so fast.lol it was cool

The volcano is from Bluepower, it's brilliant! :D
Yeah, a very late quest of Botania is focused around Biomes o' Plenty, don't wonder why.
That would be a pain to remove... mhm we'll see.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
The volcano is from Bluepower, it's brilliant! :D
Yeah, a very late quest of Botania is focused around Biomes o' Plenty, don't wonder why.
That would be a pain to remove... mhm we'll see.

well, the problem lies with Biome's o Plenty and not selecting it's biome type, causing alot of magical/taint/mushroom biomes to spawn
so if Biome's o Plenty fixes this problem, people should be able to create normal worlds again without a dozen of magical/taint/mushroom biomes spawning

for now I've disabled it myself aswell, hopefully Biome's o Plenty will fix this problem soon

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
well, the problem lies with Biome's o Plenty and not selecting it's biome type, causing alot of magical/taint/mushroom biomes to spawn
so if Biome's o Plenty fixes this problem, people should be able to create normal worlds again without a dozen of magical/taint/mushroom biomes spawning

for now I've disabled it myself aswell, hopefully Biome's o Plenty will fix this problem soon

Once it goes optional in 1.1.0 I don't think those problem will occur anymore.
If people want BoP they enable and use it, if not they disable BoP which solves the issue.

GOzzi

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Yulife...
this is exactly what i am looking for to play together with my son on our server but unfortunately there is no server version out to download. I read in the post you will be able to provide it or you work on it. I will not stress or push but is that still the case ? I realy want to play this modpack... all my mods what i love, 1.7 version of minecraft plus HQM... this sounds like a dream

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Yulife...
this is exactly what i am looking for to play together with my son on our server but unfortunately there is no server version out to download. I read in the post you will be able to provide it or you work on it. I will not stress or push but is that still the case ? I realy want to play this modpack... all my mods what i love, 1.7 version of minecraft plus HQM... this sounds like a dream

The reddit post was correct, yesterday morning (Around 24 hours ago) I submitted 1.0.2 with the server version - Arc_ actually tested it on a server and it worked! Just a few tweaks needed to be done - look forward to it! :)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Once it goes optional in 1.1.0 I don't think those problem will occur anymore.
If people want BoP they enable and use it, if not they disable BoP which solves the issue.

I was thinking you kept BoP enabled because of the quests, but if you change the quests you indeed no longer need to keep BoP enabled and make it optional
for now I think I've sort of found a fix for the problem though, if you go into the BoP configuration files (biomegen) and turn the vanilla biomes to override all to false it seems it'll load normal worlds, so no longer huge magical/taint/mushroom biomes. this way you can keep BoP enabled without using it's biomegen and without the magical/taint/mushroom biomes problem.

Reactions: RehabOholic

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Yulife,
only version 1.0.1 is shown in FTB Launcher.
1.0.2 needs to be accepted first.[DOUBLEPOST=1413370361][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was thinking you kept BoP enabled because of the quests, but if you change the quests you indeed no longer need to keep BoP enabled and make it optional
for now I think I've sort of found a fix for the problem though, if you go into the BoP configuration files (biomegen) and turn the vanilla biomes to override all to false it seems it'll load normal worlds, so no longer huge magical/taint/mushroom biomes. this way you can keep BoP enabled without using it's biomegen and without the magical/taint/mushroom biomes problem.

Nice fix, cheers! Regarding quests, I could make a cloud that has several quest files that are labeled, for example, with BiomesOPlenty or without so that the users could get the quests. That would be more than painful, not sure how to do it yet.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
1.0.2 needs to be accepted first.[DOUBLEPOST=1413370361][/DOUBLEPOST]

Nice fix, cheers! Regarding quests, I could make a cloud that has several quest files that are labeled, for example, with BiomesOPlenty or without so that the users could get the quests. That would be more than painful, not sure how to do it yet.

would've been nice if HQM had the option to pick between several quest files, would be a great way of providing both an easy and hard questing route for players aswell

also a question... is ore generation meant to be set so high? I don't mind getting all the ores, but I've just gotten almost 3 stacks of iron from a short mining trip with a normal stone pick...
and another question, anyone know which mod adds the small armor HUD on the left side on the screen? I want to disable it since I have installed ArmorStatusHUD

Last edited: