[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
There are 32 quests on the first page. "Important Information!" can't be finished without going into edit mode (could that get turned into an actual quest please?) and "Making a Killing" is a hidden quest, it unlocks after killing a certain amount of mobs.

Thanks, so I guess I have to kill mobs per hand and not with a grinder and 100% isn't possible because you can only have easy or hard route.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
you can make 'em from stone, so i don't see that line of logic working very well. also, it could relatively easily be argued that knives are better than swords, due to the flexibility they provide with their special ability to be thrown. if you could stack knives, they would be strictly better in most circumstances imo.
Yeah but nobody likes to throw their knife. And since you can't stack them, that is what makes them worse than swords. You can guard with swords and you can't with knives. Didn't know you could make them out of stone. That is a bit silly. Still makes knives pretty worthless. If anything, frying pans shouldn't be able to be made out of bone cause those are arguably better than swords. Very high innate knockback and mobs get a slowness debuff. I've used nothing but a frying pan as my main melee attack my entire play through so far (over 250 minecraft days now). It's a really good weapon.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
you can make 'em from stone, so i don't see that line of logic working very well. also, it could relatively easily be argued that knives are better than swords, due to the flexibility they provide with their special ability to be thrown. if you could stack knives, they would be strictly better in most circumstances imo.
You cannot make stone swords. You can make a template for a metal cast, that's all.
TiCoSword.jpg

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
You cannot make stone swords. You can make a template for a metal cast, that's all.
View attachment 12736
Yeah, I've always seen that as a mid way between that and the tool station vs crafting station. Early on, CL allowed you to make pan out of wood and the text wasn't changed much, he just changed the text from wood to bone, but it was funnier. You can make a pan out of wood, don't ask how that works.....

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but nobody likes to throw their knife. And since you can't stack them, that is what makes them worse than swords.
crit into throw is a kill on any vanilla (minus endermen, bosses) hostile, if memory serves. haven't used knives on this map yet, since needlegun is so ludicrously overpowered.

You can guard with swords and you can't with knives
i never use guard (careful play = no ganks), although i do respect the usefulness of an on-demand 50% damage reduction for those who like playing risky for whatever reason.

Didn't know you could make them out of stone. That is a bit silly. Still makes knives pretty worthless.
how is that silly? that's just staying true to vanilla, and enhancing it with the upgrade system of tinker's.

If anything, frying pans shouldn't be able to be made out of bone cause those are arguably better than swords. Very high innate knockback and mobs get a slowness debuff. I've used nothing but a frying pan as my main melee attack my entire play through so far (over 250 minecraft days now). It's a really good weapon.
the ability to mass cook food is pretty nice as well.

View attachment 12736
it's listed as a useable material on the sword blade pattern, try throwing it on the tool bench.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
as far as stone goes, the only thing that matters is what the final part has in description text, which essentially says can only be used for making casts. Thus, yes, the usable material will be stone... to make a cast. confusing, but yeah, I think same way in agskies.

Only thing I hate about tweaks is leveling up your nice weapon and then getting the fire aspect on it, making it useless against endermen since they teleport out thereafter. silky cloth I think removes all enhancements, so yeah. it's a mixed bag full of RNG razor blades.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Sword or dagger? The SS is of the sword pattern.[DOUBLEPOST=1409689923][/DOUBLEPOST]

He finally finished that feature?
IT for tinkers changes the recipes so only use certain mats for them. They also cut stone part off from being used for tools.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
IT for tinkers changes the recipes so only use certain mats for them. They also cut stone part off from being used for tools.
I'm aware. You can however make it so certain tools can be made out of stone if you don't use the config option and do it manually. Was just wondering for myself and didn't want to test it in game.
I don't know if he did or not. I remember reading of it in the book, so yeah, maybe it isn't even an option.

Yeah last I saw it was in the IT configs and he hadn't finished it yet.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So here's a good question. I recall hearing that iguana man wasn't doing tweaks anymore but someone else was, and it's not called iguana tweaks anymore. If that is the case and memory is working properly (and that would be a first), did he take the codebase and just continue on or did he rewrite it completely? Anyone know? There are definitely some places where I feel it's broken somewhat. I think it would be so much better if you get a choice when you level up, tho that would mean having to add a gui of some sort. But yeah, get choice between two things.

Cause now, If I lump a bunch of obsidian plates on a tool to get some reinforced, tweaks seems to think all I want is reinforced and just piles it on in lieu of anything else which really forces you to wait to add enhancements till the natural progression of the tool gets finished. never looked at the code to see if that was just bad RNG or what, but it sure seems that way.[DOUBLEPOST=1409690653][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah last I saw it was in the IT configs and he hadn't finished it yet.
It's the damn skun, burning brightly into his face. He can't code properly with all that skun.... :) He should go into voice acting if modding gets tiresome.

Reactions: cannajan

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
as far as stone goes, the only thing that matters is what the final part has in description text, which essentially says can only be used for making casts. Thus, yes, the usable material will be stone... to make a cast. confusing, but yeah, I think same way in agskies.
interesting. certainly could be a bit more clear about this in the tooltips.

Sword or dagger? The SS is of the sword pattern.
sword, because sword.

*Sigh*As you wish. It's listed as a usable material because you can make the template. Again, you cannot make stone swords.
View attachment 12737
confusing tooltips are confusing.

I think it would be so much better if you get a choice when you level up,
you have my full and undying support for such a change to the tool leveling system. it keeps giving me luck on weapons (which is actually useless, right?) and haste on tools (which i don't care about).

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Seems to still not be working based on what the configs say atm.

As for someone else taking over; it appears to be a major clean up and streamlining of the code but the majority of Iguana's code seems to be in there if only in a different form.[DOUBLEPOST=1409690837][/DOUBLEPOST]
you have my full and undying support for such a change to the tool leveling system. it keeps giving me luck on weapons (which is actually useless, right?) and haste on tools (which i don't care about).

Luck is looting...

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
interesting. certainly could be a bit more clear about this in the tooltips.

sword, because sword.

confusing tooltips are confusing.

If you get enough luck, you get the fortune enchantment. It takes ~40 lapis without IT, if memory serves, although I may be wrong. Haste is pretty good... I mean, mining faster is nice, esp. early game.