Jampacked Update. Where are the results?

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Funny... Every forum I've been a part of that had any kind of giveaway has quoted this law as reason for Canada being exempt, many of which have full legal departments advising them (Warner Bros. for one). There are other countries where extra tariff/taxes have to be paid by the contest sponsor, that's another reason.

Heck, there are even states in the US with laws making such contests difficult.
Warner bros cited this law because winning their contest would likely violate this line.

"Pursuant to section 74.06 of the Act, in contests designed to promote a product or business interest, adequate and fair disclosure must be made of certain information..."

I don't think the canadian skill testing question would qualify here either.

As far as things being illegal in the states, there are sweepstakes, lotteries, and contests. All 3 are similar yet different, and the differences are key in a situation like this. :p

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
The only issue I would have with moving the contest to 1.7, is that a lot of the 1.7 stuff is either non existent, or still buggy. This would make for a lot of folks not enjoying the new packs.
Just my $0.02[DOUBLEPOST=1411893694][/DOUBLEPOST]
Warner bros cited this law because winning their contest would likely violate this line.

"Pursuant to section 74.06 of the Act, in contests designed to promote a product or business interest, adequate and fair disclosure must be made of certain information..."
Again, I would contend that his line has nothing to do with the contest in question.
The contest is/was in no way designed to do either of the underlined items.

Warner Bros, on the other hand, does nothing that doesn't promote their product or business interest.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Again, I would contend that his line has nothing to do with the contest in question.
The contest is/was in no way designed to do either of the underlined items.

Warner Bros, on the other hand, does nothing that doesn't promote their product or business interest.
Understood. That is exactly what I posted.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
I will believe in the estimate of today when they are posted today. Until then, I doubt it.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
^This.

The forums, and by extension the rest of the world would be a much better place if people didn't read the word "estimate" and misinterpret it to mean "rock solid, set in concrete promise".

Reactions: TcMaX and Jadedcat

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
^This.

The forums, and by extension the rest of the world would be a much better place if people didn't read the word "estimate" and misinterpret it to mean "rock solid, set in concrete promise".

Wait... estimate doesn't mean that?
this.. changes... EVERYTHING....

Kill-Joy

Jul 29, 2019
Well, there you go. A perfect example of how not to run a competition. I'm alright with it being an estimate, but if you can't make that estimate, at least inform us. We're rather well invested in this, and you're just making it worse and worse.

tarzan1376

Jul 7, 2013
Well, there you go. A perfect example of how not to run a competition. I'm alright with it being an estimate, but if you can't make that estimate, at least inform us. We're rather well invested in this, and you're just making it worse and worse.
you sound pissed

Reactions: Nerixel

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke101 ‏@Slowpoke101 1h
@Gideon_Seymour nope the actual result is decided now, it will be announced today. I got the decision from Creeperhost last night.
If Gideon proves correct, it could be that they didn't think it worth making an apology when it's so close (within two days, a day in certain time zones I think).